As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star[chat]

• Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No!

Multi-colored lights! Lots of 'em! I want them blinking! Blinking, and laid across fake wreaths and leaves!

And they must be the big bulb kind!

This is Christmas!

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    why would i need a kryptonite condom

that doesn't even make sense

Not a big movie person?
    I don't really like Kevin Smith movies I don't think

Kevin Smith himself is hilarious... his movies... eh

Elendil on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Zimmydoom is a worse bowler than Barack Obama.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I've seen Mall Rats all of once I think

Medopine on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »

Maybe he's concerned about friction issues? But honestly I have a hard time imagining you not being on top.

And believe me, I've tried.

OVER THE LINE

MARK IT ZERO

You're right, there is a fine line between creepy funny and creepy disrespectful.

But at least I'm not Drez.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    SpeakerSpeaker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I've just realized I made a terrible mistake and should've married Thanatos, not Quid.

D:
    Is he opposed to multicolored Christmas lights, as all well-born men should be

I do not know! But he's more clever than Quid is.

Well, I guess I could say that about a lot of things.

Isn't it odd the people we end up marrying? An entire life of sexual depravity and I marry a guy who has trouble with sex more than once a week. Life is strange.

I married a guy who likes tacky, blinking, multicolored lights at Christmas. I'm disgusted with myself.

Maybe you should educate your tastes.

Everyone knows that the vegas tree is the best tree.

Speaker on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008

Not a big movie person?

Mallrats is his best movie. Have you ever even seen it?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Alecthar wrote: »
    I married a guy who likes tacky, blinking, multicolored lights at Christmas. I'm disgusted with myself.

Blinking isn't so bad. The multicolored... ehn. I prefer white, blue, or green lights, but sometimes the multicolored ones can be ok.

Or should I say 'As well you should be! Shame, shame!' instead? The funny business kinda goes downhill when you're having a serious theology discussion via GTalk.

Did you just plug your theo discussion in [chat]? Is that some kind of hint or something?

Considering it's a discussion going on between me and my father, in private, via GTalk, no. I just wanted to make up for the fact that I wasn't very funny in my response to Rad. :P

Passerbye on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    No!

Multi-colored lights! Lots of 'em! I want them blinking! Blinking, and laid across fake wreaths and leaves!

And they must be the big bulb kind!

This is Christmas!

ITT JamesKeenan inadvertently reveals that his girlfriend is his first cousin by asserting his Christmas lighting preferences.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Not a big movie person?

I've seen Dogma and Clerks 2

Elendil on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Blinking isn't so bad. The multicolored... ehn. I prefer white, blue, or green lights, but sometimes the multicolored ones can be ok.

Or should I say 'As well you should be! Shame, shame!' instead? The funny business kinda goes downhill when you're having a serious theology discussion via GTalk.

Did you just plug your theo discussion in [chat]? Is that some kind of hint or something?

Considering it's a discussion going on between me and my father, in private, via GTalk, no. I just wanted to make up for the fact that I wasn't very funny in my response to Rad. :P

I agree with your father. He seems like a froody guy who knows where his towel is.

Unless it relates to abortion. Then I have no opinion.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Woohoo, Google Chrome is back in action.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Not a big movie person?

The original Clerks is actually quite overrated, I think. Mallrats really was the quintessential Kevin Smith movie.

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Maybe he's concerned about friction issues? But honestly I have a hard time imagining you not being on top.

And believe me, I've tried.

OVER THE LINE

MARK IT ZERO

You're right, there is a fine line between creepy funny and creepy disrespectful.

But at least I'm not Drez.

You had me at "I'm not Drez".

Alecthar on
  • Options
    PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I agree with your father. He seems like a froody guy who knows where his towel is.

And now Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe. <3<3<3

You're so cool.

Edit: Do I detect a hint of Clockwork Orange, or is that "froody" thrown in just for fun?

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I had a book propped up against my moniter. I'm doing homework and I'm reading the next assignment.

So I'm cross-legged in my computer chair, one hand in my lap (:winky: not really) and one hand on the mouse. Because at my desk, "right hand on mouse" is the comfortable, natural position.

So anyway, I get to the bottom of the page, and I start scrolling with the mousewheel to read more.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
    Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
    But as sure as God made black and white
    What's down in the dark will be brought to the light

You can run on for a long time
    Run on for a long time
    Run on for a long time
    Sooner or later God'll cut you down
    Sooner or later God'll cut you down
    :whistle:

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Not a big movie person?

Clerks 2 is terrible. Dogma is good. But Mallrats really is the best. Seriously. Give it a shot. You won't be disappointed.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I think it's kind of weird how I can be genuinely excited to be using my preferred browser of choice again instead of something else.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    That santa hat is glorious.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had a book propped up against my moniter. I'm doing homework and I'm reading the next assignment.

