Hair Falls Off My Body, and Sometimes There is [Chat]

• Options
    ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Res wrote: »
    My favorite person is probably leaving for school right about now. Hurrying along to giggle away her class time with whatever eurofag she decided a short-term fling with was worth eviscerating our three-year relationship over.

Emo cat is emoooooooooo

OH MAN

What could possibly have made her ignore a catch like you?

Maybe she missed Res' clever signals that didn't look like signals except to a girl who was looking for signals.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Drez wrote: »
    MikeMan is clearly Batman.

No, he's MikeMan.

MikeMan, MikeMan
    Doin all the things a MikeMan can
    Spins a web any size
    something something something
    MIKEMAN!
    mmmmmyes

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    stilist wrote: »
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Quick, [chat], difference between a harpsichord and a piano!

(Extra points for a small note about etymology in your answer)
    A harpsichord doesn’t have hammers, right?

I do know piano comes from pianofortissimo, which means loud/quiet (or possibly the reverse).

Hmm, according to wikipedia:
    The word piano is a shortened form of the word pianoforte, which is seldom used except in formal language and derived from the original Italian name for the instrument, clavicembalo [or gravicembalo] col piano e forte (literally harpsichord with soft and loud). This refers to the instrument's responsiveness to keyboard touch, which allows the pianist to produce notes at different dynamic levels by controlling the speed with which the hammers hit the strings.

James on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    A harpsichord has a mechanism which plucks the strings, IIRC.

A piano hits them.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I don't really care for the Joker-only posters. Then again, I'm a Harvey Dent fanboy.

the new DA in the county I'm working in sorta looks like Harvey Dent to me

like if harvey dent grew his hair and beard out

he just won an election this year

it's uncanny

to me anyway

1212meth_bovett.jpg

Medopine on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I don't really care for the Joker-only posters. Then again, I'm a Harvey Dent fanboy.

the new DA in the county I'm working in sorta looks like Harvey Dent to me

like if harvey dent grew his hair and beard out

he just won an election this year

it's uncanny

to me anyway

1212meth_bovett.jpg

If there's anything that screams 'go get em tiger!' it's a bowl cut.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    stiliststilist Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    My troubles? You could say that I'm feeling more or less "in need of inspiration". I desire a muse. Someone to whom I could dedicate myself with fervor. Someone to, perhaps, love.

I want to feel wanted, desired. I want to be someone's mutual addiction.

This is all terribly sappy and the feeling waxes and wanes like the tides. I'm already feeling a bit silly for saying all of this, but I don't think it's going to go away.
    Better than not saying anything and just sitting on it.

My issue in life right now is that I feel like I’m just a leech on society, always taking and never giving anything back. I don’t know how to fix my problem either.

stilist on
    I poop things on my site and twitter
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ON DAT DANK WEED

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    James wrote: »
    Quick, [chat], difference between a harpsichord and a piano!

(Extra points for a small note about etymology in your answer)
    A harpsichord doesn’t have hammers, right?

I do know piano comes from pianofortissimo, which means loud/quiet (or possibly the reverse).
    Hmm, according to wikipedia:
    The word piano is a shortened form of the word pianoforte, which is seldom used except in formal language and derived from the original Italian name for the instrument, clavicembalo [or gravicembalo] col piano e forte (literally harpsichord with soft and loud). This refers to the instrument's responsiveness to keyboard touch, which allows the pianist to produce notes at different dynamic levels by controlling the speed with which the hammers hit the strings.
    Hum, close enough. :P

stilist on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    My troubles? You could say that I'm feeling more or less "in need of inspiration". I desire a muse. Someone to whom I could dedicate myself with fervor. Someone to, perhaps, love.

This is all terribly sappy and the feeling waxes and wanes like the tides. I'm already feeling a bit silly for saying all of this, but I don't think it's going to go away.

My issue in life right now is that I feel like I’m just a leech on society, always taking and never giving anything back. I don’t know how to fix my problem either.
    you could give of yourself sexually to me in exchange for nothing

MikeMan on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I wish I didn't feel so empty all the time.

That is all.
    So, uh… not to distract, but are you named after the cult or the band?

Ps: Talk out your troubles.

Apologies for the late reply. I was feeling down so I buried myself in a book (Choke, by Chuck Palahniuk, in case you're wondering) for an hour or so before returning to the PC.

I'm named after the cult/subject of Roman worship.

It's not. Poetism is like autism. It's a neurological defect that never fully goes away. However, it does have something approaching a cure, even in post-adolescence (as sometimes poetism is not caught in childhood where it can be expunged through beatings or other forms of parental guidance). Hardcore alcoholism and adherence to a sports-watching regimen will erase any and all lofty literary desires from your heart and mind. Begin and end each day with a shot of Jack Daniels and wash away that inky misery that your mind tries to impose on you. Think only of sports statistics, players, and teams; think of how many RBIs so-and-so hit and how much average running game a particular team had in a particular game. And so on. Divest yourself of any wordy endeavor. Challenge yourself to use no multisyllabic words. Fetter the mind so it no longer hunts for that which it wants: You control it, now, and let it know its place as slave to the flesh instead of flesh being slave to it.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Guys I need to buy an old-fashioned flip alarm clock, with the flippy numbers. They must still make them.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Proto wrote: »

Thanks. I happen to like those.

Maybe we should do a Secret Sandy Satan in June.

