As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Did You Know I Was Going To Make This Post? [Psychic-ness!]

An-DAn-D EnthusiastAshevilleRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
Okay, I had a rather emotional discussion with someone (he was the one getting emotional) about the validity of psychic powers - like telepathy and telekinesis. He continuously made the point that telepathy and telekinesis had been scientifically proven...to which I logically raised the BS-flag on. I felt that if such a scientific discovery had been made, I (probably most people) would have heard of it and probably would've dropped out of college to develop such powers. I mean, seriously, that would be awesome. He insisted that it had been done.

And since I don't spend a lot of time looking up things I feel are crazy, I couldn't disprove him by bringing up an article or something. Also, given how much we're learning about the human brain, I felt that it was possible that this event could have occurred. And if it had occurred, had it been replicated? This was a major part of my argument and he claimed it couldn't be replicated because if one didn't believe in telepathy, they would block it out. That was the major logical roadblock that stopped the debate me. Disbelief shouldn't be a variable in real scientific experiments...in my opinions anyway.

Still, it got me thinking that I may be behind in my knowledge of this area of paranormal-ness. So I whisked up a thread.
uf_geller_122206.jpg

So, what do you all think (or know)? Is the idea of psychic powers actually valid and plausible or is it just sci-fi/fantasy craziness?

An-D on

• Options
    MatrijsMatrijs Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I heard a story somewhere, second hand, that was allegedly told by a professor of some scientific variety. The source is not clear to my memory, but the story is. It goes like this:

One night, I was sitting in bed reading, when all of a sudden, I had a horrible premonition that my grandfather, who was in poor health at the time, had died. Mere seconds later, the phone rang. I hurried over to pick it up, expecting to hear the terrible news of my grandfather.

It was a telemarketer. I called my grandfather - he was fine. I then resolved to remember this incident and tell everyone I knew about it.

The point is that most people wouldn't. So-called "psychic" behavior or "premonitions" among everyday people can probably be chalked up to confirmation bias. "Psychic" behavior among professionals has been repeatedly debunked as fraudulent. It's just not out there, fun though it is to imagine.

Matrijs on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    When your friend insists that psychic behavior has been scientifically substantiated, ask him to present it to James Randi.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I think a lot of the idea that it's been validated comes from people like the CIA spending money researching it. People forget that the CIA likes to spend money researching any old shit that they think it would be awesome to have. They probably research demon summoning.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I've never heard of any reputable proof of psychic abilities being done, and like you i would have thought such a study would be very widely publicised, therefore i'm inclined to continue to not believe in psychics and related shenanigans.

I'm not saying its impossible, but i've yet to see a believable, reputable piece of evidence on the matter. You should have put the burden of proof on him much sooner in your argument.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It's entirely possible that at some point, people will understand the way that human brain operates in new ways, and people who have had the potential to do things like this but never learned it because they were in effect trying to learn how to use a muscle they can't see or feel to get feedback on will be able to do these things in a scientifically justifiable manner.

Right now? Mostly bullshit.

Which is not to say that I don't believe it exists, just that it hasn't been proven in any capacity, and we don't get it, and a lot of people would disagree about the specifics.

I am pretty intuitive. I am really good at reading people's emotions. Maybe I've got a sense that hasn't been uncovered yet, or maybe I'm just naturally good at reading body language, intonation, and word choice and putting together logical scenarios.

I also practice something that is like faith healing (reiki), and doing that, I have given people comfort and, they say, helped them feel better. Science appears to be iffy on whether reiki works (there are some studies that support it, and prayer, as helping people with chronic conditions, but the studies have been critiqued justifiably as lacking hard data and control groups). It appears to help the people I use it on, but it's never something I'm going to try to convert someone into a true believer on, because until there's a bunch of science backing it up, it's more prayer than anything else, and I try not to evangelize.

Ultimately, whether I'm praying or trying to figure out what's going on in someone's life, I get the best results when I stick to the mantra, "You've got five senses, not six." I don't think there's a magic lightswitch that gets flicked on to turn somebody into Matt Parkman. I think that some people can use free association and intuition and observation and get some uncanny results, but it's no crazier, and also no more common, then the people who can orient to north naturally in a dark room based on direction sense alone.

