As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mobile choice - Which one do you have/recommend?

AizawaAizawa Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hi! I'm getting a new mobile, because the one I've had for many years has now given up. I'm currently considering getting either a Samsung Omnia or a HTC Touch Pro. I've also considered getting the new cybershot Sony-Ericsson, which is basically an old school mobile with a 8.1 megapixel camera, which is a plus for me, because I love taking pictures and also love editing them (I.e, good resolution is a must) and having a good camera in my mobile would be pretty awesome. However internet and to some extent all typing would be a pain on it.

So, either a flashy Omnia, a QWERTY/Touch HTC or a..camphone..thing.. Whatever they're called.

Also I'm open to recommendations for other cell phones, although I'll want to get a relatively new phone. :lol:

Thanks in advance!

Druid
1801011.png
Please, excuse any socially awkward actions taken by me. I have autism.
Aizawa on

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2008
    Carrier & price range.

Organichu on
  • AizawaAizawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Soo.. I really don't know what "carrier" is. I guess I'm a bit of a noob, but anyway, english isn't my first language. Here these are all around, 750 dollars.

Aizawa on
    Druid
    1801011.png
  • enderwiggin13enderwiggin13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    The carrier is the company that provides your mobile service. I've got the HTC TytnII which is the predecessor to the Touch Pro. I couldn't be happier with it. Honestly, the camera quality is not all that great on mine even though its 3.0MP, but I got it to be a phone not to take photos.

enderwiggin13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AizawaAizawa Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Oh. Um, I seriously don't think you care about what swedish telecom company I'm using, although I might have missed something. I've managed to narrow it down to either the C905 or the Touch Pro. Touch Pro because it's easy to use it as a planner and such, more utility. Having a badass camera (it is to me, at least) in a phone is also awesome, 'specially since I don't really have a camera right now.

Aizawa on
    Druid
    1801011.png
  • Shark_MegaByteShark_MegaByte Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I have an HTC QWERTY/touch, the 8525. <3 8-)
    PDA, web, and email are very handy, and it even connects by bluetooth to a cheap Garmin GPS receiver. I'll be looking at HTC models first when it comes time to choose my next phone (in about a year, probably).

Shark_MegaByte on