My art work randoms

PepZiPepZi Registered User
edited October 2008 in Artist's Corner
Hey everyone I'm new to this site, so I thought I'd say hello... And share some random art.
sevtq3.jpg
A random Sketch of a friend as a joke...


imanq4.jpg
Some unfinished cover art

More to come I'm sure...

- RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
PepZi on
«1

Posts

  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have no idea what's going on in that cover.

    Godfather on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Whats going on in that second one dude? Try reducing and defining some of the lines. All i can make out is an alien and a crow.

    winter_combat_knight on
  • AllanAllan Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Guys it's the imagination of a madman!

    It doesn't have to make sense!

    Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif
  • DeeLockDeeLock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes...yes it does...

    DeeLock on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited October 2008
    I strongly recommend practicing without color. Like.... Don't even practice with shading, just practice with reading a object and understanding depth. Theres no need to use multiple pencils, just use maybe a 2B or a HB or a B pencil and draw a object.

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • AllanAllan Registered User
    edited October 2008
    DeeLock wrote: »
    Yes...yes it does...

    Sorry, do I need to put a "/sarcasm" at the end of my posts?

    Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes....yes you do...

    Mustang on
  • PepZiPepZi Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Whats going on in that second one dude? Try reducing and defining some of the lines. All i can make out is an alien and a crow.

    Try thinking someone rippin open their head and letting out the bull shit...

    Or try thinking out side the box... :P
    /sarcasm

    PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thinking outside the box is old... it's like thinking inside the box. The new outside the box is inside the box.

    MagicToaster on
  • ShiboeShiboe Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Thinking outside the box is old... it's like thinking inside the box. The new outside the box is inside the box.

    Or even better, you have to know what's inside the box before you can venture outside of it.

    Now to put on the grumpy meanie hat: Nothing here is outside of the box. It looks like very poorly rendered monster skribbles almost every pub'ing boy scrawls at some point. And before you say it, don't try to pull the style card, it's one used by very many new artists who really don't have a concept of what style really means. And like 99.9% of the population, you must to learn what is good, fundamental, and sound art, before you can venture into style.

    Also, do not take this in any way to mean that I am an expert artist preaching down to you. I'm very much on the uphill of the talent mountain.

    Shiboe on
  • PepZiPepZi Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Opinion noted... But I still journey the box, I have smashed many boxes along the way. But I still stop and study the box. Cherish the craftsmanship in the godly design that is the box! It's fine shape, it's deep interior, it's soft outer edges and tight gaps.

    I wanna know more about the box. I will devote my life to it and redefine my art skills along the way...

    PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited October 2008
    There is no damn box now start studying objects

    Edit: I hate you

    Oh and also shiboe speaks the truth

    andddddddd... No.... there is no more, and... Your energetic about art take a class for it, then you'll be like "ohh my gawd I hate these assignments and these teachers are annoying i'm to good for this" GOD I HATE THOSE PEOPLE. Then you'll consume half of your time doing little design things and.

    A.) Become someone who writes there names on things or.. "tagging" in a way whatever bombing tagging, the lazy one where people put there name on or.
    B.) you'll drop art altogether
    C.) if you like anime you'll be that guy who sits there and talks about anime in the beginning art classes and don't concentrate on the subject matter making my life horrible and staying in those classes to carry on the tradition of ruining everyones lives because your to busy talking about damn anime and not actually learning about the material I thought it would end when I whent to college I really did animeanimeanineaimainaime

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • PepZiPepZi Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Wow.... This kid must have a TV crew follow me :P

    OMG How did you know that about me! It's truly amazing.... Your wisdom has shed light on my life...

    I Must Become A Box Like You....

    BTW, I don't hate you in fact I love worship and admire you now! <3

    PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited October 2008
    wtf why does everyone love me

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • PepZiPepZi Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Everyone loves a player hater...

    PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's the witches hat, it's very fetching.

