As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Zombies invade Mayberry - Village Victory!

1555657585961»

• Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So I'm guessing being infected didn't count as an attack?

Oh and Silvio you had asked who attacked you in the thread. Ummm braaaiinnnss :)

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I figured LaOs was evil when he didn't scream "Auuugh, who keeps attacking me?" the 2 nights I attacked him, like everyone else who was injured had been doing.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I figured LaOs was evil when he didn't scream "Auuugh, who keeps attacking me?" the 2 nights I attacked him, like everyone else who was injured had been doing.

that's dumb, I certainly wouldn't announce if I was attacked to everyone and I...

oh wait...

Doxa on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I tried to hit FunkyWaltDogg in the face with my machete once or twice.

Just for fun.

I didn't have a role, but I was going to play-act as a serial killer.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    LaOs, I find it funny that I only attacked you while I was a zombie.

I don't know that any of your attacks registered on me... I didn't get hurt until after you were DeAnimated, I think. I thought you might enjoy being the first Zombie, though. :P

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Doxa wrote: »
    WOOH! I was RIGHT! Fuck you LaOs, you infected the wrong person.

Anyways, the military special forces team were me, enlightenedbum, and visiblehowl. Visiblehowl had zombie immunity, enlightenedbum had an even day vig, and I had a one time use bomb. We were considered bad guys as we were suppose to kill everyone so the notion we were good was incorrect

When visiblehowl died we decided our first priority was to take out the other bad guys because they could take us out pretty quickly so we were targetting who we thought were doing the infecting. I got enlightenedbum's gun when he died and finished the order for the night. The next night I got infected and decided that everyone else who was doing a lot of posting were getting infected except for LaOs and decided to shoot him as my last request.

In the end we helped the village more than hurt it.

we communicated in PMs, if anyone wants I can post the important ones for you.

You were obviously going to shoot me anyway :P

The problem for me was that I could only target people that had quoted me during that game day. Day 5 I could start using the Doll on both Odd and Even nights and still Zombify someone on Odd nights. The trouble was getting two different people to quote me who were also in my location while we were separated. So yeah, unfortunately I ended up targetting the active posters, which I would have rather not had to do.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    So I'm guessing being infected didn't count as an attack?

Oh and Silvio you had asked who attacked you in the thread. Ummm braaaiinnnss :)

Apparently not. God it was fun Infecting people in the early days... no one had a clue why it was happening. :D

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I did mention when I was attacked. I really don't think your attacks went through/affected me. Maybe because I was the one that Zombified you?

LaOs on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Infections took one day before turning into a complete infection where the person could not speak coherently. I had intended on introducing more mechanisms to save people but it would have prolonged things quite a deal.

When you guys voted for damage or healing, if healing would have one the group would have discovered a method to save the infected.

Laos is correct. He received some pretty hefty bonuses when facing his own zombies.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Oh, and super Kudos to FunkyWaltDogg, my amazing killing machine accomplice. I think it was Day 4 or 5 he contacted me, let me know he knew I was evil, but also told me he was that evil Howl on Night 1. After we hooked up, I used the Doll on a target and he would attack that target, pretty much ensuring death for the target. I completely forgot that my Doll had a chance of outright killing anyway. Anyway, thanks FWD for the good times!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    LaOs wrote: »
    Oh, and super Kudos to FunkyWaltDogg, my amazing killing machine accomplice. I think it was Day 4 or 5 he contacted me, let me know he knew I was evil, but also told me he was that evil Howl on Night 1. After we hooked up, I used the Doll on a target and he would attack that target, pretty much ensuring death for the target. I completely forgot that my Doll had a chance of outright killing anyway. Anyway, thanks FWD for the good times!

You guys were definitely overkilling. Although FWD had no idea how much his attacks were doing regularly they were at least half HP and RNG half of the targets HP through up to two points over their max HP.

I'm just amazed he tried to take you out on the first night.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008

You guys were definitely overkilling. Although FWD had no idea how much his attacks were doing regularly they were at least half HP and RNG half of the targets HP through up to two points over their max HP.

I'm just amazed he tried to take you out on the first night.

Because we had no idea, and I had completely forgotten that I had a chance to outright kill with the Doll (thought it was actually a 50% fail chance to do half HP--whoops!), we went for what we figured would be a combination for a certain kill instead.

[Edit]
    And yeah, that was a bit of something him targetting me Day 1, eh?

LaOs on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Ugh, as you probably know by now, I wasn't bluffing!!!!! I had a freaking gun with bullets that auto-attacked whenever I got attacked and I could headshot anyone I wanted at any time and AGH!!! Besides being nigh invincible from that, when we got to the hotel I was getting the use of my grenade and was going to be even more powerful!!!

Ugh too lazy to read through all the roles but who killed me? I am grudging you so hard.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    kime wrote: »
    Ugh, as you probably know by now, I wasn't bluffing!!!!! I had a freaking gun with bullets that auto-attacked whenever I got attacked and I could headshot anyone I wanted at any time and AGH!!! Besides being nigh invincible from that, when we got to the hotel I was getting the use of my grenade and was going to be even more powerful!!!

