As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

stream media to Wii

sushiboysushiboy Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
Ok, so I am looking for a way to stream instant netflix video to my wii cuz watching movies on my TV is way nicer than staring at a computer screen. A friend of mine got Xoom Media Player, but that wont cut it for what I want. Xoom only lets you stream certain file types that are already on your computer. Is there a program out there that would let me stream things off the internet to my Wii? I tried just watching netflix vids with my internet channel, but netflix blocks you unless you are using XP SP2 and maybe Vista. Yes, I know there is a device now that you can hook to your TV that will grab netflix vids for you, but I dont want to spend $100 for that.

Wii - 5850 0852 0940 2934
AC:CF - 1032 4742 8889
PM me if you add any of my codes
sushiboy on

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Tycho actually posted two programs that I believe were made for doing this or at least had this as a future feature they were working on.

I believe one of them was called PlayOn I think.

Yup- http://www.themediamall.com/playon I guess it says Wii support will be added "In early 2009"

I don't remember the name of the other similar program Tycho listed, but I'm sure you/someone else can find it.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Evidently ORB works to stream media over quite well. I have yet to try it myself, though.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Evidently ORB works to stream media over quite well. I have yet to try it myself, though.

But it doesn't do Netflix which is what the OP was manily asking about I believe. Winamp Remote/ORB is still amazing cool tech stuff. Free streaming of any of my home media content on any internet based PC? Yes, please!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Yeah ORB is great if you're doing stuff on the computer, but I don't think (as of yet) there is a way to do Netflix.

urahonky on
  • Options
    sushiboysushiboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hmmm.. so i basically just have to wait.

sushiboy on
    Wii - 5850 0852 0940 2934
    AC:CF - 1032 4742 8889
    PM me if you add any of my codes
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    sushiboy wrote: »
    hmmm.. so i basically just have to wait.

It's Nintendo, I bet you will end up waiting forever.

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!