As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon

Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm aRegistered User, Disagreeable regular
edited January 2009 in Social Entropy++
i just finished Pokémon Ranger 2 the other day and that game was awesome. I spent like 30 hours on the game so all y'all should pick it up

it lets you get Darkrai to transfer to Diamond/Pearl (also a Manaphy egg (like the first Ranger game) and a special Riolu)

i transferred the pokemon to my Pearl game and now I'm trying to catch Heatran, who I've been trying to catch for over a year now. everyone says "use duskballs" but i used like 20 duskballs and 10 ultraballs and timer balls and quickballs and EVERYTHING. motherfucker don't want to be caught

anjin bought me a bunch of cards from Nintendo because they had a sick sale going on (like $.50 for booster packs or something) and now i've got a lot more cards I love them!!

motherfucking heatran just did three shakes in the ball before breaking out i swear i'm gonna kill my DS

Garlic Bread on

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    and I thought I was a faggot...

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    JarofmoldymayoJarofmoldymayo __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I used to know all one hundred and fifty of the original pokemon.

By number, name, type, everything.

I was a very sad child.

Now there are so many different goddamn pokemon.

Jarofmoldymayo on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2008
    I can name all the original Pokémon (not by heart, but if I saw them). Gold/Silver maybe

Ruby/Sapphire forward I can't name most of them

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This thread is magnificent.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    Pokemon can blow me, squirtle I feel would be the best at it.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2008
    Futore wrote: »
    This thread is magnificent.

do you have pokémon

can you trade me a heatran

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    how many pokemon are there now?

Raneados on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    how did you make that little squiggle thing above the e

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Raneados wrote: »

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Ramen NoodleRamen Noodle whoa, god has a picture of me! Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Infinity to the power of infinity. Squared.

Ramen Noodle on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Veretas wrote: »
    how did you make that little squiggle thing above the e

Option+e+e

duh

(I think it's alt+223 on windows maybe)

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I used to have Red. Then I got Blue. Then I got silver later on but never finished that. I was decent at the card game.

But this. This is the shit right here
    1207176194-Pokemon_Trading_Card_Game.png

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you spent as much time memorizing your multiplication tables as you do those damn pokemans, you'd get A's!

Sorry mom... :(

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I used to have Red. Then I got Blue. Then I got silver later on but never finished that. I was decent at the card game.

But this. This is the shit right here
    1207176194-Pokemon_Trading_Card_Game.png

that game was so fucking good

they need to make a new one

it's what taught me how to play the TCG

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    hey do you guys still play the tcg

I just got into it again

got me a sweet grass deck

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I used to know all one hundred and fifty of the original pokemon.

By number, name, type, everything.

I was a very sad child.

Now there are so many different goddamn pokemon.

Ah, memories.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited December 2008
    hey do you guys still play the tcg

I just got into it again

got me a sweet grass deck

i don't play it but as i said anjin just bought me a ton of cards

i'm terrible at making decks, though. my last deck had Batman from the DC trading card game in it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i just used another 20 dusk balls on this goddamn heatran

I hate you Kuribo's Shoe

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Rampant EntityRampant Entity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, when I was a kid making decks I would always be like, "Okay, I'm going to make myself a sweet-ass fire deck. Okay, maybe a fire/water deck, that would be even better. NO A FIRE/GRASS/WATER DECK." And then I'd pretty much have all the elements in my deck making it pretty shitty.

Rampant Entity on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I still have all my TCG cards

I had a Haymaker deck that rocked everyone's shit

Green on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2008
    I've got pokemon snap on my virtual console, that's the best pokemon game

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    pokemon snap was
    A
    W
    E
    S
    O
    M
    E

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Green wrote: »

How did it work?

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Alright i'm leaving to buy the Final Fantasy X strategy guide. I don't want to have to scan these monsters anymore since i forgot all their stats

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    echolocationecholocation Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    just give me the cards, and no one gets hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4oYz6sheP4

echolocation on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Pokémon Snap was fucking amazing because you could go to blockbuster and get that shit printed out onto stickers

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I want a Pokemon MMO already

why isn't this happening

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Alright i'm leaving to buy the Final Fantasy X strategy guide. I don't want to have to scan these monsters anymore since i forgot all their stats

um

Internet

Raneados on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Green wrote: »

How did it work?

It was Fighting/Electric I think, I don't really want to dig into my closet right now to find it

Focused on getting as many Hitmonchans into battle as quickly as possible, and having you constantly draw cards with things like Bill and Professor Oak

The biggest setback was if the match dragged on too long I'd fucking run out of cards

Green on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    i want to buy a broken DS so I can break it because this goddamn heatran won't stay in the ball

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

um

Internet

You have no idea how many hours I have spent looking at online strategy guides. I am fucking sick of those things. I want something nice. I've put enough effort into this game.

You know how many hours I thought I had on my saved game before i booted it up today? 264. I turned it on and I have 362. That doesn't count for all the times i would be playing for hours upon hours and hours and then die after not being able to get to a save point or something. it's probably at least 5 times that amount now.

I deserve a god damned book.

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited December 2008
    I like buying strategy guides. They are nice when you have to take a shit and need something to read because you can just flip around and not worry about losing your place.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

um

Internet

You have no idea how many hours I have spent looking at online strategy guides. I am fucking sick of those things. I want something nice. I've put enough effort into this game.

You know how many hours I thought I had on my saved game before i booted it up today? 264. I turned it on and I have 362. That doesn't count for all the times i would be playing for hours upon hours and hours and then die after not being able to get to a save point or something. it's probably at least 5 times that amount now.

You shouldn't need a book if you've put over 350 hours into a game

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Part of me wants to do a Let's Play of one of the Pokemon games in G&T. But then another part of me is wary of doing a game that's already been done on the SA forums. That same part is also pretty sure I wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as that other person either.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia was a great game. Pokemon games need to take note of how it is done here because they did it right.

I like the regular games but there is something great about the way you capture things here. Plus it's fun to be able to walk around the wild pokemon you don't want instead of having to deal with 100000 zubat

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    In Final Fantasy X you don't even need to use Scan on every enemy.

Just equip a weapon with Sensor, and that character becomes your Scan bitch.

"Hmm... I wonder what this enemy's weakness is..."
    *switch to Rikku*
    "Oh, thanks"
    *switch back*

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Part of me wants to do a Let's Play of one of the Pokemon games in G&T. But then another part of me is wary of doing a game that's already been done on the SA forums. That same part is also pretty sure I wouldn't be nearly as entertaining as that other person either.

I was doing a Let's Play of Emerald here for a while, but they don't really want you posting pictures because it suggests piracy and we don't approve of that here

So I started drawing comics of it instead and that got tiring :|

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    never do an LP in G&T

they don't deserve LP's

do it here

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Keith wrote: »

um

Internet

You shouldn't need a book if you've put over 350 hours into a game

I don't need it. I destroyed the game back when i first played it and put that 350 hours into it. I've just felt like playing the game lately and I'll probably max out my characters. When I got to the final boss fights, I one-hit everything with Auron

t Jurg- I have the ultimate weapons on everyone and I like them. and i'm maxing out even Rikku

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
This discussion has been closed.