Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Ratings

ArqueArque Registered User
edited November 2008 in Games and Technology
:|
Anybody think that the games on X Box 360 are just in general, glitchier than those of PS3 and Wii? Is it just me, or is one of the most influential things that people look at when reviewing games the graphics? And the X Box fucks itself up so often that most people can't get past that. Sure, the visuals are fine, if not awesome, but the way it runs, just most games just...kill themselves. Like for The Last Remnant: I have a hunch that as soon as it gets out for PS3, people are going to be like...oh...Maybe it is the engine that Square is running, you know, the Unreal one. They might be inexperienced, but has Square ever had glitchy graphics before then? Just compare. Anybody notice a trend here? MAybe it is just me being biased against Microsoft, but seriously...Like Mirror's Edge. For PS3, it is fucking fine, but try it on 360. Any thoughts?
xbox_360_cutout.jpg

lolslicious

Is it really a trap, or a collection of memes?
:lol:
IT'S A TRAP!
can i has cheesburger?
I'm in ur base, belonging ur us
IT'S Over 9000!
have fun kids

A freelancer. A battlecry of a hawk make a dove fly and a tear dry. Wonder why a lone wolf don't run with the clan. Only trust instincts and be one with the plan.1_schamploo1.jpg
Arque on

Posts

  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    What does this have to do with ratings?

    Marathon on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Also I'm just not sure I understand some of things that are going on in this post. You're saying that when Last Remnant comes out on PS3 people will realize it's UE3s fault? Because it is UE3s fault.



    Also, yes, this is just you being biased against MS. I feel that this is either some weird flamebait post or a shill thread of some weird proportion, or market-research bot that's just gone insane or something.

    Either way, both systems have poorly optimized code. Both systems have glitchy code. UE3 has texture pop-in pretty much universally.


    EDIT: It may also be a weird overflow from GameFAQs or GT forums.

    Khavall on
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    While I'll admit that the Xbox 360 has been infamous for its hardware failures (3 rings of death, anyone? Disc read errors), I can only disagree with you, my experience on the PS3 has been FAR more glitchy. How many times have Mirror's Edge and LittleBigPlanet simply froze on me and I had to restard the system?

    Anyway, I'm not wasting more time or words on an obvious "lol MS" thread.

    Djiem on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Also I'm just not sure I understand some of things that are going on in this post. You're saying that when Last Remnant comes out on PS3 people will realize it's UE3s fault? Because it is UE3s fault.



    Also, yes, this is just you being biased against MS. I feel that this is either some weird flamebait post or a shill thread of some weird proportion, or market-research bot that's just gone insane or something.

    Either way, both systems have poorly optimized code. Both systems have glitchy code. UE3 has texture pop-in pretty much universally.


    EDIT: It may also be a weird overflow from GameFAQs or GT forums.

    This. For definite.

    First post, first thread, and it's a basher thread. Either he's a kind of board troll, bot, or not that bright, since this is the type of thread that ends up in a giant argument and locked on a good day.

    Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    [...] or market-research bot that's just gone insane or something.

    Ha, I swear: that nanosecond before reason kicked in, this was my first thought.

    How is it even.. how is it doing that?

    Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Subliminal advertisement for waterjets.org.
    The ultra-retarded text in the post shuts down higher brain function, 30 minutes later as you wake from your coma you have a strong urge to buy a water jet online.

    Also look at the profile. It's like some old guy was sitting at his computer thinking "what do those internet kids say?".

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStigCFN: Stiggles
  • EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    [...] or market-research bot that's just gone insane or something.

    Ha, I swear: that nanosecond before reason kicked in, this was my first thought.

    How is it even.. how is it doing that?

    It became self aware....

    or something

    But to try to be on topic, my XBox rarely gives me any trouble. The worst I get is sometimes it'll take forever to sign into my profile, but after that it's all good. I can't even think of a time when it's frozen. Honestly, I think I got one that's somehow better made than others. It loads considerably faster than my step brother's or my friend's, and it doesn't even have the Falcon chip in it. I'm lucky :lol:

    Etch on
  • BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Both systems have their high and low points.

    Personally I detest the 360 hardware (I'm on my 3rd one) but I love the games, particularly XBLA.

    On the PS3 side I love the hardware, and the games are pretty good as well, although I personally think the 360 has a slightly better lineup.

    In the end i use both consoles equally. I do find my PS3 gets used more often for it's media capabilties (blu-ray), however I find I play more multi platform titles on the 360 (like controller better as well as friends list).

    You can't really go wrong with either system to be honest. For those on a budget simply looking for a gaming system the edge goes to the 360 simply because you can pick one up for dirt cheap. The PS3 offers pretty much just as good games, but also has blu-ray going for it ... unfortunately that comes at a higher price of entry.