Okay, flame on.

takyris on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    When your friend insists that psychic behavior has been scientifically substantiated, ask him to present it to James Randi.

Quick, while the challenge is still running!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Quick, while the challenge is still running!

We got two more years :P

So the general consensus is that the stories we hear about psychics today are mostly bullshit? I kind of assumed that, but part of me kind of hoped for someone to throw up a scientific journal about something being proven (I can't find a reputable source anywhere). I mean...that would be sweet. But really...its pretty much what I assumed. BS.

The dude was making some pretty intense claims that he claimed came from him being empathic (knowing something was wrong with a girl when she was acting normal...and it turned out her mom had died etc), and to me it just seemed like maybe he was good at reading body language or other things that takyris pointed out. Most "psychic" abilities that involve that kind of stuff can mostly be drawn up to those things...or just coincidence.

An-D on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Well, there are some supposed psychic abilities that are obviously impossible because there is simply no physical mechanism by which they could function, such as telekenisis. Moving something requires applying energy to it and the brain is not capable of projecting or delivering such energy. Hands, on the other hand, are pretty good at it.

Others are at least somewhat plausible, such as things involving control over one's body and faith healing or whatever, because their is precedant with the placaebo effect and people who for whatever reason concsciously control muscle the rest of us can't. Mind over body isn't anything magical, but neither is it without basis in reality or applicability.

Intuition is a good example because it is at least plausible to consider that the brain is a very advanced, very efficient data processing system honed by millenia of evolution. It is concievable that one can process information and arrive at conclusions on a sub-concious level, and these conclusions manifest in the concious mind as intuition, visions, etc.

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The only thing that I can think of is a bunch of experiemnts that I cannot remember the name of. Basically the deal was they got people to try and effect the outcome of a random number generator for hojillions of trials.

If you listen to their analyses then the 2.3% (or some small percentage) deviation from chance is of significance.

If I rememebr correctly their statistical methods were flawed and would count a wild lack of success as "negative powers" and things like that.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Apoth, I can tell that's flawed straight away. If you do that many tests any small effect will end up being "statistically significant".

The trick is "significant" doesn't mean "important".

It's only worthwhile if they replicate it with a small sample. That amount of trials basically amounts to never having done it at all. Your chance of a false rejection of null just goes through the roof and you can't say anything anymore.

So, basically, throw that experiment out with the trash and anything they ever said about it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    DaenrisDaenris Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There have been many studies that support psychic things, and many studies that don't support it. The large scale CIA experiments that ended in the mid-90s were pretty much inconclusive. They provided all of their data to two statisticians to analyze. One concluded that there was a statistically significant effect showing evidence of ESP/clairvoyance, but that it was small enough and inconsistent enough to not be useful, and the other concluded that the observed effect was because of experimental flaws/etc.

If I get some time I can provide references to some papers that have support and refute psychic phenomena (actually if you have university access you can just go to PubMed or PsychInfo and search for things like clairvoyance, remote viewing, whatever). The problem is that many of them have not been replicated, so they stand as very shaky evidence.

Daenris on
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    http://www.randi.org/joom/challenge-info.html

Still has yet to be claimed.

edit:Beat...by a lot

Katholic on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There is as yet no evidence of any form of psychic powers, and plenty of charlatans and scam artists who have been unmasked or are very obvious in their bullshittery.

The real question is, can I go to the psychic on the corner and convince them to admit that, hey, we're all adults here, you're just scamming suckers, right? I can work with that. Just admit it. Just give me that.

Or do they actually believe they have powers?

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2008
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Well, there are some supposed psychic abilities that are obviously impossible because there is simply no physical mechanism by which they could function, such as telekenisis. Moving something requires applying energy to it and the brain is not capable of projecting or delivering such energy. Hands, on the other hand, are pretty good at it.

The brain does emit radiation, which is why applying electrodes to your head can let people read your brain waves. It's theoretically possible, at least, that something in your brain could be able to interpret the radiation given off by someone else's brain as feelings or thoughts or something. I mean, not bloody likely, but there's at least a possible mechanism.

Shit like pyrokinesis and telekinesis and the like is clearly impossible, though.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    There is as yet no evidence of any form of psychic powers, and plenty of charlatans and scam artists who have been unmasked or are very obvious in their bullshittery.

