Options

ASRock Mother board needs floppydisc to intall SATA drivers

Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently bought a new computer. To get any use out of my HDD I need SATA drivers from my ASRock P45R2000 motherboard. My motherboard requires that these be put onto a floppy diskette. The company does not even have the drivers available for download.

I haven't had a floppy drive in fucking decade. Is there a way around this shit or should I just get a new board?

Fuck off and die.
Peter Ebel on

• Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    There is a way around, I had a similar situation in the past. There is an option during Windows installation to insert third party SATA drivers, but this is during the first boot up to start the installation.

Another option is just to find an old machine with floppy drive, copy the content to a flash drive or just burn the floppy files to a CD-R using Nero Burning Rom, this way you can create a CD-R as if it were a floppy.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    Dance CommanderDance Commander Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Go to a public library or something, they may very well have some older machines with floppy drives in them.
    That's seriously weird, though. If you google around you may find someone who has hosted the files as a service to others.

Dance Commander on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Check your BIOS settings. Most motherboards have a Compatability mode for the SATA ports that emulates PATA, so no drivers are required.

Other than that, you can browse the Driver CD-ROM for the Motherboard and copy the appropriate drivers to a formatted floppy.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    nLite will let you create a slipstreamed installation CD with service packs, updates and drivers already included, no floppy drive necessary.

There's a guide on the site, but it's pretty easy to use.

japan on
  • Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    Vista will let you burn a cd or jumpdrive.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also, you can always pick up a USB floppy drive like this one. They can be had in most major electronics/office supply stores as well for under $25.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?