As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

so.. pissed

y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theoristthe Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
edited October 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
long story short - there's a piss puddle on our dorm room carpet. wasn't recognized as piss for about a day and a half roughly due to a total and utter lack of smell. now it stinks. how the hell do we get it to stop. we've scrubbed in a dish washing liquid/warm water solution, extracted, and rinsed with warm water multiple times, then a vinegar/water solution, warm water, etc, and it still stinks like goddamn piss. We would prefer to get this done without involving an outside cleaner, because it's a dorm room, would have to be done through the school, we don't even know how to do that, and because we'd probably have to pay way more than a normal person would. there has GOT to be a way to get this to stop fucking stinking. please

C8Ft8GE.jpg
maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
y2jake215 on

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    you can rent a cleaner from a lot of big stores for like 12 bucks

Raneados on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    also if you can get like a shop vac, a sturdy brush and some 'pet stain enzyme cleaner' you can get that taken care of with some elbow grease

Orikaeshigitae on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why the hell would someone pee on your floor...also you can get those Bussel carpet cleaners for real cheap, i have one and it works ridiculously well. Might be a good investment for...i dunno, the next time someone decides to use your carpet instead of the toilet.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    also if you can get like a shop vac, a sturdy brush and some 'pet stain enzyme cleaner' you can get that taken care of with some elbow grease

These enzyme cleaners work great on pee smell. They can even get through "old people smell" which is up there with cat spray as one of the most persistent smells you can get in a carpet.

Hevach on
  • stawkstawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why the hell would someone pee on your floor...

college.

temporary fix would be a shit ton of febreeze

stawk on

stawk.jpg
  • Drew_9999Drew_9999 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cover the scent with your own.

Drew_9999 on
  • RedCreamSodaRedCreamSoda Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Drew_9999 wrote: »

HAHAHAHA :lol:

I think the best Idea here is to get some pet clean up stuff. We had a similar situation in college, and pet cleaner worked the best.

RedCreamSoda on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Drew_9999 wrote: »

When wolves become interior decorators.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Excellent restraint on everyone's part so far by avoiding the obvious Big Lebowski jokes.

ASimPerson on
  • illigillig Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    get an enzyme based pee-cleaner from a pet store... it works great on carpet, and will get rid of the smell much better than a regular carpet cleaner

illig on