As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The GODDAMN YOU ROBERT KIRKMAN Fan Club

JordynJordyn Really, Commander?Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Graphic Violence
I love Invincible, as you guys may know.

I also love Walking Dead.

And goddamnit now look at me. I'm buying every damn thing Robert Kirkman has ever written.

Don't you hate that guy?

Don't you love that guy?

Don't you hate that you love that guy?

GODDAMN YOU ROBERT KIRKMAN.

thumbsupguy-1.jpg
JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
Jordyn on
«1

Posts

  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    I only read Invincible, because I'm poor

    but I think I will reread through the first ultimate collection before bead

    although I will probably just play my DS

    Garlic Bread on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    We had to buy Ant-man because the damn thing said Kirkman on it.

    And goddammit it was good, so we'll probably keep buying it.

    Oh, and I think we have to get Marvel Zombies too. I hardly read any Marvel, now I have to read about them being zombies just because of him.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    I'd love it if DC let him and Ottley (or was it Walker) do some Superman, like they want to.

    Garlic Bread on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yeah Kirkman is the best person ever.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guys I know a guy who knows where Kirkman lives.

    Let's go stalk him.

    Sars_Boy on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Robert Kirkman wrote a thing telling everyone to lay off Liefield because he's really Jack Kirby.

    WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    Bloods End on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Robert Kirkman wrote a thing telling everyone to lay off Liefield because he's really Jack Kirby.

    WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

    Yeah, that was........yeah......

    Sars_Boy on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Robert Kirkman wrote a thing telling everyone to lay off Liefield because he's really Jack Kirby.

    WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    I thought he was just fucking with us.

    robosagogo on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    NO TALKING ABOUT LIEFELD IN HERE.

    TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO READ KIRKMAN AND HOW YOU HATE HIM BECAUSE OF THAT AND THEN SHAKE YOUR FISTS ANGRILY, AS I DO.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Jordyn wrote:
    NO TALKING ABOUT LIEFELD IN HERE.

    TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO READ KIRKMAN AND HOW YOU HATE HIM BECAUSE OF THAT AND THEN SHAKE YOUR FISTS ANGRILY, AS I DO.

    I AM SHAKING THEM SO HARD

    SO HARD.

    WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

    Bloods End on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:
    Jordyn wrote:
    NO TALKING ABOUT LIEFELD IN HERE.

    TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU HAVE TO READ KIRKMAN AND HOW YOU HATE HIM BECAUSE OF THAT AND THEN SHAKE YOUR FISTS ANGRILY, AS I DO.

    I AM SHAKING THEM SO HARD

    SO HARD.

    WHY ARE WE SHOUTING

    BECAUSE ROBERT FUCKING KIRKMAN THAT'S WHY

    Sars_Boy on
  • BoutrosBoutros Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm a fan.

    Invincible is one of my favorite books, and I'm digging Ant-Man so far. I recently got The Walking Dead hardcover, and it is pretty good.

    His UXM is okay, but not the best the book has been.

    Never read Battle Pope or Marvel Zombies but I've been meaning to.

    Boutros on
  • Dollarsign42Dollarsign42 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    AHHHHHH I LOVE THE WALKING DEAD, AND INVINCIBLE IT'S AWESOME. SO FUCKING AWESOME!

    Dollarsign42 on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    This might be my favourite thread ever.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    You know, I'm really enjoying Invincible but I gotta say...

    His plots and characters are interesting and lovable (respectively) but I've certainly seen better written dialog.

    As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guys, I'm not all caught up on Walking Dead.

    But the end of that 4th trade, where Rick is yelling and he's like

    [spoiler:17ff9237fb]WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD![/spoiler:17ff9237fb]

    I was like "oh man."

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited October 2006
    walking dead is overrated and pretty fucking awful and also stupid and heavy-handed

    you're the walking dead

    really

    no shit

    I hadn't realized

    because holy fuck I am an idiot and no one understands your metaphors man you are so deep

    invincible is overrated but only by you douchebags in here

    it's a decent book

    ''pretty good''

    not god's fucking gift

    his ultimate x-men is pretty lame but I'm having fun with it

    uhm

    ant-man is great but it's really, really thick

    I love books like that

    marvel zombies was entertaining, but a big reason it sold was because of the covers

    I have a full run of Jubilee, his first work at Marvel, and god damnit one day he's going to sign the whole thing for me and scowl

    Whippy on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Whippy do you want to fight me?

    In an arena?

    Go easy man, my right shoulder is fucked up.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    What is so overrated about Invincible, Whippy?

    Rain on Jordyn's parade!

    As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    walking dead is overrated and pretty fucking awful and also stupid and heavy-handed

    you're the walking dead

    really

    no shit

    I hadn't realized

    because holy fuck I am an idiot and no one understands your metaphors man you are so deep

    invincible is overrated but only by you douchebags in here

    it's a decent book

    ''pretty good''

    not god's fucking gift

    his ultimate x-men is pretty lame but I'm having fun with it

    uhm

    ant-man is great but it's really, really thick

    I love books like that

    marvel zombies was entertaining, but a big reason it sold was because of the covers

    I have a full run of Jubilee, his first work at Marvel, and god damnit one day he's going to sign the whole thing for me and scowl

    Whippy is right on target as usual.

