As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad pixels on my tv

glithertglithert Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
There's a big blue line on the left side of my HDTV (LCD).
I want to get rid of it.
I tried the methods listed in this article, but none of them worked.
I tried plugging the tv into my pc so that I could try the Jscreenfix thingy they mentioned, but all that gets me is a "format not supported" message.

What should I try next?

glithert on

• RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Have you tried adjusting your screen size (e.g. from "Just Scan" to "16:9")? Some signals, especially some broadcast stations, have a lot of crap on one edge of the signal, and they just assume the TV's overscan will keep it from showing. If you have your TV set to not display overscan, you may see a line of pixels at the far edge that don't change, or flash weird colors.

A big blue line doesn't sound like bad pixels, in any case, it sounds like a signal problem. Is it happening with everything? Have you tried a different cable?

RUNN1NGMAN on
  • glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    RUNN1NGMAN wrote: »
    Have you tried adjusting your screen size (e.g. from "Just Scan" to "16:9")? Some signals, especially some broadcast stations, have a lot of crap on one edge of the signal, and they just assume the TV's overscan will keep it from showing. If you have your TV set to not display overscan, you may see a line of pixels at the far edge that don't change, or flash weird colors.

A big blue line doesn't sound like bad pixels, in any case, it sounds like a signal problem. Is it happening with everything? Have you tried a different cable?

It's about 3/4th of the way in, from the right. It's big in the vertical sense, but it's only 1 pixel (I think) wide. It shows up all the time, no matter what you're doing.

glithert on