As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Terminator: Cancellation of Show Chronicles [nsf56k i guess]

• Options
    ShockwaveShockwave Back In Black Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Here's hoping Terminator is renewed; I for one love the show and would be pretty depressed if the seasons ending was it. It was just starting to pick up steam again.

Shockwave on
    shockwavesig.jpg
  • Options
    Richard_DastardlyRichard_Dastardly Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Saiga wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Back on topic: When do we find out if TSCC is still around? When is FOX's upfronts or whatnot?

3 more days.

Nope. Official day is May 18th.

Yeah, I'm retarded. I will never trust Yahoo answers again.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2009
    I hope it comes back, I enjoy it a lot more than I do Dollhouse.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    I just started watching Deadwood and thought Jack McCall looked damned familiar... turns out he's also the Beast Wizard! I'm glad to have caught that early on. It'll make watching Deadwood even more enjoyable.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I just started watching Deadwood and thought Jack McCall looked damned familiar... turns out he's also the Beast Wizard! I'm glad to have caught that early on. It'll make watching Deadwood even more enjoyable.

Season 2 will be even more enjoyable when you see who is playing another character...

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Season 2 will be even more enjoyable when you see who is playing another character...

:)

awesome actor

Clevinger on
  • Options
    voodoosporkvoodoospork Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I really don't know how I went two entire seasons of this show without ever recognizing Shirley Manson. To be fair to myself though, she seems to have aged like a mortal person.

voodoospork on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I really don't know how I went two entire seasons of this show without ever recognizing Shirley Manson. To be fair to myself though, she seems to have aged like a mortal person.

To be fair, her hair was awfully weird in the beginning half of the second season. Also, she wasn't in the first season.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, not unexpected, but fuck. It's being reported by a number of sources that TSCC is canceled as far as both the network and WB are concerned (meaning no moving to another network) now.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Truth be told this show was canceled when Sarah went on her "inner" journey back in febuary. Its just that we where deluding our selves that maybe this show had a chance, but no show can survive a 1.0 to 2.0 share.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    OremLK wrote: »
    Well, not unexpected, but fuck. It's being reported by a number of sources that TSCC is canceled as far as both the network and WB are concerned (meaning no moving to another network) now.

None of the sources being WB or Fox. Similar sources also said the sets had been destroyed before the second half of the season had even made it out, the crew (director and writers included) have made it a point to say that the only official announcement will be on the 18th.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    It is the 18th, and the sites in question are reporting that they've seen FOX's official schedule for the fall, which will be made public in a matter of hours.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Fuck, come on Fox, prove me wrong, don't renew dollhouse then let this show go. At least give it a 13 episode mini-series.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Sigh...

Is this how Firefly fans felt?

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    no show can survive a 1.0 to 2.0 share.

dollhousem.jpg

Lizard on
  • Options
    ArchebaldoArchebaldo Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Archebaldo on
    Archebaldo.gif%20
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I hate you FOX.*

Signed,
    Me

* Unless you do the right thing and make T:SCC episodic straight to DVD movies.

PS; I'd like to say I'm done with you, but Human Target and Glee look interesting... damn you, you bastards.

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    You can't blame this on Fox. For once.

And I mean at all. It was inevitable. I loved the show. But we've been saying for months that this was going to happen. It wasn't exactly a maybe.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Raynaga wrote: »

And I mean at all. It was inevitable. I loved the show. But we've been saying for months that this was going to happen. It wasn't exactly a maybe.

Most people didn't even expect a second season, let alone a full second season of 22 episodes.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Sigh...

Pretty much, except we only had one season, and even that was cut short, aired out of order and randomly passed around the schedule like a drunken freshman at a frat party.

see317 on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Well, someone has to be blamed.

If it's not FOX then... well... is it just a coincidence my favorite show was cancelled the very same year we elected our first black president? Hmmmmm?

Richard_Dastardly on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

If it's not FOX then... well... is it just a coincidence my favorite show was cancelled the very same year we elected our first black president? Hmmmmm?

I would go with the executive producer who chose to start off a new season in a new time slot with episodes he, and the network, knew would be unpopular with the reasoning being "I want to do this, and if it helps kill ratings or gets us canceled, so be it."

Yeah, I would definitely go with that guy.
    see317 wrote: »
    Sigh...

Pretty much, except we only had one season, and even that was cut short, aired out of order and randomly passed around the schedule like a drunken freshman at a frat party.

Yeah, Firefly was an affront to mankind on behalf of the network. This series is nothing of the kind. Its not even close. If you shuffled the broadcast order, and didn't even broadcast the full first season, then sure. That would be how us Firefly guys felt.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    LizardLizard Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    "[Sarah Connor] has completed its run," Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly confirmed at a press conference this morning. "I think it had a nice little run. It was a good show. It was not an either or [with Dollhouse]. We did see it tailing off a bit [in the ratings]. It had a nice creative core, but, ultimately, we made the bet on Dollhouse, so that's it for [Sarah Connor]... We make no apologies. We gave it a lot of support and some consistent scheduling. We tried and thought it was time to move on."

