As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Acoustic guitar songs for make sexy time..

4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Title says it all but I'll restate the obvious:

I need to learn acoustic guitar songs that are easy enough for a semi-newb to play and sing and will also make girls want to make a sexy time with me.

Coldplay - Yellow
Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees
Foo Fighters - Everlong (acoustic version obviously)
Matthew Good - Apparitions

..that kind of stuff. Sad but dreamy.

..I want to impress my girlfriend who told me NOT to sing to her while playing guitar because usually guys suck at it. I don't care about the sucking part.

4rch3nemy on

• Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah, those are good. Work on them? Or do you want suggestions for other songs?

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Suggestions!

I'll also work on these, though..

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    MishraMishra Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mr. Jones - Counting Crows
    Save Tonight - Eagle Eye Cherry

They're a little tricky rhythmically to play them correctly but pretty simple to play them recognizably.

Mishra on
    "Give a man a fire, he's warm for the night. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life."
    -Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    I sang Yesterday, Blackbird, and a song called Maggie by Colin Hay about twenty minutes before my first threesome.

Your results may vary.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hey there delilah is like the easiest song on earth to learn for that purpose.

For the humor/romance effect, another easy one is "every rose has it's thorn" by Poison

um.. An easy thing to learn that would help you get better at guitar and be impressive is the basic 12 bar blues, or any of the associated riffs. You can put your own words to it and sound pretty good. Look up some tabs from the songs from Black Snake Moan for more examples.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    BalgairBalgair Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    John Mayer's cover of Message in a Bottle. I don't know why, but women fucking love it. It's a guaranteed success...if you can play it. It's not particularly difficult, but many of the chords involved require a 5-fret finger stretch, which takes some getting used to.

Here.

EDIT: Forgot to warn--Don't ever learn, listen to, or speak of Hey There Delilah. I don't even know where to begin when explaining why..so just don't do it.

Balgair on
    XBL:VOS THE VARG
  • Options
    Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Not that hard:

Stellar - Incubus
    5 Days in May - Blue Rodeo
    Wheat Kings - Tragically Hip
    Past and Pending - The Shins
    Your Rocky Spine - Great Lake Swimmers

Bryse Eayo on
  • Options
    SpeakeasySpeakeasy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If Stranger than Fiction is anything to go by, then Whole Wide World by Wreckless Eric.

I did a shit cover of Sometimes by My Bloody Valentine (since I know little about playing) and it worked...YRMV.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    You have to check out Hey Ya by Obidiah Parker. My wife has been getting wet daily to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZFj_o1n6WE

The other fun on is Whole Wide World by Wreckless Eric. I had written this off many years ago until I heard Will Ferrell rock it to Maggie Gyllenhaal. We danced to this at our wedding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAKEeYmUus

Edit: Damn you Speakeasy!

meeker on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    These are some picks from stuff that I like to play, not all of which is super romantic. But generally the acoustic versions sound nice and I'm pretty sure playing anything that sounds good on a guitar instantly turns you into a sex god. Also I'm not a great guitarist so you should probably be okay with all of them.

Arcade Fire - Neighbourhood 4 (7 Kettles)
    Ben Harper - I Shall Not Walk Alone, Power Of The Gospel, Widow Of A Living Man
    Death Cab For Cutie - A Lack Of Color*, Passenger Seat*, Steadier Footing, Summer Skin*, Transatlantacism*, I Will Follow You Into The Dark*** (I can't * this hard enough)
    Elton John - Tiny Dancer*
    Filter - Take A Picture
    Fly My Pretties - Catch The Light (couldn't find a youtube link for this, but it's an amazing acoustic song)
    J Mascis & The Fog - If That's How It's Gotta Be
    Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah*
    Johnny Cash - Hurt (NIN cover)
    Neil Young - Needle And The Damage Done
    Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Lastnight (can't remember who did this originally), The Man Who Sold The World (David Bowie cover)
    Pearl Jam - Nothing Man, Better Man, Given To Fly, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In a Small Town
    Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
    PJ Harvey - Good Fortune
    Radiohead - High And Dry, Killer Cars
    Replacements - Androgynous (piano, but sounds good on a guitar)
    Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, Blank Page (piano), Cherub Rock (acoustic version is fantastic), Dancing In The Moonlight* (Thin Lizzy cover), Disarm, Spaceboy, Stumbleine*, Thirty Three, To Sheila*, Tonight Tonight, We Only Come Out At Night
    Thrice - A Song For Milly Michaelson*, Digging My Own Grave, Stare At The Sun
    Trinity Roots - Little Things* (so good I have to link it since most people haven't heard it)
    youtube link
    And I had a bit of trouble finding a tab for it so try this:
    Sorry, I made some transcripting errors in the last version,
    I played the song right, but I transcribed it wrong.

Band: Trinity Roots v2.0 (woo Kiwi music!)
    Album: True
    Song: Little Things 

Tabbed by: J Montagu
    Email: drover_ AT hotmail.com

Standard tuning

Let ring...

