As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How to inventory stuff for insurance purposes?

kathoskathos Registered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So a gaffer got all his expensive shit stolen, games gone, standard theft fare. Thankfully he'll be getting his stuff replaced because he had renter's insurance.

Now what is renter's insurance, why/how is it different from home insurance?

Also, the guy got his electronics replaced because he had receipts from waaaaaay back for every single thing. I don't have that. So that story got me paranoid, and for a guy who has the same setup as the victim I'm really paranoid.

How do I make an insurance acceptable inventory so that if the unfortunate would ever to happen I can regain all/most part of it from my insurance company? Is Microsoft Works or something I can use? And I'd have to take pictures of the item too I guess right?

Brlito.png
kathos on

• fuelishfuelish Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have serial numbers for just about everything and photos of EVERYTHING. I have a lot of tools that have no #s on them, so I just opened each drawer and took a picture.
    Then put the pictures on a disk and hide it(Because they might steal your computer as well)

fuelish on
    Another day in the bike shop Pretty much what it sounds like. The secret lifestyle, laid open.
  • JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Instead of just hiding the disc, consider also using the free trials of remote backup sites like Mozy in case of something like a fire.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif