As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox 360 power supply light not illuminated

Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
Unfortunately I came home today to find that my 360 wouldn't turn on at all

I noticed the power supply bricks usual orange/green light wasn't lit, so I took it out and tried plugging it in various outlets and nothing

I read an FAQ and the best it could tell me was that it might be overheated and would take a few hours to cool down, though it wasn't in a stuffy enclosed spot and i haven't played it all day

I just really hope that it isn't broken, because these things are fucking expensive. It's especially aggravating that it had to happen today because I just began my free gamefly trial

So has this happened to anyone else? Any possible fixes or anything, or am I boned?

Asamof the Horrible on

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Once what you are describing happened to my laptop's huge (but not 360 huge) power brick. I ended up buying a new one, sorry!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Sadly, I think you might be boned. Try calling Xbox support...that's the best advice I can give. How long have you had the console? You might be covered under warranty.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51