As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Publick Transport in Americka

SamSam Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
why not?

Sam on

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Because my car is right there?

Burtletoy on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Because in most places it's terrible and lacking in convenience.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Closes at midnight, one AM. Terribly inconvenient.

deadonthestreet on
  • SamSam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Because in most places it's terrible and lacking in convenience.

Most towns are built in a way that could easily incorporate monorail or surface rail or more buses than one every 2 hours.

Sam on
  • LavenlianLavenlian Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think a high speed rail line that links the major cities of Texas would be nice. I hate having to take I-35 anywhere between San Antonio and Dallas or I-10 between San Antonio and Houston. Unfortunately, most folks down here seem to have a pathological hatred for any type of public transport.

Lavenlian on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2008
    Are you going to pay for its construction?

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • SamSam Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Closes at midnight, one AM. Terribly inconvenient.

Most places don't have any kind of public transport after 6 PM.

Sam on
  • Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I take it you've never ridden a Greyhound bus?

edit: I don't think a nationwide mass trans is really needed since we have wide open highways generally free of heavy traffic.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Takes an hour and twenty minutes, and a mile of walking to and from bus stops to get from my house to work by bus. My work is seven miles away. taking the bus also requires $4.50, in exact change, since I have to switch busses once. In conclusion, public transportation blows chunks out here.

Kane Red Robe on
  • IntangirIntangir Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'd be happy to use public transportation if it was a reasonable option where I live (Grand Rapids, MI). Grand Rapids is a medium sized metro area and an award winning bus system, but the nearest stop to my house is still a good mile and a half, just as far as the grocery store. To get to work, I'd have to walk/bike that distance, ride for probably 30 minutes, then walk/bike another 5 miles (and I work at a large factory/business complex). By contrast, my drive is 20 minutes. I could probably bike it in an hour, but then I'd be all sweaty and there's no showers. On the other hand, we moved where we did to be close to my wife's office (as her job is more permanent than mine) and she bikes fairly regularly to work when the weather is nice.

Intangir on
  • monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Are you going to pay for its construction?

I pay to maintain your highways; even though I rarely use them, and will never use the ones in, say, Montana or Idaho.

moniker on
  • ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2008
    This thread: Why not?

A: Because the OP was terrible and its creator should be shot in the sack with a gun that fires rabid weasels.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.