    Seriously though dude, try not to get offended, the peeps here are only trying to help you. If you pay attention to what they're saying your art will improve in leaps and bounds. It's easy to get pissy when your baby get's called ugly, but if it is, that's what it get's called and getting fucked off about it isn't going to make it any better.

    Mustang on
  • PepZiPepZi Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Not the slightest bit offended Mustang. Just thought I'd have a lark...

    PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »
    C.) if you like anime you'll be that guy who sits there and talks about anime in the beginning art classes and don't concentrate on the subject matter making my life horrible and staying in those classes to carry on the tradition of ruining everyones lives because your to busy talking about damn anime and not actually learning about the material I thought it would end when I whent to college I really did animeanimeanineaimainaime

    Dude, this reminds me of someone in my class. He always talks about anime and pokemon games. Plus he has a fetish for drawing pregnant bunny people.

    winter_combat_knight on
  • falconirefalconire Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's crazy, but it's not that bad. It reminds me - in a way less cleaned up way - of Chris Bachelos early work from Shade the Changing Man.

    falconire on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Are you serious? The picture makes no sense whatsoever; you can't pull the 'ol "it's a dream/nightmare it doesn't have to make sense!" bullshit on this kind of stuff. I've seen people draw fucked up dream sequences far more coherently and better than this.

    It's because there's no structure to the thing. Where's the balance/movement/tension/focal point? Is it symmetrical or asymmetrical? These things are important in creating a cover, and it looks like the OP just scribbled some stuff down on a page, applied a weak color job to the thing at called it a day.

    It's just a big fat mess, and honestly the OP has been getting it really easy in this thread.

    Godfather on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shiboe wrote: »
    you have to know what's inside the box before you can venture outside of it.

    This will be my moto from now on.

    MagicToaster on
  • PepZiPepZi Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Each to their own ey Godfather... I drew it, with a few hidden messages about fear and insanity... I guess you gotta be loopy to understand it.
    Would it help to impress you with the fact that I drew that with 6 other a4 ink sketches in a 3 hours at 5 am waiting for a file to upload?

    PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PepZi wrote: »
    Each to their own ey Godfather... I drew it, with a few hidden messages about fear and insanity... I guess you gotta be loopy to understand it.
    Would it help to impress you with the fact that I drew that with 6 other a4 ink sketches in a 3 hours at 5 am waiting for a file to upload?

    While harsh Godfather is right, you don't have to be "loopy" to understand your art. Because there's really no "method to your madness". Look at Jackson Pollock. His art you might be able to say has hidden messages about fear and insanity, but at the same time he has structure to his art.

    Listen to what some people are saying.
    Shiboe's quote above pretty much hits the mark.

    Prospicience on
  • GrennGrenn Registered User
    edited October 2008
    PepZi wrote: »
    I drew that with 6 other a4 ink sketches in a 3 hours at 5 am

    It shows.

    Grenn on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited October 2008
    PepZi wrote: »
    Each to their own ey Godfather... I drew it, with a few hidden messages about fear and insanity... I guess you gotta be loopy to understand it.
    Would it help to impress you with the fact that I drew that with 6 other a4 ink sketches in a 3 hours at 5 am waiting for a file to upload?

    It would impress me if you started realizing how horrible it is and started practicing

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • KendeathwalkerKendeathwalker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Loomdun wrote: »

    It would impress me if you started realizing how horrible it is and started practicing

    Kendeathwalker on
  • falconirefalconire Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wouldn't say either drawing is perfect in the least. But realize that art is a form of expression, not an exact science.

    falconire on
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    falconire wrote: »
    I wouldn't say either drawing is perfect in the least. But realize that art is a form of expression, not an exact science.

    Er.

    I understand your reasoning behind this saying this, and it's true. But it's also true that it's the worst type of advice the OP could hear. He/ or she really needs to start looking at drawing like it is an exact science, and nothing else.

