As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

getting firefox to open in full screen?

BarcardiBarcardi All the WizardsUnder A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
For some reason when i loaded firefox today it opens in about 1/3rd the size of my full screen. I have forgotten how to get windows to open in full screen and stay that way. Anyone know how? The classic "clicking on it open and closed in frustration" dosnt seem to work.

Barcardi on

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    close it in full screen?

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    nope not working

Barcardi on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Same thing happens with me. Just all of a sudden it started opening in a small window. More of an annoyance than a real problem.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    AutoScizAutoSciz Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Right click the icon > Properties > Shortcut Tab > Run: Maximized.

AutoSciz on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    horray awesome

but now what about when i open a new window in firefox itself. it does the same thing and opens in about 1/3 of my screen.

once again just a major annoyance.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    embrikembrik Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Stolen from another website:
    An updated occured to my Firefox recently and yesterday I noticed that every time I booted Firefox, it will have a certain size and position regardless of resizing the window or moving it. Seemed as though it was no longer saving the window size and placement.

After a bit of research, I found that it was due to a corrupted LocalStore.rdf file.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Search_engines_disappear_from_Search_Bar

The page above gives a method of fixing the problem, but for me, with Firefox closed, I simply renamed the file "localstore.rdf" (located in your ApplicationData/Mozilla/FireFox/(some profile name)/localstoer.rdf) to something else and then rebooted FireFox.

embrik on
    "Damn you and your Daily Doubles, you brigand!"

I don't believe it - I'm on my THIRD PS3, and my FIRST XBOX360. What the heck?