    Bloods End on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Invincible is the book I use to get other people who don't even read comics hooked on reading comics.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The thing about Invincible is that everyone likes it. It isn't many people's favorite book. But I don't know anyone who dislikes it.

    deadonthestreet on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So I shouldn't be excited to find out that Kirkman wrote a Jubilee series? Because I kinda like Jubilee, and Kirkman.

    I like Spider-man <3's Mary Jane too, so maybe it helps that my tastes occasionally venture into pre-adolescent girl territory?

    robosagogo on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Walking Dead is pretty good. I love me some black and white zombies.

    SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    His Ultimate X-Men run is shit. I like Marvel Zombies and Invincible, and I haven't read much of Walking Dead or Marvel Team-Up and I haven't even read Ant-Man because I don't have room in my budget for it (like I have a budget.

    But man he does not understand subtlety.

    DJ Eebs on
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs, in my new life of hot city action all day everyday, I do not have time for subtlety.

    ...

    I also don't think that's how you spell that.

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    Well Firefox thinks it's spelled that way.

    His style works really well with Invincible and Marvel Zombies, but man, I can't get past his dialogue in some of his more serious stuff. I have a similar problem with Mark Millar and I don't even know what he does that bugs me.

    But I really like Invincible, and I liked the first trade of Walking Dead.

    DJ Eebs on
  • LRGLRG Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    The first three Marvel Team-Up trades are nothing but fun.

    Invincible probably isn't the best super-hero book in the universe, but it's in the top 5.

    Saying the Walking Dead is over-rated is stupid, cause I don't agree with that at all.

    Ant-Man #1 was good shit.

    FUCK KIRKMAN.

    LRG on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Kirkman should just go do a Spider-Man book. I mean Marvel Team-Up practically was one.

    SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited October 2006
    also, fuck me, I forgot about marvel team-up. That was my absolute favorite monthly book until nextwave started coming out. so so sad to see it go.

    Whippy on
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I haven't really liked anything Kirkman's written, except maybe Marvel Zombies.

    Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Then what are you doing here in the fan club?

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Guys, because everyone likes Invincible and Robert Kirkman, by the laws of physics that means he actually SUCKS, and people are just stupid for liking him.

    Because anything that a lot of people like invariably sucks.

    Think about that.

    saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I've got like three or four people I know hooked on Invincible. Its like a plague, but a good plague that you wake up and realize you have it and you say "FUCK KIRKMAN OHGODYES".

    Actually, when I got my friend to read the first invincible trade, first thing she said after she was done was "You're a bastard, and so is this guy. Gimme the rest."

    GRRRR

    Skullo on
  • TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    What's neat about Invincible is that it gets better each trade. The first two books, I was like, "Eh, this is okay. I guess I'll read more." But man, Kirkman's mutant power must be to write books that behave like snowballs rolling down Everest, because though Invincible started small, it's now like a fucking avalanche of awesome. I mean:
    [spoiler:054c5db8ec] fucking alien half-brothers that are gonna age super-fast? Robot not actually being evil, but being kind of a dick who also happens to grow a new body from Rex splode? A chick with huge knockers and boxing gloves for some reason? Yes please! [/spoiler:054c5db8ec]

    Seriously, despite some of his other writing faults, Kirkman does very well with building complicated and interesting plots in an ongoing series. Also. Walking Dead is pretty good, but I have a hard time keeping all the characters straight. And Marvel Zombies was pretty good, but I personally think that:

    [spoiler:054c5db8ec] The ending was kind of silly, even for a book about Zombies. [/spoiler:054c5db8ec]

    Also, his run on Ultimate X-Men totally sucks.[/i]

    TehChowd on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited October 2006
    hee hee hee

    i am waiting for jordyn to stumble across some battle pope




    it will be hilarious

    Knob on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I didn't think his UXM was bad until the WTFAnnual.

    Invincible and Walking Dead are great.

    Conditional_Axe on
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Can someone tell me what the New Antman series is about? I'm interested in buying it, but I thought Antman died.

    Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    saint2e wrote:
    Guys, because everyone likes Invincible and Robert Kirkman, by the laws of physics that means he actually SUCKS, and people are just stupid for liking him.

    Because anything that a lot of people like invariably sucks.

    Think about that.

    This post brought to you by DouglasDanger

    Garlic Bread on
  • robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Tank wrote:
    Can someone tell me what the New Antman series is about? I'm interested in buying it, but I thought Antman died.
    Hank Pym is working for SHIELD and has created a new Antman suit to be used an as-of-yet to be determined qualified operative. Two guys who're constantly stuck on low level work like monitor duty are assigned, with little explanation, protect the door outside the lab where Pym is. Since they don't know whether they're stopping people from going in or going out, they end up knocking out Pym as he tries to leave. They then go outside and one of them, for the hell of it, tries to suit on. Hijinks ensue!

    robosagogo on
Sign In or Register to comment.