    *shrug* I have both and love both.

    Bamelin on
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    TheStig wrote: »
    Subliminal advertisement for waterjets.org.
    The ultra-retarded text in the post shuts down higher brain function, 30 minutes later as you wake from your coma you have a strong urge to buy a water jet online.

    Also look at the profile. It's like some old guy was sitting at his computer thinking "what do those internet kids say?".

    Whoa, yeah. It's like a subculture summary in there.

    Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Etch wrote: »
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    [...] or market-research bot that's just gone insane or something.

    Ha, I swear: that nanosecond before reason kicked in, this was my first thought.

    How is it even.. how is it doing that?

    It became self aware....

    This is why we don't have to worry about Skynet destroying the world. As soon as it becomes self aware, it'll just start hocking old military hardware on eBay.

    Hevach on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hevach wrote: »
    Etch wrote: »
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    [...] or market-research bot that's just gone insane or something.

    Ha, I swear: that nanosecond before reason kicked in, this was my first thought.

    How is it even.. how is it doing that?

    It became self aware....

    This is why we don't have to worry about Skynet destroying the world. As soon as it becomes self aware, it'll just start hocking old military hardware on eBay.

    And trying to sell us prescription drugs $$CHEAP$$.

    Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »
    Etch wrote: »
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    [...] or market-research bot that's just gone insane or something.

    Ha, I swear: that nanosecond before reason kicked in, this was my first thought.

    How is it even.. how is it doing that?

    It became self aware....

    This is why we don't have to worry about Skynet destroying the world. As soon as it becomes self aware, it'll just start hocking old military hardware on eBay.

    And trying to sell us prescription drugs $$CHEAP$$.
    U BAI PILLZ MAK DIK HARD KK?//

    Darmak on
    eg62xrm.jpg
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I wish I could muster up the youthful rebellious spirit to find a fitting lolcatz, but I will just say this:

    Your thread is ridiculous and you should feel ridiculous.

    Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Darmak wrote: »
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Hevach wrote: »
    Etch wrote: »
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    [...] or market-research bot that's just gone insane or something.

    Ha, I swear: that nanosecond before reason kicked in, this was my first thought.

    How is it even.. how is it doing that?

    It became self aware....

    This is why we don't have to worry about Skynet destroying the world. As soon as it becomes self aware, it'll just start hocking old military hardware on eBay.

    And trying to sell us prescription drugs $$CHEAP$$.
    U BAI PILLZ MAK DIK HARD KK?//

    Season finale of Sarah Conner Chronicles. I'm calling it now.

    Hevach on
  • greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bad OP, but the picture is cool. How did they do it? Some kind of industrial saw? Any other pictures of vivisected consoles?

    greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

    [URL="http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/acz2t/let_me_tell _you_about_demons_souls/"]Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....[/URL]
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Visti wrote: »
    I wish I could muster up the youthful rebellious spirit to find a fitting lolcatz, but I will just say this:

    Your thread is ridiculous and you should feel ridiculous.

    chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    greeble wrote: »
    Bad OP, but the picture is cool. How did they do it? Some kind of industrial saw? Any other pictures of vivisected consoles?

    Water jet cutter - basically a narrow, high pressure stream of water that can cut through stone or steel.

    Hevach on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Dudes, so I checked out the GT forums briefly to see if there was a corresponding thread.

    Jesus fuck. They've got like some weird super console v. PC thing going on where there are about 50 threads with 5-20 reasons one is "better" than the other.

    Khavall on
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    waterjets.org? Really?

    Black Ice on
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Dudes, so I checked out the GT forums briefly to see if there was a corresponding thread.

    Jesus fuck. They've got like some weird super console v. PC thing going on where there are about 50 threads with 5-20 reasons one is "better" than the other.

    Now, I thought this was the GT forums.

    Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Dudes, so I checked out the GT forums briefly to see if there was a corresponding thread.

    Jesus fuck. They've got like some weird super console v. PC thing going on where there are about 50 threads with 5-20 reasons one is "better" than the other.

    Now, I thought this was the GT forums.

    This is G&T.

    Never ever ever go to GT.

    The Ampersand makes two worlds of difference.

    Khavall on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Water jets are cool. I'd want to hold it out horizontally and see how far it shoots. Plus, water that cuts metal? What will nerds think of next.

    And the system I use most is the PS3 because of blu-ray. IF x360 had blu-ray I might would have gotten that, but I'm overly afraid of the death thing. How often does that happen anyway?

    SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Water jets are cool. I'd want to hold it out horizontally and see how far it shoots. Plus, water that cuts metal? What will nerds think of next.

