As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nobody steps on a [chat] in my town!

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Cinders wrote: »
    who the hell is mckinney?

EDIT: well put zimmy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_McKinney

well that was a vote well cast

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »
    In fallout 3 can you be like Vash Stampede and accidently cause destruction wherever you go?

Not by accident. I mean I guess you could get in a gun fight and blow up a bunch of nuclear-powered cars by accident, but they're usually outside of population centers.

Can you shoot to not kill, just incapicitate? Or get the guys to kill themselves in hilarious ways?

Well you can cripple them by shooting their limbs but it's not always a sure thing and you might end up killing them in the process. There's nothing you can do to get them to kill themselves. Well...one time a Raider somehow fell into the river. She would have died of radiation sickness in a few hours if I had left her there.
    Passerbye wrote: »
    In fallout 3 can you be like Vash Stampede and accidently cause destruction wherever you go?

Not by accident. I mean I guess you could get in a gun fight and blow up a bunch of nuclear-powered cars by accident, but they're usually outside of population centers.

Nuclear-powered cars? That sounds pretty cool.

Also, is it just me, or do I remember seeing a game-play video where the main character was riding a horse or some other four-legged creature?

Yeah the cars are nuclear powered and they will go up in a huge cloud, probably two stories high, if you shoot at one long enough. The explosion will force debris at you and you can get hurt even if you're not in the range of the blast.

I don't remember there being any mounts.
    I like being good because every so often someone in Megaton will stop me and give me stuff.

Is there any plot-relative benefit to being good? Ш фь щр ыршеюююю

I don't know yet. Your karma will determine how certain groups will look at you, but I don't know how it affects the end-game. I haven't gotten that far.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    so i'm really digging fallout 3.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    helpmers1.jpg

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    so i'm really digging fallout 3.

It's really fantastic, despite how buggy the PC version is.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah the cars are nuclear powered and they will go up in a huge cloud, probably two stories high, if you shoot at one long enough. The explosion will force debris at you and you can get hurt even if you're not in the range of the blast.

Intriguing. I will have to practice sneaking up on groups and shooting the cars to thin the crowd before charging in. :)

Passerbye on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    helpmers1.jpg

View --> Character Encoding --> Western (ISO-8859-1)

James on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    James wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    So, an undecided voter is asking for voting advice, and thinks Obama is crazy because he went to a "crazy church that hates white people." My initial thought was that hating someone is practically a requirement for a church but I don't think that will work.

Thoughts?

Remind them that there are more than two options. :P

I think she wants it to be a real vote.

Remind her that there is a high chance McCain will die soon, which could leave Palin as president, which would be a gigantic step backwards for woman's rights, if she votes McCain.

edit: I mean, yay, a woman as president. But her ideas are fucking nuts.

If not for this, she would not even consider voting for McCain.

As in, she wants Palin to be President. I think she may be a self-hating misogynist.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Intriguing. I will have to practice sneaking up on groups and shooting the cars to thin the crowd before charging in. :)

To be honest I'm not sure if it's worth the ammunition. For all the ammunition you use you could headshot a few enemy targets instead. I've never tried it myself before. Usually the enemy will be the one who is setting cars off. It makes combat pretty nerve-wracking when there are tiny nuclear explosions going off all around you because someone can't aim.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    helpmers1.jpg

No help. I had to type this out in Word and copy paste it here.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    James, the PA crowd on Icecrown is mostly Alliance, right? (You play WoW, right?)

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008

To be honest I'm not sure if it's worth the ammunition. For all the ammunition you use you could headshot a few enemy targets instead. I've never tried it myself before. Usually the enemy will be the one who is setting cars off. It makes combat pretty nerve-wracking when there are tiny nuclear explosions going off all around you because someone can't aim.

Wait, how common are these nukes-on-wheels?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Palin went to a crazy church that hates everyone though.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

That reminds me, I need to watch Trigun again.

Have you read the manga?

I have two of the volumes, but not the whole series, I should get around into finishing the manga one day.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So, an undecided voter is asking for voting advice, and thinks Obama is crazy because he went to a "crazy church that hates white people." My initial thought was that hating someone is practically a requirement for a church but I don't think that will work.

Thoughts?

Remind her that there is a high chance McCain will die soon, which could leave Palin as president, which would be a gigantic step backwards for woman's rights, if she votes McCain.

As in, she wants Palin to be President. I think she may be a self-hating misogynist.

So she wants a self-hating female who is a fundamentalist "Christian" and also racist and dumb to be President?

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I was just going to ignore the political talk, but god damn. Why don't you just kill her?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    James, the PA crowd on Icecrown is mostly Alliance, right? (You play WoW, right?)

Yes.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

It's a dead city, where all cars are mini-nukes

Also, all I had to do was restart Firefox.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »

That reminds me, I need to watch Trigun again.

Have you read the manga?

I have two of the volumes, but not the whole series, I should get around into finishing the manga one day.

It's better than the anime. :^:

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

The city is full of them. They're just burnt-out hulks, but all of them are nuclear-powered. Basically vehicles that were abandoned where they sat when the nukes came down. They're less common in the Wastes.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    please tell me you're not in a swing state passerbye

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    helpmers1.jpg

No help. I had to type this out in Word and copy paste it here.

Try:

Tools --> Options --> Content Tab --> Language Section --> Choose

Alternatively reboot Firefox.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

So I take it she's not very politically or even intelligently prone? That's probably a rude and unfair assessment.

She wants someone who doesn't seem like they belong in Washington. One of us.

???

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

She's in Seattle IIRC.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Olympia, WA. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I would be a better President than McCain or Palin and I don't know shit about America.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    The city is full of them. They're just burnt-out hulks, but all of them are nuclear-powered. Basically vehicles that were abandoned where they sat when the nukes came down. They're less common in the Wastes.

Good to know. The Raiders and giant crab monsters looked hard enough without also having to worry about mini-nukes.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

What's wrong with being in a swing state? I live in Ohio. Also, I'm undecided, I'm waiting to hear all their arguments before I make up my mind. And honestly, right now, I'm learning towards voting for a third party.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008

Yes.

Darn.

Oh well.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Thoughts?

So she wants a self-hating female who is a fundamentalist "Christian" and also racist and dumb to be President?

She did. I just checked again and now she doesn't.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Totally going to McCain.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I would be a better President than McCain or Palin and I don't know shit about America.

You're half right.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Seriously, people underestimate palin's crazy. If you want to talk about crazy churches, how about when she had witches cast out of her? Also, I believe there's film of her nodding in agreement while the pastor was talking about the 'end times being around the corner'

do you really want a potential president that believes that jesus is going to fly down among the fire and brimstone and deliver the good to heaven? This would be our commander and chief should mccain kick the bucket.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Richy wrote: »

What's wrong with being in a swing state? I live in Ohio. Also, I'm undecided, I'm waiting to hear all their arguments before I make up my mind. And honestly, right now, I'm learning towards voting for a third party.

He probably blames third parties for Gore losing.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

You're half right.
    You mean James does know stuff about America?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2008

So I take it she's not very politically or even intelligently prone? That's probably a rude and unfair assessment.

She wants someone who doesn't seem like they belong in Washington. One of us.

???

"She's, like, a real person."

I think she's realized that doesn't make sense, per my previous post.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008

*cries*

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

You lumberjacking liar.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Yes.

Darn.

Oh well.

Convert or die!!

James on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Voting for a third party is throwing away your vote.

If you actually wanted a third party person to win you ought to have been campaigning and promoting the crap out of them far earlier in the election cycle, not that that would have made a difference...but at this stage it's definitely a worthless gesture.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.