As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Week o Games, 11/23: Chrono Trigger DS, KOF Orochi Wii, SSIITurbo HD Remix (I think)

slash000slash000 Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
Another week, another 7 days of new game releases!

Welcome to the 40 edition of G&T's newly traditional "Weekly Games Release Thread!" - Week 11/23 - 11/29!

Where we discuss what we're looking forward to, what we're going to buy, and what we're just now realizing is being released this week that we had forgotten about!

NDS

180564b.jpg

Chrono Trigger
True to the game's original premise, Chrono Trigger DS presents the story of Crono, who attempts to first save his friend Marle from a malfunctioning teleportation device. However, a more sinister threat evolves through his adventures, and Crono soon finds himself altering space-time to divert the near-certain apocalyptic future.

180829b.jpg

Age of Empires: Mythologies
Age of Empires: Mythologies is inspired by the hit Windows PC series Age of Empires and built on the Age of Empires: Age of Kings' critically-acclaimed game engine. Featuring three playable civilizations with individual campaigns - the Egyptians, Greeks and the Norse - Age of Empires: Mythologies will allow players to lead mighty heroes and legendary monsters, call down divine powers of the gods, and change the tide of battle with an all-new active combat system. Age of Empires: Mythologies will also offer an immersive multiplayer experience with unique maps, customizable rules, a new skirmish mode and single-cart game sharing, allowing players anywhere to go head-to-head worldwide.

180872b.jpg

Syberia
Leave behind the past and embrace a future of unpredictable events, as you encounter unique worlds, endearing characters and challenging puzzles. For Kate Walker, a sophisticated New York Attorney, the Voralberg Toy Company acquisition seemed like an easy task: a quick stop-over to a small alpine village in France to buy-out an old toy factory, then straight back home to New York. But deep in the alpine valleys, Kate uncovers a secret which starts her on a fascinating quest of discovery. Due to an unexpected twist, her business trip quickly becomes a journey across land and time throwing all she values into question, while the deal she set out to sign becomes a pact with destiny... Embark on a journey that will envelop and capture your imagination, emotions and senses...

Cradle of Rome
All Star Cheer Squad
Emma in the Mountains
Personal Trainer: Cooking
Chrysler Classic Racing
Club Penguin: Elite Penguin Force
Neopets Puzzle Adventure
Imagine Gymnast

PC

Band Manager
Call of Atlantis
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual
Bolt
Puzzlegeddon
The Chronicles of Spellborn

PS2

Nothing! Agh!

PS3
Nothing except PSN stuff

PSP

Nothing!

Wii

230381brp.jpg

The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
The first ever collection of THE KING OF FIGHTERS, consisting of 5 complete games. KOF 94, 95, 96, 97, 98

230241b.jpg

Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine
Prepare for Battle! Chop, mix, stir and dice against the greatest chefs the world has ever known in a lightning-paced cooking competition. Iron Chef America: Supreme Cuisine challenges players to take up the role of a master chef in the midst of a battle for culinary supremacy. Recreating the blistering speed of the Food Network’s hit television show, players are presented with epic culinary battles centered on 15 theme ingredients and hundreds of dish variations.
Cake Mania: In the Mix!

Skate City Heroes
Ski & Shoot
AMF Bowling World Lanes
Championship Foosball
Chrysler Classic Racing
Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle Adventure
Winter Sports 2: The Next Challenge

Xbox360

200565b.jpg

NPPL Championship Paintball 2009
The intensity of first-person-shooters and extreme sports collide in NPPL’s Championship Paintball 2009! Feel the adrenaline of intense tournament and woodsball action like never before as you take your game to the next level with this release from the #1 publisher in paintball video games. With most authentic and realistic paintball game to date, you’ll feel like you’re right in the action!

WiiWare/VC

dunno yet

XBLA

Banjo-Kazooie (This has been delayed to next week)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

dunno yet

PSN

Metal Gear Online Meme Expansion
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix

dunno yet

So, not too big of a week, amidst an otherwise huge Fall '08.

We have Chrono Trigger DS coming out, one of the greatest RPGs ever made, for NDS.
NDS also gets a new Age of Empires, which hopefully well be good like the last one. NDS also gets another port of an adventure/point/click game, Syberia, which, I think is/was good?

The Playstation systems get no retail releases this week.

The Wii gets the awesome must-have King of Fighters Orochi Collection, in other words KOF 94, 95, 96, 97, and 98 in one package. Definitely hittin' that up.

The HD systems get the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, after much ado.