The real question is, can I go to the psychic on the corner and convince them to admit that, hey, we're all adults here, you're just scamming suckers, right? I can work with that. Just admit it. Just give me that.

Or do they actually believe they have powers?

Some folks are con artists, some folks genuinely believe they have special abilities.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »

The brain does emit radiation, which is why applying electrodes to your head can let people read your brain waves. It's theoretically possible, at least, that something in your brain could be able to interpret the radiation given off by someone else's brain as feelings or thoughts or something. I mean, not bloody likely, but there's at least a possible mechanism.

Shit like pyrokinesis and telekinesis and the like is clearly impossible, though.

The energy emitted by your brain is so weak and so short-ranged that you'd have to apply electrodes or some other physical, proximal mechanism to do so.

The only manner in which human telepathy could function is by holding heads together, or similar.

Yes, that's right.

Mind-meld.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    takyris wrote: »
    I get the best results when I stick to the mantra, "You've got five senses, not six."

Regarding the Aristotelian idea of there being five senses:
    Aristotle said "five" . . . Right. So what about balance? What about hunger? What about thirst? Why aren't they senses? Feedback from your relationship with the world. Pressure. There are lots, and there are other ones. Feeling heat. Where do you feel heat? You don't . . . you don't touch heat. . . . So there is "thermoception". "Nociception", which is pain. "Equilibrioception", which is balance. There's also "proprioception", which is, if you--[demonstrating as he speaks]--close your eyes and move your hand about, you know where it is.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    that's a good point; we have far more than five senses, and they're not really distinct, either.

there was an interesting article about how senses can act as plug-ins for other kinds of input, as well. for example, blind people can receive taste sensation to help them navigate a room, and it can be almost as effective as sight; the body quickly adapts and creates conceptual three dimensional spaces based on taste. there was also a belt made of cell-phone vibrators, always vibrating north, that a guy wore; he never got lost, found it much easier to navigate the city, and was disoriented and confused when the belt was removed.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    WetsunWetsun Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    One time my mom had a dream that Dale Earnhardt died, came in and told everyone when the Daytona 500 was on...something like "Is Dale okay?..." (my dad had always been a big #3 fan). Then a few hours later he was dead.

She always says she has dreams about things that happen later, but this is the only one I can recall.

Coincidence probably, but a spooky one.

Wetsun on
    XBL/Steam: Wetsun
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »

The energy emitted by your brain is so weak and so short-ranged that you'd have to apply electrodes or some other physical, proximal mechanism to do so.

The only manner in which human telepathy could function is by holding heads together, or similar.

Yes, that's right.

Mind-meld.

This should be a top priority! Once we master getting stemcells to differentiate into brain cells consistently we just drill a hole in each of your skulls and bridge the gap! So who wants to fund my research? C'mon don't be shy!

Dman on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    there was also a belt made of cell-phone vibrators, always vibrating north, that a guy wore; he never got lost, found it much easier to navigate the city, and was disoriented and confused when the belt was removed.

This is genious. Have you got a source on this somewhere?

Cell phone vibrator belt yields nothing obvious and I'm a bit wary of googling vibrator belt at work.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    An EEG reads electromagnetic fields not radiation. Your heads aren't nuclear reactors.

What the hell Eljeffe?

Maybe you are thinking of fmri and cat scans which put a slightly radioactive substance into the blood (not enough to hurt) so it can read changes in blood flow to the brain.

Straight "brain wave" scanning like you are thinking of is electromagnetic. I mean maybe you could think of it as radiation but it's a pretty lazy way to do so and...

Actually no wait keep thinking that it's amusing to imagine peoples heads being mini fusion reactors or something.

Carry on.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    LerageLerage Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It really bugs me when people say that they're slightly psychic or can easily read people better than the next guy - picking up on people's emotions and body language to figure out how they're feeling is an important part of being a sensitive, social human being, and if we're paying attention we all do it, doesn't make us psychic.

Plus I think that even if 1% of professional mediums/psychics are for real, the vast majority are evil and manipulative, playing on people's emotions like that for money. In no other industry can you get away with such lies (eg. advertising products - you can't say it'll make you live forever or something).

Lerage on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I guarantee if you walked up to a psychic wearing a full face mask and a shapeless robe that hid your body language he wouldn't be able to predict jack about you.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I guarantee if you walked up to a psychic wearing a full face mask and a shapeless robe that hid your body language he wouldn't be able to predict jack about you.