    How line variation works, grasping bone and muscle structure, studying and practicing from life, sketching gestures, improving composition, understanding color theory, and how light is refracted on a surface. There is a certain science to all this. Once it is understood, that is when expression can be formulated and communicated in a visually appealing way.

    It is clear pepzi has little to no understanding of any of this, and the work is about as visually unappealing as it could be. You will never improve without looking at art like a science. If continuing to draw scratchy doodles and cartoons is all that you want to do, than more power to you. There is nothing wrong with that.

    But if actual improvement and understanding is to be reached, coddling the artist with, oh it's just an expression is just a terrible thing to do. It's not just an expression and the sooner you start looking to improve your technique the better.

    earthwormadam on
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Your going far to advance by saying studying muscle structure and bone ect. This person does not even understand how to manage a Cylinder cone triangle or a box. That is exactly why I say draw random objects hes better off learning how to draw a cup then the bone structure of a human.

    Loomdun on
    splat
  • firegolemfiregolem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I actually liked it.

    firegolem on
    I got nothing to sitewhore. Go here instead: www.nmcf.co.za
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    falconire wrote: »
    I wouldn't say either drawing is perfect in the least. But realize that art is a form of expression, not an exact science.

    Er.

    I understand your reasoning behind this saying this, and it's true. But it's also true that it's the worst type of advice the OP could hear. He/ or she really needs to start looking at drawing like it is an exact science, and nothing else.

    How line variation works, grasping bone and muscle structure, studying and practicing from life, sketching gestures, improving composition, understanding color theory, and how light is refracted on a surface. There is a certain science to all this. Once it is understood, that is when expression can be formulated and communicated in a visually appealing way.

    It is clear pepzi has little to no understanding of any of this, and the work is about as visually unappealing as it could be. You will never improve without looking at art like a science. If continuing to draw scratchy doodles and cartoons is all that you want to do, than more power to you. There is nothing wrong with that.

    But if actual improvement and understanding is to be reached, coddling the artist with, oh it's just an expression is just a terrible thing to do. It's not just an expression and the sooner you start looking to improve your technique the better.

    ^Advise to listen too.

    Mustang on
  • PepZiPepZi Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Wow this place is mad mega serious... This is to much fun! :)

    PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
  • MustangMustang Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    and that's your cue to exit.

    Mustang on
  • schnitzelschnitzel Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Mustang wrote: »
    ^Advise to listen too.
    okay, this definitely represents ONE SPECIFIC type of mindset about what art should be. and in this day and age, with all the developments in art throughout history, it is absurd to say that art is less valid or "good" because it doesn't follow the tenets touched upon and developed in greco-roman art and then truly cultivated in the renaissance, baroque periods and beyond in various manners... now, the concept of "aestheticism" in art may certainly apply too many people and for good reason. If you do not find this work aesthetically pleasing, okay. If an artist is truly an artist, and makes art because it is his or her ardent passion and not solely to try to make a living through it, I think the most important thing is that the artwork means something to the artist. There is something about feeling deeply emotionally attached to something you've created that is emphatically more satisfying than other people telling you your stuff is good because you've obviously studied from life, and mastered representation of anatomy and the effects of light on objects in real space. I mean shit, look at paul mufuggin klee.... "the twittering machine"??? excellent. one of the major ideas of the modernist period and beyond was the avant-garde. now we're past the post-modernist stage, and we're in the stage where shit, whatever it is you're doing, DO IT WELL!!! if you don't like this guy's artwork fine, but understand it's completely subjective and there is no reason to diss it because it doesn't adhere to your idea that art should be a window into or a mirror reflecting the secular world, or at least that things in a fantastical world should contain veristic representations of what real or imaged objects would look like with a chiaroscuro effect applied.

    schnitzel on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PepZi wrote: »
    Wow this place is mad mega serious... This is to much fun! :)

    Obviously this dude is a joker.

    winter_combat_knight on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Who wants a sandwich?

