As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where in [chat] is Carmen Sandiego?

• Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    His religion doesn't allow him to wear flag pins. Isn't he a Christian?

Haha no, of course not, he's just pretending, you see. He's really a Muslim, and they can't wear flag pins! Ignore every instance where he has. I pointed out that McCain hasn't worn a flag pin in any of the pictures or video I've seen him in, but that's okay because McCan's patriotism is secured. Obama's patriotism is suspect, so he has to raise his patriotism skill artificially with the Flag Pin accessory.

Well McCain doesn't wear a pin because he's a good Christian. Obama wears them because he's a bad Muslim, and since good Muslims are evil, bad Muslims must be twice as evil, right?

The fact that your doctor is concerned with Obama's religion (or lack thereof) indicates that he himself is religious, which means that a rational argument won't work on him, because if rational arguments worked on religious people, there'd be no religious people.

In light of this, religious people shouldn't vote. Obviously calling them irrational would be offensive. A justification of less subjectivity and more immediate relevance would be that if they worship a higher power, then that means that their first loyalty is to that power, as opposed to the country.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    what the fuck low key

you haven't been 'round since there were vacuum tubes in radios

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Is that a Beatles song, Elendil?

It's either a quote from silence of the lambs, or from a song by Greens Keepers based on the aforementioned movie.

Cinders on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    You get ten free punches? Who do you punch?

Right now I'd say five of them go to Sean Hannity's nuts, and one knockout punch to Christian Bale for uh...certain purposes. The rest I'm undecided on.

Don't forget Johnny Depp.

It's cool I brought the roofies for him

Fun tip I picked up from a girl I know. Don't roofie someone's regular, not-alcohol lemonade, they will figure it out to quick!

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh crap, I'm considering doing something for Nanowrimo.

Someone stop me.

Every damn year I say I'm gonna do something for Nanowrimo and every damn year I don't have an idea that I like well enough.

Do it.

But I've spent the last week and a bit writing 10,000 words for 4 papers. I wanted to rest, not get an itch to write 50,000 more. Grarrrgh.

Hmm. Story ideas.

DO IT.

Story ideas? What kind of story? What about a story about a detective who is a single father, and somebody bombs his house while his daughter is inside and so his life turns to shit and he quits his job and turns into a bum but then by happenstance he discovers a lead, and he goes after 'em and maybe you can work a brothel in there somewhere.
    Everyone's favorite hardboiled detective, Willie Johnson, private dick.

Elendil on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

Right now I'd say five of them go to Sean Hannity's nuts, and one knockout punch to Christian Bale for uh...certain purposes. The rest I'm undecided on.

Fun tip I picked up from a girl I know. Don't roofie someone's regular, not-alcohol lemonade, they will figure it out to quick!

Silly question, but what is a roofie?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    His religion doesn't allow him to wear flag pins. Isn't he a Christian?

Haha no, of course not, he's just pretending, you see. He's really a Muslim, and they can't wear flag pins! Ignore every instance where he has. I pointed out that McCain hasn't worn a flag pin in any of the pictures or video I've seen him in, but that's okay because McCan's patriotism is secured. Obama's patriotism is suspect, so he has to raise his patriotism skill artificially with the Flag Pin accessory.

Well McCain doesn't wear a pin because he's a good Christian. Obama wears them because he's a bad Muslim, and since good Muslims are evil, bad Muslims must be twice as evil, right?

The fact that your doctor is concerned with Obama's religion (or lack thereof) indicates that he himself is religious, which means that a rational argument won't work on him, because if rational arguments worked on religious people, there'd be no religious people.

In light of this, religious people shouldn't vote. Obviously calling them irrational would be offensive. A justification of less subjectivity and more immediate relevance would be that if they worship a higher power, then that means that their first loyalty is to that power, as opposed to the country.
    Quick, someone post that picture of the car with, among others, a sticker reading "Obama's middle name is HUSSEIN!"

I was kidding, Cinders, I know. Well, not about the Green Keepers.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Low KeyLow Key Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    what the fuck low key

you haven't been 'round since there were vacuum tubes in radios

I've been campaigning. But I'm pretty confident we're gonna have the numbers come Tuesday, so I'm taking some time to sit back, read to the kids, and browse the forums before I become elected President of the United States. Insha'allah.

Low Key on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

rape drug.

Cinders on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Elendil wrote: »

Someone stop me.

Every damn year I say I'm gonna do something for Nanowrimo and every damn year I don't have an idea that I like well enough.