Drez on
  • Options
    ResRes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    My favorite person is probably leaving for school right about now. Hurrying along to giggle away her class time with whatever eurofag she decided a short-term fling with was worth eviscerating our three-year relationship over.

Emo cat is emoooooooooo

OH MAN

Scholarship to study in Europe for one year. Made it four months before some German assmunch apparently gave her his phone number and she decided she was going to just go out with him and forget about me. She didn't even have to really break up with me; our only line of communication was Skype, so she just blocked me on there and proceeded to whore herself out to someone she'll most definitely turn her back on just as easily, secure in her knowledge that when she gets back here I'll be away at college and she can get some fucking jock to take her to prom like she was always bitching at me to, thus allowing her to screw me over while never ever having to actually talk to me about it.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    you could volunteer somewhere stilist

Medopine on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Emo cat is emoooooooooo

OH MAN

wait. res wasn't dating this girl?

edit: ahh.

Proto on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

Emo cat is emoooooooooo

OH MAN

I love you.

Let's go to a quiet forum and fuck like bunnies.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »

you could give of yourself sexually to me in exchange for nothing
    That is one option.

stilist on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    you could volunteer somewhere stilist
    I suppose. I really ought to get a job first.

stilist on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Swedish Fish are pretty wonderful.

Easily the best fish.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Emo cat is emoooooooooo

OH MAN

Maybe she missed Res' clever signals that didn't look like signals except to a girl who was looking for signals.

The irony here is that in our relationship I was never the one with a fear of confrontation.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    My problem is that I don't look like a model and I don't care because I've never actually met anyone that doesn't bore the shit out of me after a short while. Like I would make an honest effort to slim down or something if I thought that maybe someone out there in the world could ever match up to the amazing person I am but nobody can. I'm in my own little world of amazingness and I look around, eye-level, and see no one. I see nothing. It is desolation. It is emptiness. It is a world forlorn, forgotten, barren. It is just I. I am King. I am God. I am ALL. And that is the problem, isn't it? I will not fuck my way to happiness by lowering myself to a world that is not and will never be equal to me. But I will eat its cheeseburgers, which placates me at least for a while.

Drez on
  • Options
    Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

You could produce art, or literature. Expressing your creativity is so much more valuable to society than working in some dead end job, despite how some choose to characterize art as trivial.

That's assuming that you follow my line of thinking.

Sol Invictus on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

A piano hits them.

Oh man, I read the bottom part first and I was like "damn, that setup makes no sense with that punchline".

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2008

You could produce art, or literature. Expressing your creativity is so much more valuable to society than working in some dead end job, despite how some choose to characterize art as trivial.

I’ve been thinking about it, but I don’t feel like I’m a creative person. I kind of wish I were a writer, but I’m bad at writing and have no motivation to improve.

And so I continue to float.

stilist on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Emo cat is emoooooooooo

OH MAN

The irony here is that in our relationship I was never the one with a fear of confrontation.

If after your relationship is over, you're crudely insulting the other person and everyone they associate with, it is a good thing your relationship is over.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited December 2008

A piano hits them.

Oh man, I read the bottom part first and I was like "damn, that setup makes no sense with that punchline".
    hahahaha, that's really funny

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

I’ve been thinking about it, but I don’t feel like I’m a creative person. I kind of wish I were a writer, but I’m bad at writing and have no motivation to improve.

And so I continue to float.
    i've seen your photography

it's really good.

pursue that

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Emo cat is emoooooooooo

OH MAN

If after your relationship is over, you're crudely insulting the other person and everyone they associate with, it is a good thing your relationship is over.

Clearly.

Though, the guy she decided to cheat on me with is hardly "everyone they associate with."

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2008

Emo cat is emoooooooooo

OH MAN

Clearly.

Though, the guy she decided to cheat on me with is hardly "everyone they associate with."

So you had a long-distance relationship with this girl that involved sex before she went to school in Germany?

Because it seems like most people here are under the impression that this girl was just a friend. But you're saying she cheated on you. So I assume you had some kind of long-distance relationship thing?

Drez on
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Is there a better trivia video game than You Don't Know Jack?

I assert that there is not.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    guys what... http://vimeo.com/2501839
    black dynamite trailer

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2008

You Don't Know Jill, NC-17 Edition?

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    What? No. We started dating when we were in the 9th/10th grades. We've been dating since then. Then she applied for this scholarship.

Res on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Man, pretty much every person that hangs out in [chat] is either way smarter, way more creative, way funnier, wittier, clever, you fucking name it, than me.

I'm tired of all you talented, self-deprecating, fucks coming in here whining about how much you suck. Chances are, you're pretty awesome. At least more than most people. So cut out all the loathing out already.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Incenjucar wrote: »

You Don't Know Jill, NC-17 Edition?

Pathetic. I expect better, flameheaded jew, get with the program, your people are supposed to be the funny ones.

Alecthar on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Anyhow, I’m off to bed. Cheers, dudes.

Sol: Hope you can find your way through.

stilist on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    What? No. We started dating when we were in the 9th/10th grades. We've been dating since then. Then she applied for this scholarship.

How long in years has that been? Also, what a bitch.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Man, pretty much every person that hangs out in [chat] is either way smarter, way more creative, way funnier, wittier, clever, you fucking name it, than me.

I'm tired of all you talented, self-deprecating, fucks coming in here whining about how much you suck. Chances are, you're pretty awesome. At least more than most people. So cut out all the loathing out already.

better looking too.

Proto on
This discussion has been closed.