Options

Ghostbusters - Out NOW! - Bustin' makes us feel good.

• Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah after beating the game I went back for an achievement that was during the Rodriguez Barmitzvah. Started zapping Slimer and realized I was back to the old proton pack. That cuts back on a quick playthrough for me. I'm probably going to treat this game as a movie and play through it all on easy when I feel like watching some Ghostbusters.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    CowShark wrote: »
    I played the first part of the game with my PKE meter out, SO MUCH, before noticing that I could see it on my dude all the time--halfway through my library visit.

Holy crap. no way

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I spent like an hour listening to the Vigo Painting in the basement.
    I still don't think I've heard all his dialog.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    agoaj wrote: »

The one about someone ruling for 8 years that's more evil than him--genius

And I'm not saying this as a dig at Obama, as the game takes place in '91, but hilarious for any president.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    agoaj wrote: »

The one about someone ruling for 8 years that's more evil than him--genius

And I'm not saying this as a dig at Obama, as the game takes place in '91, but hilarious for any president.

I like the ones about the future. They all start out with "I see what darkness? the future holds..."

You shall look back at $1.25 for gas and weep hot tears.

No flying cars... EVER!

Cobell on
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Bought this guy off Steam. For 30$ this game is fucking awesome, I'd have bought it at 40 or 50.

SJ on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This game is pretty cool, much better than I thought it would be especially after reading some of the reviews. The GiantBomb guys almost talked me into not getting it.

The feel of the gameplay, and the HUD elements being on the proton pack...well, it all reminds me a lot of Dead Space. But funny, instead of...Dead Spacey.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    HawkHawk ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well I just beat this tonight, amazing game. It's everything that a Ghostbusters fan could ask for.

I got through the last level beginning to end only dying once...guess I got lucky.

Hawk on
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    got this game

ghost catching is absolutely perfect

i could do that forever

all the actors were doing much better than i thought they would

murray doesnt seem as excited as the other three, but he still doesnt disappoint

Joolander on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Okay, need Library help.
    At the very bottom of the library, Grey Lady was grabbed by a book, I took her book, she disappeared, and now I can't get out. I've shot everything, tried to grab everything, tried sticking everything to everything else, and nothing's triggering.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    She crosses back. Not sure if you have to trigger it or what, it happened right away my first time through, but the second time it took a couple minutes of walking around scanning random things with the PKE and knocking over her book stacks.

Hevach on
  • Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Joolander wrote: »
    got this game

ghost catching is absolutely perfect

i could do that forever

all the actors were doing much better than i thought they would

murray doesnt seem as excited as the other three, but he still doesnt disappoint

"Oh god I got slimed" was brilliantly played, though.

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I watched both movies again these past 2 days. This game is so freakin' spot on.

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, I hadn't read the Giant Bomb review until now, but I think he got it pretty much spot on.
    Eventually, though, I realized that, while there were moments of amusement, there hadn't been an honest laugh in the game. The references and call-backs are relentless, but just saying "hey, remember that?" isn't inherently funny.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "Green means paranormal activity, Red means there's a hidden ghost, and Blue means a lack of sense of humor...

Wow! The blue is off the charts!"

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    And Bill Murray is always playing limbo with his voice.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So how is the Wii version?
    Some reviews have been claiming there is better level design.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Hmm, I hadn't read the Giant Bomb review until now, but I think he got it pretty much spot on.
    Eventually, though, I realized that, while there were moments of amusement, there hadn't been an honest laugh in the game. The references and call-backs are relentless, but just saying "hey, remember that?" isn't inherently funny.

The hell is he talking about? I've laughed plenty of times.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Xagarath wrote: »
    So how is the Wii version?
    Some reviews have been claiming there is better level design.

I'm liking it, blown Stay Puft apart. I can't compare it to the other versions though because I havn't played them. Levels seem pretty straightforward so far. IGN just got their video review up if you want to check that out.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, multiplayer is where this game is at for me. Money based ranking system that changes your costume with advancement? Bring on my grey-tan suit motherfuckers. I still have that action figure with that exact suit. It makes you feel like a badass ghostbuster nostalgia man.

You know what else makes you feel like a badass ghostbuster man?

When you slam dunk a named ghost by tethering him first with your slimer gun, then tying the goo tether to the capture pod. He flies right into the thing and it's fucking awesome/hilarious.

Took me a good while to figure out how the slimer gun works. If you shoot the ghost first then the ground he will rubber band into it knocking him out. If you shoot the ground then the ghost he will become "leashed" to that spot and incapable of ranged movement.

This game is so much deeper than I expected it to be. I havent even tried single player yet and I've put 10 hours at least into the game. You could even take all ghostbusters relation away from it and I would still play the crap out of it for tha thrilla bustin ghosts.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

The hell is he talking about? I've laughed plenty of times.

I'd not like myself, if I somehow couldn't enjoy this game while playing it, because it's a blast.:^:

Scotty on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This game is so ridiculously fantastic. I was ready to pull my hair out during the last level, though.
    That section with the unbreakable gate, where you need to slam angels into it. I would get killed in like two seconds, then need to sit through the loading and talking all over again. I was on the verge of dropping the game.

Does that other lion ever show up? Or did some vandals make off with it and everybody blamed ghosts?

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Handsome Costanza - You haven't even touched single player yet? Wow. I haven't touched multiplayer yet. Yay for getting our money's worth!