::Verse::						   		 

e|-----------------|-----------------|-----------4-----|-------------------|
    b|-----1---------3-|-----4-------4---|-------4-----4---|-------4-----------|
    g|-------------3---|-----------5---5-|----(6)--6-------|-----6-------------|
    D|---3-3-----5-----|---6-6-----------|---6-----------6-|---6---------------|
    A|-----------------|---------3---3---|-4-----4---------|-4------3/4-3------|
    E|-1-----1-3-------|-4-----4---------|-----------------|--------------6-4/-|

Second time (minor changes):

e|-----------------|-----------------|-----------4-----|-------------------|
    b|-----1-------3---|-----4-------4---|-------4-----4---|-------4-----------|
    g|-----------------|-----------5---5-|----(6)--6-------|-----6-------------|
    D|---3-3-----5-5---|---6-6-----------|---6-------------|---6---------------|
    A|-----------------|---------3---3---|-4-----4---------|-4------3/4-3------|
    E|-1-----1-3-----3-|-4-----4---------|-----------------|--------------6-4/-|

(Repeat between both until Chorus)

::Chorus::

e|-----------------|-----------------|
    b|-----1-------3---|-----4-------3---|
    g|-----------------|-----------------| Repeat lots then back to ::Verse::
    D|---3---3---5---5-|---6-6-----5---5-|
    A|-----------------|-----------------|
    E|-1-------3-------|-4-----4-3-------|

Please please please check in mine eyes
    For I and I have nothing to hide
    As I wipe the slate clean, share this with you
    Take on my own, the pain of your soul

It's the little things
    That really matter

These fine fine lines, make for trying times
    And trying times, make you strong
    You take your strength, pass it around
    Pass it around, and then move on

The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work, Sonnet
    Verve Pipe - Freshmen

Okay. I'm sorry that list got so long. All of those songs are fantastic acoustic songs, but I *'d the really good/more appropriate stuff for you. So at least have a listen to those if you haven't heard them before.

exis on
  • Options
    blakfeldblakfeld Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Wicked Game by Chris Isaak has gotten me considerable amounts of action if you can hit those high notes.

blakfeld on
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you want to surprise

Accoustic cover of Gnarls barkley's Crazy by some belgian kid.

Edit:
    It may just look like attempt to promote music coming from my country, But this accoustic 50-cent cover is all about sexytime:
    Milow - Ayo technology

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    argh, having sex to fake plastic trees? Or High and Dry, a song with clearly enunciated lyrics that say "You just sit there wishing you could still make love"?

House of Cards is technically acoustic, and way more sexy than the former two, and doesn't have lyrics as jarring, although it's definitely not lyrically appropriate for sex, not much or Radiohead is...

Sam on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Sam wrote: »
    argh, having sex to fake plastic trees? Or High and Dry, a song with clearly enunciated lyrics that say "You just sit there wishing you could still make love"?

House of Cards is technically acoustic, and way more sexy than the former two, and doesn't have lyrics as jarring, although it's definitely not lyrically appropriate for sex, not much or Radiohead is...

The only one I can think of that works.

True Love Waits

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Not sure these are exactly what you're looking for, but a coupel of Live songs come to mind. Dance With You (not accoustic but I think it would translate to an accoustic guitar quite well sound wise), and The River. Lightning Crashes could be put to accoustic, but I highly doubt thats the sort of mood you're going for.
    Alice Cooper - You and Me, Bif Naked - Lucky, Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) (More of a 'if she likes the song' suggestion I guess), W.A.S.P. - Hold On To My Heart.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    blakfeld wrote: »
    Wicked Game by Chris Isaak has gotten me considerable amounts of action if you can hit those high notes.

Blue Spanish Sky is also pretty cool.

edit: Charlene (I'm Right Behind You) by Stephen and the Colberts is another good one.

Rook on
  • Options
    Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Anthony Green- She loves me so

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My GF melts whenever I play anything by Glen Hansard acoustic. Pretty much the whole soundtrack to "Once".

Having said that, if you delibirately try to play guitar to get loving you'll come off as a douche.

edit: That John Mayer cover of Message in a Bottle is awesome.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I had a friend in college who would play simple classical riffs and recite french poetry. Very powerful stuff.

oldsak on
  • Options
    wasted pixelswasted pixels Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    wasted pixels on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Johnny Cash - The Wall

Dylan - The Man in Me (I just play it in A because G# is stupid to sing in and I hate it), Don't Think Twice, Simple Twist of Fate (be careful with these last two)

Paul Westmoreland - Detour

Traditional - Big Rock Candy Mountain

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Outkast - Hey Ya

Get a capo, place it on the fourth fret. IIRC, it's something like F C Dm G or some variation there of.

Panties will disappear.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

..I want to impress my girlfriend who told me NOT to sing to her while playing guitar because usually guys suck at it. I don't care about the sucking part.