So what's everyone getting this week? Probably nothing but Chrono Trigger DS?

slash000 on

• Options
    Lightor216Lightor216 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Banjo got delayed until next week.

Lightor216 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Lightor216 wrote: »
    Banjo got delayed until next week.

Huh. Didn't realize it.

Is SSIITHDR really coming out this week?

slash000 on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Do we know if the Wii Orochi Collection is better than the PS2 version? It's an incredible deal nonetheless, but it has some pretty inexcusable bugs, such lack of arranged soundtracks in-game (meanwhile they're in the soundtest), and tons of bugs all around.

I want to get it, but the soundtrack problem is especially infuriating, since the music is my favorite part of the non-'98 games.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    Is SSIITHDR really coming out this week?

Yeah, on the 26th.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    CTDS has horrible cover art.
    Preordered, nontheless.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Still debating whether I should buy Turbo HD or not. I'll wait for the online impressions first.

Ranced on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Do we know if the Wii Orochi Collection is better than the PS2 version? It's an incredible deal nonetheless, but it has some pretty inexcusable bugs, such lack of arranged soundtracks in-game (meanwhile they're in the soundtest), and tons of bugs all around.

I want to get it, but the soundtrack problem is especially infuriating, since the music is my favorite part of the non-'98 games.

Oh, right. Shit. I'll have to wait and see. Do you know what all bugs/issues there are? I can live without the rearranged music.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Xagarath wrote: »
    CTDS has horrible cover art.
    Preordered, nontheless.

Meh. It's essentially the same as it was on the SNES box.

slash000 on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    CTDS is like the realization of a dream I had when the first Final Fantasy remake was announced for the GBA.

It will be bought. It will be bought so hard.

Graviija on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    HD Remix is my most anticipated title of the year. I've been reading Sirlin's website and keeping up to date with it. I know a lot of people aren't a big fan of Sirlin, but I think he does a good job.

Not sure what I think about time stopping abilities though...

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    What time stopping abilities?

slash000 on
  • Options
    MiserableMirthMiserableMirth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What time stopping abilities?
    I was talking this blog post of his. I could try to explain it, but I think your better off reading it first hand. It's only a few paragraphs into the blog.

MiserableMirth on
  • Options
    BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    How awesome would it be if Nintendo were to bring out Ocarina of Time: Master Quest for Virtual Console next week to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the game?

But, yeah.....I know. :(

BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man, I wish I could get CTDS this week but....I'm out of money i-i

Rent on
  • Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Not sure what I think about time stopping abilities though...

Man Sirlin gets so much hate for this, but if you ever fallen from really high or something like that, than you totally know what he's talking about.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Heh. I was going to say: "Oh thank God! Nothing good this week!" Then I saw Chrono Trigger.

urahonky on
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Glad that nothing too big comes out this week (CTDS can wait until a price drop seeing as how I played the SNES one to death); means I can catch up on my existing games and buy a few XBox Community Games (Weapon of Choice and maybe 1-2 more although I haven't decided which).

RainbowDespair on
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited November 2008

Oh, right. Shit. I'll have to wait and see. Do you know what all bugs/issues there are? I can live without the rearranged music.
    I've spent a lot of time with the PS2 version, and read several impressions, and from all I've read, none of the issues really affect gameplay. There's a bit of lag at the start of '94 matches, but it never affects gameplay apparently. The only other noticeable bug is the KOF '98 announcer.

Rex Dart on
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I don't care how close it is to Christmas, or many epic RPGs I have yet to even touch. I am fucking buying Chrono Trigger.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Rex Dart wrote: »

I've spent a lot of time with the PS2 version, and read several impressions, and from all I've read, none of the issues really affect gameplay. There's a bit of lag at the start of '94 matches, but it never affects gameplay apparently. The only other noticeable bug is the KOF '98 announcer.

OK sweet.

Plus, I have KOF94 on Virtual Console anyway.

slash000 on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I might buy HD remix. Going to check out the demo first. Other than that, I survived another year of crazy game release madness!

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    brynstar wrote: »
    I might buy HD remix. Going to check out the demo first. Other than that, I survived another year of crazy game release madness!

Except Dead Space! I see that in your tag, you can't hide it!

urahonky on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    urahonky wrote: »
    brynstar wrote: »

Except Dead Space! I see that in your tag, you can't hide it!

I love Dead Space. It's one of my favorite games of all time, and possibly my favorite of this year. :)

I bought all the downloadable content. It's awesome.

I ended up buying SFII on PS3, due to the Dpad conundrum.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51