Except that you're strange and eager to disprove the existence of psychic abilities. Oh snap!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    there was also a belt made of cell-phone vibrators, always vibrating north, that a guy wore; he never got lost, found it much easier to navigate the city, and was disoriented and confused when the belt was removed.

I'd love one of them - add a GPS widget that increased the vibration as you got closer to your intended destination, and it'd be like having your own Crazy Taxi-style floating arrow.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »

This is genious. Have you got a source on this somewhere?

Cell phone vibrator belt yields nothing obvious and I'm a bit wary of googling vibrator belt at work.

http://mobiquitous.com/active-belt-e.html

actually pager vibrators apparently.

i'm trying to find the article about sense-substitution/plug-ins right now.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    takyristakyris Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Lerage wrote: »
    It really bugs me when people say that they're slightly psychic or can easily read people better than the next guy - picking up on people's emotions and body language to figure out how they're feeling is an important part of being a sensitive, social human being, and if we're paying attention we all do it, doesn't make us psychic.

Plus I think that even if 1% of professional mediums/psychics are for real, the vast majority are evil and manipulative, playing on people's emotions like that for money. In no other industry can you get away with such lies (eg. advertising products - you can't say it'll make you live forever or something).

Okay.

But I am.

Not psychic. But better at reading people than the average person.

Just like 49% of the world is.

takyris on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I have a psychic power.

What is it?

If I'm bored during the day, and a random episode of *favorite TV show* starts playing in the background of my mind, I will see that episode on the TV that night.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Sheep wrote: »
    I have a psychic power.

What is it?

If I'm bored during the day, and a random episode of *favorite TV show* starts playing in the background of my mind, I will see that episode on the TV that night.

congratulations! your psychic power is:

confirmation bias

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    GungHoGungHo Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yeah I think a lot of the idea that it's been validated comes from people like the CIA spending money researching it. People forget that the CIA likes to spend money researching any old shit that they think it would be awesome to have. They probably research demon summoning.
    Maybe. I think they just needed to find a charge code for spending millions of hours jerking off at the office.

GungHo on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Bogart wrote: »
    I get the best results when I stick to the mantra, "You've got five senses, not six."

Aristotle said "five" . . . Right. So what about balance? What about hunger? What about thirst? Why aren't they senses? Feedback from your relationship with the world. Pressure. There are lots, and there are other ones. Feeling heat. Where do you feel heat? You don't . . . you don't touch heat. . . . So there is "thermoception". "Nociception", which is pain. "Equilibrioception", which is balance. There's also "proprioception", which is, if you--[demonstrating as he speaks]--close your eyes and move your hand about, you know where it is.

Those are all filed under "somatosensation", which is what most people are thinking of when they say "touch".

You've got five senses: vision, audition, gustation, olfactation, and somatosensation.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I have a psychic power.

What is it?

confirmation bias

I knew you would say that.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »

Those are all filed under "somatosensation", which is what most people are thinking of when they say "touch".

You've got five senses: vision, audition, gustation, olfactation, and somatosensation.

that's a hell of a lot of stuff under a broad umbrella.

i don't think there's any real reason to classify balance under the same umbrella as touch.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Daedalus wrote: »

that's a hell of a lot of stuff under a broad umbrella.

i don't think there's any real reason to classify balance under the same umbrella as touch.

I didn't see "balance" up there, I read a little quickly. But isn't that in your inner ear?

Pain? Heat? Yeah, that's under "touch". I don't classify "tasting sugars" and "tasting acids" as two separate senses. "Seeing red wavelengths" and "seeing blue wavelengths" aren't two separate senses, even though some people only have one or the other. "Feeling heat" and "feeling pressure" are not two separate senses.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Balance is caused by your inner ear. I forget the technical term because technical terms is not my strong suit.

Anyway it's completely explainable and not a mysteeeeerious sense. In the end it uses nerves to connect to the brain like all the rest.

edit: Vestibular system! Hah.

I didn't remember it I looked up my notes. :oops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestibular_system

I'm really goddam embarrassed actually because I found this fascinating when I learnt it but I've forgotten all the terms and only know how it works.

