As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem activating Episode 2

Dragon_BloodedDragon_Blooded Registered User new member
edited October 2008 in Penny Arcade Games
Hi everyone. I bought Episode 2 yesterday and got the following error screen wehn I tried to unlock the game to its full version:

ep2errorscreenhr7.th.jpg

I tried emailing customer support, but over 24h have passed and I still have not been contacted by them (and I would really like to play Ep 2 this weekend), so I'm posting my problem here to see if anyone else has it.

I searched the forum a little before posting this, and found out that some people with non-English versions of Windows (my case, mine is in Brazilian Portuguese) had a similar issue with Ep 1. Could it be the same unicode problem?

Eduardo Penna

Dragon_Blooded on

• Options
    HH JoelHH Joel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    This is a known issue and will be addressed in the first update, expected to be released in the next few days.

Joel

HH Joel on
  • Options
    Dragon_BloodedDragon_Blooded Registered User new member
    edited October 2008
    So, no hope at all of me playing Ep 2 this weekend, eh? Also, if this is the same unicode issue that prevented users of non-English versions of Windows from activating Ep 1, how the heck you guys let the same thing happen on Ep 2?

Eduardo Penna

Dragon_Blooded on
  • Options
    HH VladHH Vlad Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Embarrassing but true. The only explanation (but not an excuse) is the guys have been going full-tilt for pretty much two years and a bad code merge between EP1 to EP2 code-base (which was cleaned up a ton) is probably the culprit. We will be ensuring this test is part of our QA process going forwards. Fix incoming.

This workaround may help until it arrives:

http://forum.playgreenhouse.com/jforum/posts/list/1011.page

HH Vlad on