Ugh too lazy to read through all the roles but who killed me? I am grudging you so hard.

Yeah self guards didn't seem to work well :(

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That's funny. FWD actually was evil?

Drez on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That night DUE sent me a message, "You got attacked by the one thing that can beat your role."

Ugh, the one thing!

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That night DUE sent me a message, "You got attacked by the one thing that can beat your role."

Ugh, the one thing!

snipers?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Doxa and I were planning on killing LaOs night six but thought the game would be boring without the chatty bastard so changed it at the last minute.

Oops.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Doxa and I were planning on killing LaOs night six but thought the game would be boring without the chatty bastard so changed it at the last minute.

Oops.

Hah. Yay me! (?)

Also, my zombifying people wasn't really an attack, per se, so that's why I figure it didn't trigger any self-defense mechanisms.

[Edit]
    Oh yeah, kime was headshot'd, right? I half'd his health at least though, if I recall.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So was being the only chatty bitch, basically, who didn't mysteriously spout blood from his limbs the only thing that really made me suspicious? I mean, that turns out to be a big thing right there, but other than that??

LaOs on
  • Options
    adejaanadejaan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    LaOs, I targeted you for an attack too, but since you created the zombies, I guess that's why it didn't work. I wondered what was going on there...

adejaan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    adejaan wrote: »
    LaOs, I targeted you for an attack too, but since you created the zombies, I guess that's why it didn't work. I wondered what was going on there...

Yeah, I think you were one of mine. I didn't do all the converting/infecting though, as I could only do it on Odd days. And only to people who had quoted me that day.

LaOs on
  • Options
    MagicManMagicMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I just wanted to say that this was fairly entertaining to follow. Mad that I missed the sign up but what can you do?

MagicMan on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Drez wrote: »

Yeah I was, and it seems as though no one suspected me? Good times.

Even though we lost it was all worth it because I got to murder visiblehowl.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

I actually had a hunch you were evil. But not a strong one. I tried murdering you regardless of what you were, just for fun.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Ugh, the one thing!

enlightenedbum and I agreed you should be taken out. Besides, you were organizing the groups and we knew we would overpower your bluff. On top of all that you were way too cocky. That aside, if it makes you feel better I did say "this thread is so dead I regret killing Kime"

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Ugh, the one thing!

enlightenedbum and I agreed you should be taken out. Besides, you were organizing the groups and we knew we would overpower your bluff. On top of all that you were way too cocky. That aside, if it makes you feel better I did say "this thread is so dead I regret killing Kime"

Well. . . I'm glad you regretted it at least. . . :|

I was organizing groups :lol:, I didn't think it was possible to overpower me, and that was not a bluff! I was supposed to kill anyone who attacked me. Didn't know you had freaking high-caliber sniper rifles!

Out of curiosity, what would have happened had I managed to gain use of my grenade, after the hotel? What did it do?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    hell, it was that, or me bomb you.

Doxa on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    hell, it was that, or me bomb you.
    Could I have survived the bomb I wonder?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That doesn't seem like it would make sense, narratively. Unless you shot the bomber and prevented the bomb from going off all together.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    That doesn't seem like it would make sense, narratively. Unless you shot the bomber and prevented the bomb from going off all together.

well, technically its C4 so you would probably have been able to kill me before I planted it or whatever and survived

Doxa on
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Its sad that the entire game I wasn't attacked or targeted once :(

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    edited November 2008

Ugh, the one thing!

Well. . . I'm glad you regretted it at least. . . :|

I was organizing groups :lol:, I didn't think it was possible to overpower me, and that was not a bluff! I was supposed to kill anyone who attacked me. Didn't know you had freaking high-caliber sniper rifles!

Out of curiosity, what would have happened had I managed to gain use of my grenade, after the hotel? What did it do?

If you used it before then it would have ended up hurting you a bit too.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Oh, you were, but it was the last night and it didn't matter. I was using the Doll on you and FWD was attacking you. You were most definitely a dead man. :P

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    MagicPrime wrote: »

Oh, you were, but it was the last night and it didn't matter. I was using the Doll on you and FWD was attacking you. You were most definitely a dead man. :P
    Oh_Snap.png

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I was also nomming on you on the last night, but it didn't end up mattering.

Asiina on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Asiina wrote: »
    I was also nomming on you on the last night, but it didn't end up mattering.

I find that funny because my friends and I use the "nom nom nom" as a euphemism for oral sex.

MagicPrime on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Well sorry none of that happening either.

You really missed out.

Asiina on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

I actually had a hunch you were evil. But not a strong one. I tried murdering you regardless of what you were, just for fun.

I also did but couldn't come up with a way to make a case that made sense and I had just gotten the first two votes and hadn't been posting much. Think it would have looked desperate and sealed my fate. Instead I patiently waited for another bandwagon to start.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.