As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fancy more frequent festivities? So do I.

xvs07xvs07 Registered User new member
edited October 2006 in PAX Archive
I read this, then I read the post-PAX thread and remembered the three concerts of '06, and a light bulb that's been flickering in my head for a long time finally sputtered to life: Why is it that any of us can party any weekend we choose in a smoky, stanky dance club, but have to wait up to a year between game-related revels?

Isn't anyone going to *do* something about that? Or are there already a bunch of public, regular, loud, adrenalized gatherings of which I am unaware? If not, does anyone have the first clue about how to make it happen? I'd happily volunteer to help it happen (in the Seattle area, anyhow), but I can't offer much in the way of venture capital. On the other hand, it doesn't have to be a con-sized shindig, and that event I linked to up there apparently cost $150 to put together, though that was in 2004. A simple stage alternating low-budget, bracketed one-on-one tournaments with live nerdcore, covers, and other gamecentric music would be *great*.

SO. Does anyone else want to party a little more often?

xvs07 on

• Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    xvs07 wrote:
    I read this, then I read the post-PAX thread and remembered the three concerts of '06, and a light bulb that's been flickering in my head for a long time finally sputtered to life: Why is it that any of us can party any weekend we choose in a smoky, stanky dance club, but have to wait up to a year between game-related revels?

Isn't anyone going to *do* something about that? Or are there already a bunch of public, regular, loud, adrenalized gatherings of which I am unaware? If not, does anyone have the first clue about how to make it happen? I'd happily volunteer to help it happen (in the Seattle area, anyhow), but I can't offer much in the way of venture capital. On the other hand, it doesn't have to be a con-sized shindig, and that event I linked to up there apparently cost $150 to put together, though that was in 2004. A simple stage alternating low-budget, bracketed one-on-one tournaments with live nerdcore, covers, and other gamecentric music would be *great*.

This is a great idea. I would say, Why not? A regional meet/greet would be cool. Im sure theres enough PA people in the portland area for something of the like. (im not volunteering anything... yet)

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    xvs07 wrote:

This is a great idea. I would say, Why not? A regional meet/greet would be cool. Im sure theres enough PA people in the portland area for something of the like. (im not volunteering anything... yet)

I live all the way in kennewick, but I would still go to portland for this in a heartbeat.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    xvs07xvs07 Registered User new member
    edited October 2006
    I'd go to Portland, too, but I'd prefer it if there were regular gatherings and/or meeting places in every metro area. The Backspace in Portland is one that springs to mind, though it's more laid back than I'd prefer.

xvs07 on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'd do something, and there's surprisingly quite a few people from my area that went, even though I have no clue of who they are.

Got plans to go snowboarding with one guy and his girl, but not sure if anyone else is really up for doing anything locally. Going to seattle would be cool, but depends.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    xvs07 wrote:
    I'd go to Portland, too, but I'd prefer it if there were regular gatherings and/or meeting places in every metro area. The Backspace in Portland is one that springs to mind, though it's more laid back than I'd prefer.

Ground kontrol near there is pretty cool. They serve beer after 7-8 or something. I know 2 of the co-owners. its a nice retroarcade.

Viscountalpha on
This discussion has been closed.