Scotty - Your sig is fucking hilarious.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I almost can't believe how much I've played this game since Tuesday. I didn't have a Gold XBL account so originally I went through singleplayer casually, then got all the offline achievements (except two). But then I decided I had to activate a 1-month gold trial I had to play online, and now I'm having a blast doing that.

Definitely worth the money. :)

Taximes on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Does that other lion ever show up? Or did some vandals make off with it and everybody blamed ghosts?

Considering that the other one
    explodes while your standing there and two ghosts fly out
    it's safe to assume vandals had nothing to do with it.

Hevach on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Taximes, we run pretty frequent busting groups, add my gamertag if your interested in joining up ever.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I've also laughed plenty of times at the dialogue. Maybe dry humor just isn't your thing. One of my favorite parts was...
    When the Spiderwitch appears in the elevator with you and Egon and you see Egon pressed to the back of the elevator completely scared shitless but still holding out his PKE, then when she leaves he gathers himself up and then just calmly states "Well...that was genuinely terrifying."

I beat the game last night and I've gone back this morning to the first few levels getting missed Artifacts and Scans. I must say this is without a doubt the most fun I've had playing a game in a long time. I mean I can appreciate and enjoy a quality made game with a good story but Ghostbusters was more fun to play. I've smiled more, laughed more, and truly felt like a kid again. I mean I actually feel obligated to send Akroyd and Ramis a thank you card for this game, even if they won't let me play Q*Bert.

I truly hope they can all get back together and do the voicework for some DLC areas in the future.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah the back of the 360 box says "Game-Content Download", so SOMETHING must be coming.

But...
    ...maybe there will be a sequel according to the VO in the credits!

Hawk on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hawk wrote: »
    Yeah the back of the 360 box says "Game-Content Download", so SOMETHING must be coming.

But...

I wouldn't mind if the extra DLC is more multiplayer stuff. But I'll be pretty disheartened if it's more single-player missions as I got the PC version.

Also just beat it this morning. Quite possibly one of the most fun games I've ever played. Screw the naysayers Ghostbusters is awesome.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    TOPolkTOPolk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

But...

Elaborate more please. I've already beaten the game on Wii, but maybe I (or "Wii" as a console) missed something.

TOPolk on
    http://topolk.blogspot.com
    Wii Friend Code: 8534 4083 2881 0480
    BRAWL: 4425 1130 1718
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    TOPolk wrote: »

But...

Elaborate more please. I've already beaten the game on Wii, but maybe I (or "Wii" as a console) missed something.
    During the credits, there's a voice-over in which the Ghostbusters offer the rookie an opportunity to open a new franchise in a different city.

Taximes on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My only complaint with the dialog is some of the stuff that gets said during battles. They sound so eye-rollingly lame. "I got covered in marshmallow minion goo!"

lame.

the rest of the game was badass, and all dialog outside of battles was pretty good.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    TOPolkTOPolk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Taximes wrote: »
    TOPolk wrote: »

But...

During the credits, there's a voice-over in which the Ghostbusters offer the rookie an opportunity to open a new franchise in a different city.
    OK, thanks. Wii owners got that clip as well, but it was done as a cut scene after the "proper ending" but before the credits rolled.

TOPolk on
    http://topolk.blogspot.com
    Wii Friend Code: 8534 4083 2881 0480
    BRAWL: 4425 1130 1718
  • Options
    Orochi_RockmanOrochi_Rockman __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009

But...

No, that tag is there as long as there is anything to download period. The bonus suits that you got for pre-ordering the game at various places count. Not to mention any Gamer Tag icons or background themes.

Orochi_Rockman on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dear last boss (I assume),

Please stop fucking frustrating me. My A.I. partners are dumb fucks.

Love,

Fuck You

P.S. When 2 Ghosbusters are still alive, it is apparently unreasonable to think they will revive you. This is one fucking frustrating part.
    WE EAT GODS FOR BREAKFAST MOTHER FUCKER!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Dear last boss (I assume),

Please stop fucking frustrating me. My A.I. partners are dumb fucks.

Love,

Fuck You

P.S. When 2 Ghosbusters are still alive, it is apparently unreasonable to think they will revive you. This is one fucking frustrating part.
    WE EAT GODS FOR BREAKFAST MOTHER FUCKER!

The ghostbuster AI is the one flaw in what is otherwise perfection.

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hey I just downloaded the latest nvidia drivers and my performance issues disappeared. It even improved the load times.

Ceno on
  • Options
    FrostyFrosty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just started playing my copy today, and I'm already having trouble at the part where you're following Pappy Sargassi. The sconces start coming alive from the walls, and I can only seem to kill the first one. After that, I turn the corner and just get swarmed by like 5 of them and I can't do anything except backpedal and die.

Am I doing something wrong?

Frosty on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I only died once in the last level, on Experienced, so who knows.

Also about the last cutscene
    Peter moving out of the way so Ilyssa gets slimed is quite possibly the best part.

Hawk on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Frosty wrote: »
    I just started playing my copy today, and I'm already having trouble at the part where you're following Pappy Sargassi. The sconces start coming alive from the walls, and I can only seem to kill the first one. After that, I turn the corner and just get swarmed by like 5 of them and I can't do anything except backpedal and die.

Am I doing something wrong?

Just run back to the elevators, put yourself in a corner, and zap the shit out of them until they are dead.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.