    And the system I use most is the PS3 because of blu-ray. IF x360 had blu-ray I might would have gotten that, but I'm overly afraid of the death thing. How often does that happen anyway?

    Rarely yet entirely too much.

    Djiem on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Djiem wrote: »
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Water jets are cool. I'd want to hold it out horizontally and see how far it shoots. Plus, water that cuts metal? What will nerds think of next.

    And the system I use most is the PS3 because of blu-ray. IF x360 had blu-ray I might would have gotten that, but I'm overly afraid of the death thing. How often does that happen anyway?

    Rarely yet entirely too much.

    Basically never to some, all the time to most?

    SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Djiem wrote: »
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Water jets are cool. I'd want to hold it out horizontally and see how far it shoots. Plus, water that cuts metal? What will nerds think of next.

    And the system I use most is the PS3 because of blu-ray. IF x360 had blu-ray I might would have gotten that, but I'm overly afraid of the death thing. How often does that happen anyway?

    Rarely yet entirely too much.

    Basically never to some, all the time to most?

    No his post was the perfect way of phrasing it.

    Odds are it will never happen to you. Odds are also if it does it certainly will never happen more than once.

    But that doesn't mean that when it does you don't want to fucking shoot MS.

    Khavall on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    OP's sig in his profile-

    "Is it really a trap, or a collection of memes?

    IT'S A TRAP!
    can i has cheesburger?
    I'm in ur base, belonging ur us
    IT'S Over 9000!
    have fun kids

    A freelancer. A battlecry of a hawk make a dove fly and a tear dry. Wonder why a lone wolf don't run with the clan. Only trust instincts and be one with the plan."

    -that last line is pretty damn insightful.

    McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    See what I find most amazing about the PA forums is that we're like 50 layers of Brecht and Irony.


    To the point where when someone tries to come across as Ironic about the intertubes way of conducting itself we're so hipster that we're all like "fucking shill"

    Khavall on
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    See what I find most amazing about the PA forums is that we're like 50 layers of Brecht and Irony.


    To the point where when someone tries to come across as Ironic about the intertubes way of conducting itself we're so hipster that we're all like "fucking shill"

    Dude, I thought we were being sarcastic about that. Man, being hip hurts my brain.

    Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    See what I find most amazing about the PA forums is that we're like 50 layers of Brecht and Irony.


    To the point where when someone tries to come across as Ironic about the intertubes way of conducting itself we're so hipster that we're all like "fucking shill"

    Dude, I thought we were being sarcastic about that. Man, being hip hurts my brain.

    Well sure, but we're being ironic about our sarcasm.

    Khavall on
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    See what I find most amazing about the PA forums is that we're like 50 layers of Brecht and Irony.


    To the point where when someone tries to come across as Ironic about the intertubes way of conducting itself we're so hipster that we're all like "fucking shill"

    Dude, I thought we were being sarcastic about that. Man, being hip hurts my brain.

    Well sure, but we're being ironic about our sarcasm.

    Can I be sarcastic about our irony?

    Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    No, that's too far.

    Khavall on
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    Visti wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    See what I find most amazing about the PA forums is that we're like 50 layers of Brecht and Irony.


    To the point where when someone tries to come across as Ironic about the intertubes way of conducting itself we're so hipster that we're all like "fucking shill"

    Dude, I thought we were being sarcastic about that. Man, being hip hurts my brain.

    Well sure, but we're being ironic about our sarcasm.

    Can I be sarcastic about our irony?

    As long as you're being ironic about it, then it's cool.

    (I am of course being sarcastic, it's not cool in the least. The Fonz is.)
    Yeah, right - An old Happy Days character? I'm obviously being ironic here. Or sarcastic. I lose track.

    Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    You're breaking the fifth wall there.
    It's like, I don't even know what to say.

    Djiem on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm fucking stupid.

    urahonky on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    PA Forums: Having to make up walls to break since '93

    Khavall on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    This guy is Grade A Retarded, but the picture is awesome.

    And his profile really is like my Mum sat down at the computer and decided to infiltrate PA (except my real Mum wouldn't use a colection of retarded and outdated memes. She'd probably just be like Lewies mum but swearier and far more of a Mac shill)

    ben0207 on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Other awesome pictures from that site:
    X-BOX-Cut-by-waterjet.jpg
    XBOX360Logos.JPG
    xbox2.jpg

    Sir Platypus on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Man that OXBox is awesome.

    ben0207 on
  • ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Half_Life_2_Lamda.jpg

    I'm sort of addicted to waterjets now.

    ben0207 on
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited November 2008
    a lot of people just got infracted for thread shitting and off topic posting

    a lot

    Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
This discussion has been closed.