As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii Need a Cure for Leukemia/ Lymphoma

HeathinatlHeathinatl Registered User new member
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
Hey guys, my name is Heath and I am from Atlanta. On December 5th, 6th, and 7th a group of friends and I will be playing the Wii for 48 hours. We will be focusing on the Wii WiFi games like Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Bomberman Online, Tetris online, Dr Mario online, etc. We will be braodcasting everything over the webcam so you can see watch someones reaction as you grab the smash ball and destroy everyone! Please go to http://Wiineedacure.com and read all the details. If you have any questions you can also e-mail me at Heathinatl@aol.com. We will be doing this as a fundraiser for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS). I would love to see everyone! Also we would love if you have any fan art to e-mail it to us and we will post it on the site! Thanks everyone!

Heathinatl on

Posts

  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I know a Heath in Atlanta. Went to college with him.

    Mr Pink on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Are you sure he's from Atlanta? I know a guy named Heath and he's from Baltimore.

    rayofash on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    rayofash wrote: »
    Are you sure he's from Atlanta? I know a guy named Heath and he's from Baltimore.

    Heath gets around.

    Mr Pink on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Seriously though, anybody can play games for hours on end, you need to give them an incentive to donate, otherwise you can just link them to one of the many cure for cancer sites and donate there. The people at Desert Bus were playing an absolutely horrible game that tortured them, with every donation they had to play that awful game longer and longer.

    I always thought it would be neat to do what the Desert Bus guys did only with La Mulana (including the Hell level).

    rayofash on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I knew a Heath. What an asshole.

    Algertman on
  • Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    rayofash wrote: »
    Seriously though, anybody can play games for hours on end, you need to give them an incentive to donate, otherwise you can just link them to one of the many cure for cancer sites and donate there. The people at Desert Bus were playing an absolutely horrible game that tortured them, with every donation they had to play that awful game longer and longer.

    I always thought it would be neat to do what the Desert Bus guys did only with La Mulana (including the Hell level).

    La-Mulana is a horrible game? News to me.

    guar on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    guar wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    Seriously though, anybody can play games for hours on end, you need to give them an incentive to donate, otherwise you can just link them to one of the many cure for cancer sites and donate there. The people at Desert Bus were playing an absolutely horrible game that tortured them, with every donation they had to play that awful game longer and longer.

    I always thought it would be neat to do what the Desert Bus guys did only with La Mulana (including the Hell level).

    La-Mulana is a horrible game? News to me.

    It's not horrible, it's torture.

    rayofash on
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    don't die like those guys in korea who play sc all the time

    musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    rayofash wrote: »
    guar wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    Seriously though, anybody can play games for hours on end, you need to give them an incentive to donate, otherwise you can just link them to one of the many cure for cancer sites and donate there. The people at Desert Bus were playing an absolutely horrible game that tortured them, with every donation they had to play that awful game longer and longer.

    I always thought it would be neat to do what the Desert Bus guys did only with La Mulana (including the Hell level).

    La-Mulana is a horrible game? News to me.

    It's not horrible, it's torture.

    Well hell, if you actually go through with that plan, hit me up. I actually enjoy the game.

    guar on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    guar wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    guar wrote: »
    rayofash wrote: »
    Seriously though, anybody can play games for hours on end, you need to give them an incentive to donate, otherwise you can just link them to one of the many cure for cancer sites and donate there. The people at Desert Bus were playing an absolutely horrible game that tortured them, with every donation they had to play that awful game longer and longer.

    I always thought it would be neat to do what the Desert Bus guys did only with La Mulana (including the Hell level).

    La-Mulana is a horrible game? News to me.

    It's not horrible, it's torture.

    Well hell, if you actually go through with that plan, hit me up. I actually enjoy the game.

    The game's awesome, did you do Hell's Temple?

    rayofash on
  • Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    No clue. The farthest I've gotten is where you're supposed to balance a bunch of symbols based on their weight. I'd found the clue but didn't have it written down, teleported out to do so, and then found I couldn't get back in.

