As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My only regret is having nothing to be regretful about

2»

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Personal regrets aside, I hope that my parents regret not getting me into some sort of tae kwon do, muy thai, hapkido, etc. classes when I was a kid.

I will always blame my parents for me not being the next Bruce Lee. Damn them.

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I regret taking a "little time off" from college... it turned into about 6 years off. I'm now going back but damn, what a waste of 6 years.

11 years here. :|

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I just had a phone interview with microsoft and botched a very easy code question due to nerves.

INSTANT REGRET

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I regret taking a "little time off" from college... it turned into about 6 years off. I'm now going back but damn, what a waste of 6 years.

11 years here. :|

My four years don't sound so bad now!

But fuck is this thread depressing. Mainly because I nod my head to every single "I wish I was more social in high school/college". Damn man, it's the whole " if I knew then what I know now" shit.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I regret not getting braces when i was a teenager.

Fuck.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Demerdar wrote: »
    I regret not getting braces when i was a teenager.

Fuck.

Aw...

This'll be me in about a year.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i regret playing with knives

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I regret something that will probably haunt me the rest of my life.

On March 10th, 2007 I was having a nice lazy day about the apartment. Was watching TV, listening to the radio, cleaning a bit, surfin the tubes. It was nice, because I had the place all to myself as my girlfriend was at work and I had hung out with my younger brother nearly all day the day before.

I got a call around 6 o'clock. It was my brother and he asked if I wanted to hang out. I told him that I was just having a relaxing day alone before I had to go to work that night. He told me that it was cool, he didn't realize I had to work that night and he'd talk to me tomorrow.

So, I ended up watching more TV and taking a nap until work that night.

I decided to pop over and visit my parents when I got off work the next day at around noon. I was hanging out in the living roon talking to my mom and such when she got a phone call. My mom started screaming.

My brother had been found dead in a house that morning of a massive overdose of methadone.

Through the facts that had been gathered since his death, I found out that after I didn't hang out with him when he called, he hooked up with some of his friends when ended up introducing him to a kid who gave him the methadone that night.

If I had hung out with my brother instead of lounging about the apartment that night, he would likely still be alive.
    D:
    That's... horrible. I have a younger brother too, and just trying to imagine something like that happening... there are no words. Just shock and horror.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I regret not being there for my best friend while I was away at college, basically ignoring her so i could have my own fun. She ended up having a huge drug problem after getting date-raped at a party and wasn't able to talk to me about it. We'd been best friends for over 12 years and I wasn't there for her, resulting in a bout of depression and aversion to men that she is just now getting over, 3 years later. It's a miracle that she still loves me enough to want to be with me, after I did that to her.

I regret failing out of college and losing my full ride, resulting in moving back in with my parents and subsequently enlisting in the Army. I don't regret enlisting, but I do regret my actions that led to that decision.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Richy wrote: »
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I regret something that will probably haunt me the rest of my life.

On March 10th, 2007 I was having a nice lazy day about the apartment. Was watching TV, listening to the radio, cleaning a bit, surfin the tubes. It was nice, because I had the place all to myself as my girlfriend was at work and I had hung out with my younger brother nearly all day the day before.

I got a call around 6 o'clock. It was my brother and he asked if I wanted to hang out. I told him that I was just having a relaxing day alone before I had to go to work that night. He told me that it was cool, he didn't realize I had to work that night and he'd talk to me tomorrow.

So, I ended up watching more TV and taking a nap until work that night.

I decided to pop over and visit my parents when I got off work the next day at around noon. I was hanging out in the living roon talking to my mom and such when she got a phone call. My mom started screaming.

My brother had been found dead in a house that morning of a massive overdose of methadone.

Through the facts that had been gathered since his death, I found out that after I didn't hang out with him when he called, he hooked up with some of his friends when ended up introducing him to a kid who gave him the methadone that night.

If I had hung out with my brother instead of lounging about the apartment that night, he would likely still be alive.
    D:
    That's... horrible. I have a younger brother too, and just trying to imagine something like that happening... there are no words. Just shock and horror.

That is probably one of my worst nightmares come to life. I'm really sorry you had to go through that, Spectre D:

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    It gets easier as time goes on, but I'll probably never be able to push that regret away.

My previous regrets (I used to hate myself for dropping out of school, both Highschool and College) were nothing compared to what I have now.

My best advice is to just be good friends with your siblings. My brother and I had a rocky relationship for most of our lives and we had just begun patching things up with this happened.

You may not get along with them right now, but you'll miss them like hell when they're gone.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg