As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Logitech G9 woes

Darth NathanDarth Nathan Registered User regular
Now I've had a G9 for months now and have had nothing but praise for it. However today, out of the blue, the left button has developed an issue. Whenever I hold it down, It won't actually stay down.

That was a bit vague...what I mean is that in TF2 for example, holding down the LMB to fire the flamethrower, I don't get a full stream but instead a stuttering mess because the button just can't be held down. The only way to get it to work is to put an enormous amount of force on it, to the point where I feel I'm going to break it.

Anyway, zee Googles do nothing, so here we are. I've reinstalled the software and drivers and whatnot, so it's gotta be a hardware issue. Can't open the thing, there's no screws or anything. Should I buy a new mouse?

camo_sig2.png
Darth Nathan on

• Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Check to see if the screws are under the no-slip pads on the bottom of the mouse, it's a popular place to hide 'em. I remember having a similar issue with an old mouse (doesn't sound like it's as bad, but for example if I were trying to drag and drop an icon it would generally get dropped somewhere 'in transit' as I moved it) and was able to fix it but really it was years back and offhand I have no idea how. Probably just taking stuff apart as much as possible and cleaning it, then putting it back together, since that's my general plan for failed mechanical devices.

Ego on
    Erik
  • Options
    darkgruedarkgrue Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Check the warranty. My understanding is that Logitech's pretty good about honoring the warranty. Even if it's a little out of it, it wouldn't hurt to contact them anyway, explain the situation, and see if they'll help you out anyway.

If you open it, you're pretty much committed to either fixing the problem or replacing the mouse.

darkgrue on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    darkgrue wrote: »
    Check the warranty. My understanding is that Logitech's pretty good about honoring the warranty. Even if it's a little out of it, it wouldn't hurt to contact them anyway, explain the situation, and see if they'll help you out anyway.

If you open it, you're pretty much committed to either fixing the problem or replacing the mouse.

Logitech has been VERY good to me over the years. I had their MX1000 Laser Mouse that sat on a docking station. Apparently it developed issues where it didn't like charging anymore. I let Logitech know, they sent me the G9 free of charge. Did the same for my girlfriend's G7.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    just get another one from logitech.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png