    I get the urge to play it every few months, so I'm probably due sometime soon. Maybe I'll get farther this time.

    guar on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    guar wrote: »
    No clue. The farthest I've gotten is where you're supposed to balance a bunch of symbols based on their weight. I'd found the clue but didn't have it written down, teleported out to do so, and then found I couldn't get back in.

    I get the urge to play it every few months, so I'm probably due sometime soon. Maybe I'll get farther this time.

    Hell's Temple: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY0IH80cHB0

    rayofash on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heathinatl wrote: »
    Hey guys, my name is Heath and I am from Atlanta. On December 5th, 6th, and 7th a group of friends and I will be playing the Wii for 48 hours. We will be focusing on the Wii WiFi games like Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Bomberman Online, Tetris online, Dr Mario online, etc. We will be braodcasting everything over the webcam so you can see watch someones reaction as you grab the smash ball and destroy everyone! Please go to http://Wiineedacure.com and read all the details. If you have any questions you can also e-mail me at Heathinatl@aol.com. We will be doing this as a fundraiser for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS). I would love to see everyone! Also we would love if you have any fan art to e-mail it to us and we will post it on the site! Thanks everyone!

    Play through I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game. Every dollar/dime is another life.

    Terrendos on
  • Options
    guarguar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Haha. So let's see, I was about halfway then? Awesome.

    guar on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Algertman wrote: »
    I knew a Heath. What an asshole.

    Why so serious?

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Algertman wrote: »
    I knew a Heath. What an asshole.

    Why so serious?

    Booooo....

    rayofash on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    rayofash wrote: »
    Algertman wrote: »
    I knew a Heath. What an asshole.

    Why so serious?

    Booooo....

    I was saying Boo-urns!

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What? You guys already did this exact same fund-raiser last time, and we had the same go-nowhere discussion about it!

    Pick some different video games, like Berserk or something.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I nominate Baroque.

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You know why this worked for the Zelda run-through? Let me list a couple of reasons:

    A) It was fun to watch someone play through every Zelda game and relive some old memories.

    B) They were the first to do the whole "Play ___ for __ hours" charity thing.

    It's not that creative, original or entertaining anymore. I realize it's for a good cause, I really do, but seeing person after person come on here, doing the exact same thing, kills my interest. You'll raise more money if you find a cool and original way to get people interested.

    Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Maybe they should play on one Dwarf Fortress adventurer for 48 hours.

    Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I nominate Baroque.

    I heard a lot of hate for that game. Probably not the best roguelike for newcomers to start with.

    Shady3011 on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    I nominate Baroque.

    I heard a lot of hate for that game. Probably not the best roguelike for newcomers to start with.

    Exactly.

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I thought this was going to be about a new Trauma Center game.

    Sadface.

    Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Falstaff wrote: »
    I thought this was going to be about a new Trauma Center game.

    Sadface.

    I actually thought it was going to be some sort of Wii equivalent of Folding@Home.

    Then I thought "Oh wait, Folding@Home is an online sort of deal."

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heathinatl wrote: »
    Hey guys, my name is Heath and I am from Atlanta. On December 5th, 6th, and 7th a group of friends and I will be playing the Wii for 48 hours. We will be focusing on the Wii WiFi games like Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Bomberman Online, Tetris online, Dr Mario online, etc. We will be braodcasting everything over the webcam so you can see watch someones reaction as you grab the smash ball and destroy everyone! Please go to http://Wiineedacure.com and read all the details. If you have any questions you can also e-mail me at Heathinatl@aol.com. We will be doing this as a fundraiser for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS). I would love to see everyone! Also we would love if you have any fan art to e-mail it to us and we will post it on the site! Thanks everyone!

    You should let people pay a registration fee. And they bet who will win each game/round w/e. And whoever wins gets some sort of cash prize and the rest is donated.

    Katholic on
This discussion has been closed.