Basically up down head motions is measured by these tricky little cells on "plates" in your ear that are affected by gravity and thus fire off (or don't fire off) nerve impulses depending on how you move it. (Freefall sickness experienced by astronaughts is due to, you know, no sense of up or down head movement anymore cos no gravity! :D

Left right (circular stuff) is by fluid moving around horizontally through the circular tubes, it passes a little sensory hair cell that fires when its moving one way and doesn't when it's going the other.

Now you might think wait how can it measure not firing? Simple the nerves are checked by the other ear. Because of the way the fluid moves the other one will be firing if one isn't, so it works by a sequence of feedback cancelling, and when it doesn't cancel, the brain interprets a movement.
    Incidentally if you cripple one of the vestibular systems in one ear completely, like total trauma and loss of function, you can feel like you are spinning all the time.

Oh and this stuff is connected to the eyes, we use the vestibular system to know where the eye has to go when moving the head and looking at someting. Man I'd dig into my notes proper but I got no time right now, the wiki should have most stuff I think (I haven't checked).

Very fascinating and fully explainable system. No spooky here, move along.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I have a psychic power.

What is it?

confirmation bias

I knew you would say that.

Spooky.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Balance is caused by your inner ear. I forget the technical term because technical terms is not my strong suit.

Anyway it's completely explainable and not a mysteeeeerious sense. In the end it uses nerves to connect to the brain like all the rest.

edit: Vestibular system! Hah.

I didn't remember it I looked up my notes. :oops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vestibular_system

I'm really goddam embarrassed actually because I found this fascinating when I learnt it but I've forgotten all the terms and only know how it works.

Basically up down head motions is measured by these tricky little cells on "plates" in your ear that are affected by gravity and thus fire off (or don't fire off) nerve impulses depending on how you move it. (Freefall sickness experienced by astronaughts is due to, you know, no sense of up or down head movement anymore cos no gravity! :D

Left right (circular stuff) is by fluid moving around horizontally through the circular tubes, it passes a little sensory hair cell that fires when its moving one way and doesn't when it's going the other.

Now you might think wait how can it measure not firing? Simple the nerves are checked by the other ear. Because of the way the fluid moves the other one will be firing if one isn't, so it works by a sequence of feedback cancelling, and when it doesn't cancel, the brain interprets a movement.
    Incidentally if you cripple one of the vestibular systems in one ear completely, like total trauma and loss of function, you can feel like you are spinning all the time.

Oh and this stuff is connected to the eyes, we use the vestibular system to know where the eye has to go when moving the head and looking at someting. Man I'd dig into my notes proper but I got no time right now, the wiki should have most stuff I think (I haven't checked).

Very fascinating and fully explainable system. No spooky here, move along.

I wasn't claiming balance to be spooky, just that some entirely natural things might be considered to be outside the realm of the traditional five senses. From what you say balance certainly sounds different enough from hearing to be considered a seperate sense. Just because it largely rests in the same organ as hearing doesn't mean it's the same sense. The fact that taste also needs touch doesn't mean we don't consider them discrete. I would also argue that touch, as defined by Daedalus, is very broad and lumps together a bunch of stuff that could, quite logically, be considered discrete phenomena.

I have zero belief in psychic phenomena, btw. Except the raw, primal and supernatural power of my sexiness.

Bogart on
  • Options
    An-DAn-D Enthusiast AshevilleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Another thing the dude talked about while we were arguing (this time about the telekinesis thing), was that there is a guy that can push you and put a ton of energy into it, and knock you down. I thought I knew what he was talking about and thought I remembered a reporter allowing the attack to be done to him on television...and it did nothing. Dude is all: "Yeah, because he didn't believe in it." (or something along those lines) and went on to talk about how he's able to put energy into things he does to make it hurt or feel good (massages etc).

I can't find the youtube video where the push-attack thing is done to the reporter, but it was hilariously ridiculous. I hope you all know what I'm talking about. Would you all call that a paranormal skill? Martial artists can do some pretty crazy things...

An-D on
  • Options
    GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    An-D wrote: »
    I remembered a reporter allowing the attack to be done to him on television...and it did nothing. Dude is all: "Yeah, because he didn't believe in it."

If only that worked with Radon.

EDIT: (The not believing so it doesn't work part)

Gigaton on