    MagicToaster on
  • rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    schnitzel wrote: »
    Mustang wrote: »
    ^Advise to listen too.
    okay, this definitely represents ONE SPECIFIC type of mindset about what art should be. and in this day and age, with all the developments in art throughout history, it is absurd to say that art is less valid or "good" because it doesn't follow the tenets touched upon and developed in greco-roman art and then truly cultivated in the renaissance, baroque periods and beyond in various manners... now, the concept of "aestheticism" in art may certainly apply too many people and for good reason. If you do not find this work aesthetically pleasing, okay. If an artist is truly an artist, and makes art because it is his or her ardent passion and not solely to try to make a living through it, I think the most important thing is that the artwork means something to the artist. There is something about feeling deeply emotionally attached to something you've created that is emphatically more satisfying than other people telling you your stuff is good because you've obviously studied from life, and mastered representation of anatomy and the effects of light on objects in real space. I mean shit, look at paul mufuggin klee.... "the twittering machine"??? excellent. one of the major ideas of the modernist period and beyond was the avant-garde. now we're past the post-modernist stage, and we're in the stage where shit, whatever it is you're doing, DO IT WELL!!! if you don't like this guy's artwork fine, but understand it's completely subjective and there is no reason to diss it because it doesn't adhere to your idea that art should be a window into or a mirror reflecting the secular world, or at least that things in a fantastical world should contain veristic representations of what real or imaged objects would look like with a chiaroscuro effect applied.

    Art is not magical. Not everything is art.

    rts on
    skype: rtschutter
  • GrennGrenn Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Who wants a sandwich?

    Me please! What's on the menu? :P

    Grenn on
  • ShiboeShiboe Registered User
    edited October 2008
    cakemikz wrote: »
    schnitzel wrote: »
    Mustang wrote: »
    ^Advise to listen too.
    okay, this definitely represents ONE SPECIFIC type of mindset about what art should be. and in this day and age, with all the developments in art throughout history, it is absurd to say that art is less valid or "good" because it doesn't follow the tenets touched upon and developed in greco-roman art and then truly cultivated in the renaissance, baroque periods and beyond in various manners... now, the concept of "aestheticism" in art may certainly apply too many people and for good reason. If you do not find this work aesthetically pleasing, okay. If an artist is truly an artist, and makes art because it is his or her ardent passion and not solely to try to make a living through it, I think the most important thing is that the artwork means something to the artist. There is something about feeling deeply emotionally attached to something you've created that is emphatically more satisfying than other people telling you your stuff is good because you've obviously studied from life, and mastered representation of anatomy and the effects of light on objects in real space. I mean shit, look at paul mufuggin klee.... "the twittering machine"??? excellent. one of the major ideas of the modernist period and beyond was the avant-garde. now we're past the post-modernist stage, and we're in the stage where shit, whatever it is you're doing, DO IT WELL!!! if you don't like this guy's artwork fine, but understand it's completely subjective and there is no reason to diss it because it doesn't adhere to your idea that art should be a window into or a mirror reflecting the secular world, or at least that things in a fantastical world should contain veristic representations of what real or imaged objects would look like with a chiaroscuro effect applied.

    Art is not magical. Not everything is art.

    Wholeheartedly agreed. Really tired of the elongated explanation why any art has some deep special meaning as long as the artist is willing to be obscure and detailed when he explains why shit on a canvas isn't actually shit, but a special and unique snowflake. Too many people caught up in the egotistical side and forcing their own expression on a medium that should speak for itself, while ignoring the actual quality of the art. The longer and more convoluted the explanation, the better the art! Eh?

    Shiboe on
  • PepZiPepZi Registered User
    edited October 2008
    PepZi wrote: »
    Wow this place is mad mega serious... This is to much fun! :)

    Obviously this dude is a joker.

    Nice Batman reference...

    PepZi on
    - RTUFSS.net: Isn't even a really good website or anything...
Sign In or Register to comment.