By "making the bet on Dollhouse", he means scheduling it in the exact same slot with even worse lead-in shows (Til Death and a new sitcom about Michael Strahan)

Dollhouse cancellation watch begins anew.

Lizard on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dollhouse will get one more season. Two if god is humping a rainbow that week.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

Dammit Obama! This wasn't the change I voted for!

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    UnderdogUnderdog Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    DragonPup wrote: »

Dammit Obama! This wasn't the change I voted for!

Ratings dropped out of the sky and tried to dig its way to China during the "Sarah is crazy, watch her go!" episodes, so I guess it'd be the writers' fault?

Underdog on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2009
    RIP show.

:|

I know you can't blame this on fox yadda yadda. But, I just, don't like them. I feel bad for it, but I actively wish that something colossally bad happens to that network and it just... dies.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    So... Shall we break out the Alcohol and drink to our dearly departed show while singing sad songs of yesteryear until we can't see straight? Or shall we speculate if the ancestry of fox executives contains Farmyard animals?

This show was a close call last year and it would have been nice to see it continue it was not to be. Reality programing is cheaper and get the same ratings.

I will however say this: When I had a choice of Dollhouse and TSCC. I saw TSCC first as it was better and its plot had me hooked in. Dollhouse was to slow on the arc-story for my taste. (What is Dollhouse's arc-story anyways? Alpha? The Dollhouse Creators? Their purpose?).

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    TasteicleTasteicle Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    That sucks, but they announced they broke down all the sets months ago.

Tasteicle on
  • Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    What is the set anyway? With Weaver transported into the future and John Henry gone they could just not use her office building in the (not happening) next season. The Connors lived in a different house in the first season and were already packing up the house saying it was time to move on again. The constant element of The Sarah Connor Chronicles was alway the characters the set were just where they were at the time, they were on the run after all.

The future stuff is about the only thing I could think of. Which would be quite important for at least the first few episodes of another season seeing as how that were John ended up.

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Terminator had a nice little run," explains Entertainment President Kevin Reilly. "We did see it trailing off a bit, and ultimately we made the bet on Dollhouse. That's it for Terminator. If we canceled Joss Whedon's show I would have got 110 million emails from his fans today."

God damnt. Nice little run? It got raped in the first season. But they bet on the show that never had any viewers and was expected to get cancelled before it started?

God fucking damnt.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    They probably have a general set they use to set up the houses and streets and so on. You'd be amazed at how many shows and movies can re-use a single set in clever ways.

It also means that another show more than likely already has their set space taken up, so it's not like they can just go rebuild it tommorow.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2009
    Terminator had a nice little run," explains Entertainment President Kevin Reilly. "We did see it trailing off a bit, and ultimately we made the bet on Dollhouse. That's it for Terminator. If we canceled Joss Whedon's show I would have got 110 million emails from his fans today."

God damnt. Nice little run? It got raped in the first season. But they bet on the show that never had any viewers and was expected to get cancelled before it started?

God fucking damnt.

It got two seasons and a nice arc. No one watched it, and even getting the second season was pretty generous. Cry more.

Tube on
  • Options
    TopweaselTopweasel Registered User regular
    edited May 2009

God fucking damnt.

Sorry the Fox move it around like crazy policy didn't help the show but it hit nearly .0 before working its way to a pitiful 2.0. Dollhouse hasn't proven anything yet, but its Whedon which means there is a following (higher then 2.0). Considering the buzz of T4 for the last year, if SCC couldn't survive off that buzz it had no chance of surviving a third season.

Great series. Better then I thought. It ended on an awesome spot that will leave us thinking of the possibilities. But we/ the producers are at fault for its failure not Fox and not Dollhouse.

Topweasel on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

God fucking damnt.

It got two seasons and a nice arc. No one watched it, and even getting the second season was pretty generous. Cry more.

I would but you're using up all the tears crying away about my opinion.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2009
    I hope that one made sense in your head.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited May 2009

Blame America.

As for FOX, they would've been crazy not to cancel it. On the surface, they looked crazy not to cancel Dollhouse, but that show is far cheaper and is produced under the umbrella of the same parent company as the network, which makes it cheaper still and adds incentive to renew.

OremLK on
  • Options
    SaigaSaiga Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Tasteicle wrote: »
    That sucks, but they announced they broke down all the sets months ago.

Which was complete bullshit, they didn't do that. Even the DIRECTOR laughed that off as he carried a camera through the still standing sets.

Saiga on
    28je138.png
  • Options
    EddieDeanEddieDean Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Well, that's a shame, but I'm happy that they at least gave Dollhouse another shot.

EddieDean on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2009
    The S2 ending was fantastic, but it would probably have helped a smidge if they would have really just gotten to that point a lot sooner instead of dragging ass in the middle of S2. I'm mostly disappointed that by time the series finally did something drastic and new with the characters, it was too goddamned late.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on