Anyone else see a problem with this route of seduction on said girlfriend?

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The song Babylon, David Grey I think. What my roommate used freshman year to get inside many a skirt

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    shutzshutz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Balgair wrote: »
    John Mayer's cover of Message in a Bottle. I don't know why, but women fucking love it. It's a guaranteed success...if you can play it. It's not particularly difficult, but many of the chords involved require a 5-fret finger stretch, which takes some getting used to.

Here.

I like this version better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBbIq2atrw

Sent chills down my spine the first time I heard it, and it still does.

shutz on
    Creativity begets criticism.
    Check out my new blog: http://50wordstories.ca
    Also check out my old game design blog: http://stealmygamedesigns.blogspot.com
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
  • Options
    shutzshutz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If your girlfriend thinks that you're likely to suck when trying to play and sing all at once, you could try to find some nice, sad guitar instrumentals to impress her with.

The only one I can think of is "Junk" by Paul McCartney. There's a version with vocals, and an instrumental version, but now that I've checked Youtube, all the versions I can find involve a second guitar, harmonizing with the first one, or full-band versions that include a bass and a piano. Still, I'm fairly sure it can be arranged to sound really good on just one acoustic guitar, as there seems to be a bunch of covers by others on Youtube that purport to teach you how to play it.

The main drawback that I can see is that, while it's a slow tune, it still looks fairly hard to play, but that might just be my own shortcomings (I have trouble with complex strumming / picking patterns, and generally tend to stick to just simple chords and strumming...)

shutz on
    Creativity begets criticism.
    Check out my new blog: http://50wordstories.ca
    Also check out my old game design blog: http://stealmygamedesigns.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Namel3ss wrote: »

Anyone else see a problem with this route of seduction on said girlfriend?

Not really...if you think you are good at singing, then impress her twice as much. However, if you do suck, then pass on it, as she will just tune you out because of it.

Speakeasy on
    smokeco3.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    EriosErios Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Check out the alblum "Unplugged" my Mama, a spanish-speaking band. It's basically acoustic sex.

Erios on
    Steam: erios23, Live: Coconut Flavor, Origin: erios2386.
  • Options
    aaronsedgeaaronsedge __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Disney songs. No joke. Play can you feel the love tonight and they go crazy.

Also The postal service is pretty easy stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmaEYrmrY4I

can you feel the love chords-

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/e/elton_john/can_you_feel_the_love_tonight_ver5_crd.htm

aaronsedge on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Munch wrote: »
    Only if there are some tig ol' bitties on the cover know'm sayin'?
  • Options
    pinenut_canarypinenut_canary Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Rest of My Life by Unwritten Law

pinenut_canary on
  • Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

The only reason I enjoyed it when my ex played and sang for me was because he was an incredibly talented musician who wrote songs for me. Someone banging out a terrible cover would not impress.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=xoQKxaHZbkk
    Dave Matthews - So Damn Lucky

You may need more fingers, though, I don't know how good you are.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Sometimes by my bloody valentine is amazing. Amazing I say!

God I hate John Mayer
    He's just so much better than I'll ever be

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    Toxin01Toxin01 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuA3mDHEbTk

Inevitable - Anberlin

Yes that will work nicely.

Toxin01 on
    Aiden Baail: Level 1 Swordmage: 19 AC 14 Fort 15 Ref 13 Will (Curse Of The Black Pearls)
    GM: Rusty Chains (DH Ongoing)
  • Options
    Joe ChemoJoe Chemo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    The Moldy Peaches have some nice simple songs --

watch?v=BFff-FekFWU&feature=related

I'm going to include Jorge Regula because it's an awesome song, not because I expect you to play it solo =)

watch?v=9mo5ehG8xZw

Joe Chemo on
  • Options
    CymrilCymril Son, we just crossed the street. Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    exis wrote: »
    These are some picks from stuff that I like to play, not all of which is super romantic. But generally the acoustic versions sound nice and I'm pretty sure playing anything that sounds good on a guitar instantly turns you into a sex god. Also I'm not a great guitarist so you should probably be okay with all of them.

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah*

Okay. I'm sorry that list got so long. All of those songs are fantastic acoustic songs, but I *'d the really good/more appropriate stuff for you. So at least have a listen to those if you haven't heard them before.

This is actually the second time I've posted this video today, and I'm going to keep doing it because Jeff Buckely is that amazing.

Jeff Buckely - Hallelujah

Cymril on
    Shut up Francis. Something about Vietnam. Horseshit.

D3: Cymril#1411 || League of Legends/Steam/Xbox/Origin: Cymril
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I really appreciate all the suggests guys..

I'm going through the whole list slowly and I'll let you know which 5 or so I'm going to dedicate myself to.

I learned Spanish Romance (instrumental classical guitar song.. very pretty) on a suggestion from a friend.
    Also interesting will be the results. I will let everyone know what happens. Won't be for a couple weeks at least.

4rch3nemy on