As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Some Outlook 2003 questions

AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
First question: I've got an appointment that is recurring, but I can't put it in using Outlooks recurrence choices. It takes place on the 5th and the 20th of each month, unless that day is a weekend day or bank holiday, in which case it moves forward to the next non-holiday weekday. Is there some way to enter an appointment and then just type in all the dates it occurs on?

EDIT- Nevermind the second question. Why do I always figure this shit out right after I hit post???
Second question: I had to reformat someone's PC. I wasn't able to backup everything before I did this. His email signature used to do this goofy thing where it would fly in line by line using marquee tags. I've tried to set it up again, but it just won't work. I've researched a bit online and it says that it won't work in Outlook 2003, but I know it can because it did before. Here's the code that I'm basing the signature on, from an old email he sent me with the signature:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0

Transitional//EN">
<!-- saved from url=(0096)file://C:\Documents and

Settings\davep\Local Settings\Temporary Internet

Files\OLK3\Summers2.htm --><HTML><HEAD><TITLE
id=ridTitle>From the desk of Dude's Name</TITLE>
<P><B>Dude's Name </B><BR>
<MARQUEE scrollAmount=50 scrollDelay=5 behavior=slide

loop=1><FONT face=Arial
color=#000000 size=2><B>Chief Operating Officer</B></FONT>

<BR>
<MARQUEE scrollAmount=45 scrollDelay=5 behavior=slide

loop=1><FONT face=Arial
color=#000000 size=2><B><I>Our Company Name</I></B></FONT>

<BR>
<MARQUEE scrollAmount=40 scrollDelay=5 behavior=slide

loop=1><FONT face=Arial
color=#000000 size=2><B>123 Main Street</B></FONT> <BR>
<MARQUEE scrollAmount=35 scrollDelay=5 behavior=slide

loop=1><FONT face=Arial
color=#000000 size=2><B>Tucson, AZ 85701</B></FONT> <BR>
<MARQUEE scrollAmount=30 scrollDelay=5 behavior=slide

loop=1><FONT face=Arial
color=#000000 size=2><B>520.123.4567 x111</B></FONT>
<BR></MARQUEE></MARQUEE></MARQUEE></MARQUEE></MARQUEE>
<P></P></BODY></HTML>

It works as a html document, and it works in the create signature preview window, but when I set my signature to that and create an email I just get "Dude's Name" with a box underneath it with a big red X.

dudesname.jpg

I'm guessing there is just some trick to getting it to work. He is set up to send HTML mail. Word 2003 is the editor. Maybe that has something to do with it, but I'm pretty sure it was that way before as well.

EDIT- It was the editor.

I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
AtomBomb on