As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

360 power!

Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Got home from work today and wanted to play some fable. Problem is that my 360 won't turn on. I have unplug and re-plugged all the wires and changed what HDMI port the video cable is going into. The power supply bar light is orange. Help?

PSN: Canadian_llama
Disco11 on

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This might be a stupid question, but have you tried turning it on from the power switch on the system instead of a controller?

I'm assuming so, but I figure it's worth a shot. Orange light on the power brick means, at least in my experience, "everything's peachy but the system's turned off"

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I have..... no go:(

Disco11 on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Have you tried any other outlets?

Shogun on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Yes...

Disco11 on
  • Options
    eternalbleternalbl Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    is there a power switch on the back of the 360?

And I've never owned a 360... is it your standard power cord, that you could check with your DVD player or something?

eternalbl on
    eternalbl.png
  • Options
    MoSiAcMoSiAc Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nah his best bet is to try and borrow a friends 360 power supply to see if that is the issue, and then call microsoft from there. When mine was having problems they made me do this and make sure you have the extra power supply with you when you call them because they might want you to check it over the phone just for the sake of trying.

MoSiAc on
    Monster Hunter Tri US: MoSiAc - U46FJF - Katrice | RipTen - Gaming News | Los Comics