So I'm cross-legged in my computer chair, one hand in my lap (:winky: not really) and one hand on the mouse. Because at my desk, "right hand on mouse" is the comfortable, natural position.

So anyway, I get to the bottom of the page, and I start scrolling with the mousewheel to read more.

And?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Not a big movie person?

The original Clerks is actually quite overrated, I think. Mallrats really was the quintessential Kevin Smith movie.

Clerks is funny, but not as funny as Mallrats. Dogma is hilarious, but it sometimes uses it's characters as obvious mouthpieces for ideology. It's not that I object to the ideology, but it's not good movie-fu to use dialogue as an opportunity to have a character soliloquize about what the right idea of God is or whatnot.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Speaker wrote: »
    I've just realized I made a terrible mistake and should've married Thanatos, not Quid.

D:
    Is he opposed to multicolored Christmas lights, as all well-born men should be

I do not know! But he's more clever than Quid is.

Well, I guess I could say that about a lot of things.

Isn't it odd the people we end up marrying? An entire life of sexual depravity and I marry a guy who has trouble with sex more than once a week. Life is strange.

Maybe you should educate your tastes.

Everyone knows that the vegas tree is the best tree.

MULTICOLORED BLINKING LIGHTS HANGING ON THE OUTSIDES OF HOMES OR ON WINDOWS SHOULD BE LEFT IN THE SOUTH AND SLOWLY ERASED FROM THOSE STATES AS WELL.

If the Vegas tree refers to some famous tree in Vegas I know nothing of, well, Vegas can have it. It's VEGAS. The colored lights are more acceptable on trees. But not. On. Homes.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Elldren wrote: »

And?

He tried to use his scrollwheel to move the text on his book.

IT'S FUNNY.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

And?

The book refused to turn pages.

And I've done it once more since posting that, too.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

You're so cool.

Edit: Do I detect a hint of Clockwork Orange, or is that "froody" thrown in just for fun?

Froody was from Hitchhikers. It may have also appeared in Clockwork Orange, I don't know, but it was definitely used in Hitchhikers.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    man I want a new phone

does anyone know anyone that has the google phone

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

You're so cool.

Froody was from Hitchhikers. It may have also appeared in Clockwork Orange, I don't know, but it was definitely used in Hitchhikers.

Well, ok then. I was going to give you extra cool points, but I guess not. Still, quoting the Guide is nifty enough.

Which reminds me, I should probably get around to reading that book you sent me.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

MULTICOLORED BLINKING LIGHTS HANGING ON THE OUTSIDES OF HOMES OR ON WINDOWS SHOULD BE LEFT IN THE SOUTH AND SLOWLY ERASED FROM THOSE STATES AS WELL.

Multicolored blinky lights are especially hilarious in Florida, as it never really feels like Christmas here.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

You're so cool.

Well, ok then. I was going to give you extra cool points, but I guess not. Still, quoting the Guide is nifty enough.

Which reminds me, I should probably get around to reading that book you sent me.

Wasn't it zwei bucher? Because I meant to send 2.

Edit: I say this because I did mean to send 2 and would be distressed to find that I'd screwed up and only sent one.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Pft, Google phone. Google phone isn't on my network, I don't care about you, Google phone.

Although I'd like to be able to try installing the OS on my phone.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I like the Corona commercial that has the guy that goes out and turn on the lights on the palm tree

lights are awesome and I wish I had a house to hang them on

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sarksus wrote: »

And?

He tried to use his scrollwheel to move the text on his book.

IT'S FUNNY.

Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm not mean. :cry:

ORLY?

Cinders wrote: »

Multicolored blinky lights are especially hilarious in Florida, as it never really feels like Christmas here.

Not entirely true.

One time my car totally frosted over.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Truth.

Edit: Once the grass got frosted over and crunched when I walked on it when I lived there.

radroadkill on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

You're so cool.

Wasn't it zwei bucher? Because I meant to send 2.

A Mankind Witch and The Shadow of the Lion. Two books, not one. Sorry.

Passerbye on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I'M NOT MEAN.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fuck you and your cold Christmases. Hot sunny Christmas 4 lyfe.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2008

Truth.

Edit: Once the grass got frosted over and crunched when I walked on it when I lived there.

Fuck you. Just fuck you.

I live in fucking Massachusetts. We pray that it's frosted over in the morning and not 6" deep in the powder.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I like the Corona commercial that has the guy that goes out and turn on the lights on the palm tree

lights are awesome and I wish I had a house to hang them on

Again I find myself agreeing with you. I think I'm finally getting used to it. :D

Passerbye on
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    man I want a new phone

does anyone know anyone that has the google phone
    The T1? That hasn’t gotten great reviews, I think.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
This discussion has been closed.