Options

Game On$ Fable II: Revenge of the Crunchy Chicks

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hey what time and how much do you have to donate at the temple of light to get the harvest gift?

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2008
    mid day, and I would dump a whole lot in there.

Tube on
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think it's around noon to one, and ten thousand did the trick for me if I recall correctly

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How does income when you aren't playing work? Am I a dunce because I've got a ton of property yet when I turn the game on again the next day I have the same amount of money I had the night before.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    this is a really obvious stupid question but are you sure you're renting out your property and not 'living' in it?

someone mentioned this problem before, it might just be a bug

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    you also might not have a tennant yet.

Grath on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah I'm definitely renting it all out. I'm getting around 6000 monies for it when I am playing it's just when I'm not that the rent doesn't get paid.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i love running around being called King

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Mathilda wrote: »
    Flies is evil. Corrupt is just horns and really bad skin.
    Nope. My full good character was also fully corrupt and had a tiny swarm of flies following him everywhere.

Full evil and corrupt is horns and cracked skin and red eyes.

Huh.

I'm one hundred percent corrupt I'm pretty sure and I don't have any flies. So how does your fully corrupt character look? Mine had cracked skin and horns while pure neutral.

Yeah, it makes a lot more sense for Corrupt to equal flies and evil to equal horns when you think about it, Tube.

Once i'd dragged my purity to about -50% corrupt the flies went away anyway. It's kind of a shame, I wouldn't mind playing a corrupt character if it made me hideous in some other way like gamy pustules on my skin and a hunch or something but flies just irritate the hell out of me. Don't design avatar changes that irritate the player, that's just silly Lionhead.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    hey what time and how much do you have to donate at the temple of light to get the harvest gift?

Between 12 noon and 1pm and has to be at least 10,000 gold. Not sure if you can do it in discrete increments to take maximum advantage of the purity points (you only get 75 purity per donation above 5,000 or something, so for 10k donation you still only get 75 purity. The optimum donation is 1,000 gold for 25 purity - compare 5 donations of 1,000 gold each for a total of 125 purity for 5,000 gold to one donation of 5,000 gold for only 75 purity). It's a pretty short window anyway, so if you really want the gift without wasting loads of money trying to make enough small donations in the short period of time, just pony up 10,000 gold in one go.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    10,000 gold aint no thang

im like the dollar menu millionaire of albion

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm pretty skint right now, but I spent last night pouring money into expanding my real-estate monopoly in Bowerstone and the Gypsy camp so hopefully when I log in tonight I'll be all thaler thaler coin y'all.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    im pretty sure i own every piece of property you can buy

even the temple of light

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Flies is evil. Corrupt is just horns and really bad skin.
    Nope. My full good character was also fully corrupt and had a tiny swarm of flies following him everywhere.

Full evil and corrupt is horns and cracked skin and red eyes.

Huh.

I'm one hundred percent corrupt I'm pretty sure and I don't have any flies. So how does your fully corrupt character look? Mine had cracked skin and horns while pure neutral.

Yeah, it makes a lot more sense for Corrupt to equal flies and evil to equal horns when you think about it, Tube.

Once i'd dragged my purity to about -50% corrupt the flies went away anyway. It's kind of a shame, I wouldn't mind playing a corrupt character if it made me hideous in some other way like gamy pustules on my skin and a hunch or something but flies just irritate the hell out of me. Don't design avatar changes that irritate the player, that's just silly Lionhead.

horns is corrupt. I just went 100% pure to check

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That is the dumbest shit. Trading this shit in for FIFA 08

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    what nefarious deeds did you do to reach 100%?

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

You can make everyone's rent free/extortionate and it will change all the way over in literally 20 minutes

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

You can make everyone's rent free/extortionate and it will change all the way over in literally 20 minutes

Uh, Tube, rent levels affect corruption/purity, not evil/good...

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i didnt realize it would go that fast

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

horns is corrupt. I just went 100% pure to check

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

right, that's what I thought he was talking about

uh for evil I guess I killed some people? they kicked my dog

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    oh and mostly sacrifices

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    i didnt realize it would go that fast

yeah it's ridiculous

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    you understood correctly Tube

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    how fun is the wheel o' sacrifice?

i havent gotten to try it yet?

is it lame like when you sacrificed somebody in Fable1 and the people just floated away?

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, right. I'm confusing you with me or...something

Man, I need to go home.

Um, ok but I was 100% corrupt from maxing out rent and about 80% good and I had flies.

So I guess we have different games or something.

Hang on, I'm going to get the internet to weigh in on this.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Ok, the internet is fucking useless. The guides all mention getting Horns from being evil not corrupt but no word on how the flies appear. I'll check my guide book when I get home, I guess.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    you get horns from being corrupt, not evil. maybe they go away if you are also good but if you are evil and pure, no horns.

Tube on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was all evil and had a perfect balance of pure/corrupt and I had horns.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    well I have no fucking idea then. I was pure neutral and corrupt and had horns, now I'm pure evil and no horns.

Maybe it's because I'm playing a chick?

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I'm still 100% evil and I'm gonna go reduce all the rents and try to get purer and see what happens.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    well I have no fucking idea then. I was pure neutral and corrupt and had horns, now I'm pure evil and no horns.

Maybe it's because I'm playing a chick?

Think carefully. Are you sure you don't just have pig tails?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    are glowing red eyes a sign of being evil or corrupt? because my 100% pure/good dude had them after (wraithmarsh/reaver/bloodstone spoilers)
    i went into the cave and had my youth sapped

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    are glowing red eyes a sign of being evil or corrupt? because my 100% pure/good dude had them after (wraithmarsh/reaver/bloodstone spoilers)

it's part of what they do to you there. it wears off, eventually

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

ah, alright. also, endgame spoilers
    I chose to bring back the people who died building the spire and immediately regretted it, should've gotten my dog back. though if there had been a fourth option to just be able to kill reaver I would've been sorely fucking tempted

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I chose to bring back the people who died building the spire and immediately regretted it, should've gotten my dog back. though if there had been a fourth option to just be able to kill reaver I would've been sorely fucking tempted
    I feel like there should have been an option to stand in front of Barnum and take the bullet, maybe lose a skill or be speed-crippled or lose more XP or something... I didn't want to just stand there and watch.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    MathildaMathilda Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Perrsun wrote: »

I feel like there should have been an option to stand in front of Barnum and take the bullet, maybe lose a skill or be speed-crippled or lose more XP or something... I didn't want to just stand there and watch.
    The better option would be one that allows us an opportunity to disarm Reaver.

Mathilda on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    OK, so now my character is all evil, 75% pure, and I don't have horns anymore, so it looks like I was wrong?. I still have pasty white skin, looks like my fingers are a little bit clawlike, and red slitted eyes. My skin is also no longer cracked.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    ShankusuShankusu __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    You guys have to understand that it isn't just "corrupt = horns, evil = eyes". All the changes are based on combinations. Good and corrupt? Flies. Evil and pure? Smooth disposition, colored eyes. Evil and neutral? Nubby horns. Evil and corrupt? Cracked skin, big ol' horns. And so on.

Shankusu on
  • Options
    WangsaurusWangsaurus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Perrsun wrote: »

The better option would be one that allows us an opportunity to disarm Reaver.

I swear I was inches shy of killing that son of a bitch. Mind you I chose to cleans Oakvale for the temple of shadows. But seeing Barnum killed for no reason actually filled me with rage. Also supposedly there's a way to get a "spectral" dog. Not sure how though.

Wangsaurus on
    Frag them first, and let the Respawn sort them out.