Do it.

But I've spent the last week and a bit writing 10,000 words for 4 papers. I wanted to rest, not get an itch to write 50,000 more. Grarrrgh.

Hmm. Story ideas.

DO IT.

Story ideas? What kind of story? What about a story about a detective who is a single father, and somebody bombs his house while his daughter is inside and so his life turns to shit and he quits his job and turns into a bum but then by happenstance he discovers a lead, and he goes after 'em and maybe you can work a brothel in there somewhere.

No this is serious. You need to give him a cool name, like Michael Shields, or Daniel Michaels.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I was kidding, Cinders, I know. Well, not about the Green Keepers.

It's a good song.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Someone stop me.

Do it.

Hmm. Story ideas.

DO IT.

No this is serious. You need to give him a cool name, like Michael Shields, or Daniel Michaels.
    Peter Enis

Elendil on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    THIS IS SERIOUS, ELENDIL.

HIS DAUGHTER IS DEAD.

And he's drinking wine-in-a-box because he can't afford nothin' better!

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Cinders wrote: »

rape drug.

Rophynol.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dixon Butz

Elendil on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Scribble scribble.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm gonna have to set the Foreign Aid thread on fire.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    Manning'sEquationManning'sEquation Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

I am reading it right now. I am on page 2... does it get any better or should I stop?

Manning'sEquation on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I would participate in these debate threads instead of just reading them and shaking and nodding my head at regular intervals and scribbling notes about various forumers in my notebook of notes about various forumers if you guys were nicer. :|

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    THIS IS SERIOUS, ELENDIL.

HIS DAUGHTER IS DEAD.

And he's drinking wine-in-a-box because he can't afford nothin' better!

Does he have a female co-worker love interest who is attempting to pull him out of his spiral of self destruction?

Cinders on
  • Options
    Low KeyLow Key Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Pacify it, civilize it and colonise it. It's the only humane thing to do.

Low Key on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Well guys, I think I voted the wrong way. I had thought that Obama was the way to go based on reading his platform and comparing it against the way real-life works, but it turns out McCain is obviously better because the commercials he paid for say so. Now I feel like a stupid.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Low Key wrote: »

Pave over it and paint parking strips. It's the only humane thing to do.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

They paved paradise and put in a parking lot. :whistle:

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I am reading it right now. I am on page 2... does it get any better or should I stop?

Well I make a good point about how the subprime debacle isn't the fault of borrowers, but of predatory lenders on page 3 (related because Detharin asserted that the private sector should be in charge of aid usage), but there are a number of insipid comments all over the place, including a suggestion about using PMCs, and how we should remove the dictators if only those hippies wouldn't block traffic over another war, goshdarnit, GET OFF MY LAWN!

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

They paved paradise and put in a parking lot. :whistle:
    I fucking hate that fucking song

Elendil on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I just called a girl to ask her if she wanted to go get some coffee and I had to leave her a voicemail and everything I said came out all stuttery and retarded.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Well I make a good point about how the subprime debacle isn't the fault of borrowers, but of predatory lenders on page 3 (related because Detharin asserted that the private sector should be in charge of aid usage), but there are a number of insipid comments all over the place, including a suggestion about using PMCs, and how we should remove the dictators if only those hippies wouldn't block traffic over another war, goshdarnit, GET OFF MY LAWN!

That thread was a minefield to begin with. Just like most LDCs. Oh ho ho ho

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    So I just called a girl to ask her if she wanted to go get some coffee and I had to leave her a voicemail and everything I said came out all stuttery and retarded.
    If only you had my cool charm with the ladies

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I thought that exact thing when I hung up! If only I were Elendil.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Holy god, Zimmydoom has made me realize exactly how stupid unknownsome has been in the Sarah Palin thread. I can see the incongruities of what he's said infinitely refracting in a prism of crystallized stupidity.

I get it.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That was really, really, really good sauce.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

wait wait wait

what universe is this chat in!!!??!!

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited November 2008

wait wait wait

Transsexual, Transylvania

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited November 2008

wait wait wait

The best damn universe in town

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

wait wait wait

I hate Rocky Horror.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

wait wait wait

I hate Rocky Horror.

Terrorist.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Murlocs are a pain in the ass.

James on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »
    Man, you haven't dealt with these stunties in their fucking cave on their fucking ships. Fuckers are everywhere.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »

Oh don't even get me fucking started. I sometimes go back to Westfall just to AoE kill Murlocs for no reason.

Alecthar on
This discussion has been closed.