As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The 2008 Tax Rebate: Not eligible last year? Might be this year.

Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So earlier this year everyone besides me got a nice check from the government for $600. I didn't get it because my 2007 income was lower than $3000.

However, this year my income should reside in the $6-7000 range. Since the rebate was actually a credit on this year's taxes, will I be getting a nice fat $600 check once I file my taxes early next year? From what I've been reading it seems that way, but I'd like to know for sure.

No I don't.
Death of Rats on

• Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Anyone?

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • DalbozDalboz Resident Puppy Eater Right behind you...Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't know for certain, but I don't think you would. The rebate was for filing taxes for income earned in the 2007 fiscal year. I don't think it applies to 2008.

In short, I'm not entirely sure, but if I were you I wouldn't plan on it if nothing else than to be on the safe side (i.e., don't spend money you don't have yet).

Dalboz on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    hurm...

It's just stuff like this:
    Q. I don’t qualify for a stimulus payment based on my 2007 return. But my tax situation will be different in 2008. Will I qualify for any special benefit?
    A. Possibly. The 2008 tax instructions will include a worksheet to help those who did not qualify for a payment or those who received a reduced amount determine if they can obtain a benefit when they file their 2008 tax returns next year.

Well, it just kinda makes me wonder if I will. $300 would help me out a lot.

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.