As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shower Gel

StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
I bought some Lever 2000 "Refreshing" shower gel for dudes.

Just wondering, do I need to use one of thsoe sissy puffy things? Cause I was sure that I saw some simply squeezing this stuff into their hand in a commercial, if I do that will it still lather up all nice?

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
Staleghoti on

• Options
    MatthasnopantsMatthasnopants Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    No you don't really need a loofah, it'll work fine without. However I'd recommend a loofah anyway. It's definitely a little sissy but it's in the shower and it feels nice, no one need ever know.

Matthasnopants on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    It lathers a lot better with a loofah.

This is one of the reasons I don't use shower gel.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    LondonBridgeLondonBridge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    If you have acne on your body then I recommend a loofah.

LondonBridge on
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Why is everyone so against loofahs? I've been using one for years, and they even issue them in boot camp because they get you cleaner, quicker. I don't think just rubbing soapy water on my body will get me clean, I need to scrub.

But, I guess it's personal preference.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Staleghoti wrote:
    I bought some Lever 2000 "Refreshing" shower gel for dudes.

Just wondering, do I need to use one of thsoe sissy puffy things?

You bought a shower gel but don't want the puffy thing? That's like buying a Barbie but not the pink convertible.

You already have the Barbie, might as well get the pink convertible.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Just get a manly colored loofah, or use a washcloth or something.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I lather up with, er, elements of body hair. It works well enough for me. I've used bodywash for many many years, and even in the times when a loofah was available, I generally didn't remember to use it. I don't think it's necessary. Retain your masculinity - lather up with your pubes for the win!

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    matthias00matthias00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Jeez. Just get a loofah. It makes it so much faster and easier. Plus you get more clean.

Yeah, you could just put toothpaste on your teeth directly and use your finger to scrub it in because you don't think toothbrushes are manly. Or you could do it the right way.

matthias00 on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Why is everyone so against loofahs? I've been using one for years, and they even issue them in boot camp because they get you cleaner, quicker. I don't think just rubbing soapy water on my body will get me clean, I need to scrub.

But, I guess it's personal preference.

LFT.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    drxand?drxand? Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    loofah's/puffy things/etc are good because they rub away dry skin
    exfoliating style

its good for the body to remove it

you could always use a washcloth, same thing

drxand? on
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I enjoy my manly loofah. It's a damned necessity, and I take it on all my trips, including sports/band with communal showers. People move past the ribbing once they realise how awesome they are, and now half the guys who come with me use them.

Sceptre on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    i too have a manly loofah. a lavender, poofy, manly loofah.

(no seriously, get a loofah if you intend to use shower gel. i'd also stay away from Axe and Tag, as they're both overpriced for doing the same job)

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Agreed.

Loofahs, while manly-challenging, defenitly are the way to go for getting a good lather going, plus removing dead skin.

If it makes you feel better, put some Tabasco on it and rub that all over once a week to restore your machoness.

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    In addition to exfoliating, a loofah or shower flower will make more economical use of your shower gel. You can lather the gel by hand, but you'll end up using a lot more than is necessary that way than with a loofah.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    clsCorwinclsCorwin Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Maybe in Army boot camp you get a loofah. Green washcloth ftw! wait a minute...

clsCorwin on
  • Options
    TroubledTomTroubledTom regular
    edited November 2006
    I thought loofahs collected bacteria.

TroubledTom on
    Wii friend code: 8704 3489 1049 8917
    Mario Kart DS: 3320 6595 7026 5000
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    I thought loofahs collected bacteria.

The plastic flower ones do start to stink if you keep using the same one for too long. Don't know about proper natural loofahs - I guess the problem is they don't dry out properly but real loofahs get pretty dessicated when they dry.

Easy solution - get a new one every fortnight or so. The plastic ones cost pennies.

Szechuanosaurus on