Options

Any MySpace developers in the hizzy?

JasconiusJasconius sword criminalmad onlineRegistered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I an another programmer have been smashing our heads against the MySpace developer platform. Our goal is to allow users of our site to log in to their MySpace account to access profile images.

MySpace has an apparently aberrant implementation of the OAUTH standard (read: they don't follow the standards), and it took us two days just to get an authorization token working.

Now that we have the token, we are trying to figure out how to access the login form and open up the profile data.

Myspace development is basically impossible to google for. Does anyone have any resources, insight, or books they can recommend for MySpace development, with a special interest in their Data Availability/External Application stuff.

There is literally no on-site documentation on MySpace, it's unbelievable.

Jasconius on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    http://developer.myspace.com/community/

Have you checked that yet?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Uhh yes, of course. In working with the external API (Data Availability), there is no practical documentation and very little community assistance. That's our problem. They just point you at the OAUTH site and say "there, do that", but their implementation of OAUTH is whacked.

Jasconius on