As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Urinary Track Infection Returns[Update 1 of 2]

HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I got UTI, I went to the doctor with test its nothing serious like diabetes or prostate. I never had pain or discomfort peeing just happened a lot. I got my meds and my symptoms calmed down but not fully cured. Yesterday I finished my meds and my symptoms came back now with stomach pain. I am seeing the doctor on Saturday and I have few questions.

1. What should I note down before seeing doctor? I notice I started having stomach pains but is there something else I should note?

2. What can I eat or do to calm my peeing for tomorrow because its annoying peeing every hour at my job? What do I do after work, drink a lot of water?

Thank you!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
Horus on

Posts

  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    drink lots and lots and lots - its important to keep your kidneys flushed out, else the infection could get to them, too. Drink cranberry juice, that helps, and hourly, strong caffeinated coffee without milk. And a tablespoon of bicarbonate of soda - I mix it with jam cos it tastes disgusting. Tell people at work, so they don't think its weird you disappearing, they'll understand, specially if they're women, we get UTIs more often than blokes. Before you go to your docs, pee into a small, sterile container, and take it with you, cos your doc may want to test your pee. take paracetamol -tylenol?

    LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

    For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

    "The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Drink tons of cranberry juice, it is well known to help with the symptoms and help clear it up. Make sure its 100% cranberry juice, not the cocktail stuff that you commonly see. Which has other stuff mixed in. Not to mention cranberry juice is tasty!

    rfalias on
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    This infection is highly suspicious, are you having sex with no condoms?, did you finish your antibioties prescription without missing one or two days?

    Never heard of stomach pain linked to UTI, but it could be a sign of the infection spreading upward. Avoid alcohol in the meantime.

    Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Fantasma wrote: »
    This infection is highly suspicious, are you having sex with no condoms?, did you finish your antibioties prescription without missing one or two days?

    Never heard of stomach pain linked to UTI, but it could be a sign of the infection spreading upward. Avoid alcohol in the meantime.

    Stomach pain can be from UTI if its ascending.
    Moar Doctor and/or better antibiotics are in order I do believe. And cranberry juice! E.Coli hates cranberry juice. Down with E.Coli

    rfalias on
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Do you have a fever? You might want to check your temperature, if you have a fever it means it's spread up to your kidneys and you've got some major issues.

    If you don't like cranberry juice you can get cranberry supplements from the vitamin section and just drink water.

    Hypatia on
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I dont have a fever develop just going through pain around my stomach mostly when I hold it for a while.

    No sex in a while so I doubt that is the cause of it.

    Ok I thought Cranberry Juice is for the kidneys and I have bladder issue would that help?

    Thanks for the help, just hope tomorrow when I see the doc this really stops.

    Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Horus wrote: »
    I dont have a fever develop just going through pain around my stomach mostly when I hold it for a while.

    No sex in a while so I doubt that is the cause of it.

    Ok I thought Cranberry Juice is for the kidneys and I have bladder issue would that help?

    Thanks for the help, just hope tomorrow when I see the doc this really stops.

    The infection is caused by a bacteria that has made it to your bladder which is usually sterile (weird right?)
    Cranberry juice converts to an acid in the urine which disrupts the bacteria. (Which is E. Coli)

    Cranberry juice is good for kidney stones too. It's most likely just the infection moving somewhere else, not all antibiotics work all of the time. I'm sure the doc will use something a little more... potent.

    Keep us updated!

    rfalias on
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Get Cystex from the drug store, it'll help you sleep at night till you can see the doctor and get on antibiotics.

    I think that the reason Cranberry Juice is recommended is so that the bacteria doesn't grow farther up and end up in your kidneys.

    variant on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Ask you doctor about little pockets in your intestines. I forgot what they are called, but some people get little pockets in their intestines that can trap food and become infected. I've had a UTI twice, and the second time my doctor had a suspicion it might be these, but I got better really fast after taking the antibiotics.

    Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I went to the doctor today told him that my symptoms did not improve. I was peeing frequently, started waking up in the night to pee (which never happened before meds) and pain around my stomach. So he believes that medicine he will give may not work and got me to see a specialist for kidneys Ill see later this week. He did point out that I may not have UTI since I have traces of blood but no signs of white blood cells (the stuff that will kill my infection). Ill keep everyone posted on this and leave this as a record for future searches.

    Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    Ask you doctor about little pockets in your intestines. I forgot what they are called, but some people get little pockets in their intestines that can trap food and become infected. I've had a UTI twice, and the second time my doctor had a suspicion it might be these, but I got better really fast after taking the antibiotics.

    It this colitis related?

    Endomatic on
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Horus wrote: »
    I went to the doctor today told him that my symptoms did not improve. I was peeing frequently, started waking up in the night to pee (which never happened before meds) and pain around my stomach. So he believes that medicine he will give may not work and got me to see a specialist for kidneys Ill see later this week. He did point out that I may not have UTI since I have traces of blood but no signs of white blood cells (the stuff that will kill my infection). Ill keep everyone posted on this and leave this as a record for future searches.

    this was my cases as well, I had Prostitis (bacteria in the prostate or something) and I was prescribed Bactrim DS for 2 weeks.

    variant on
  • Options
    TrippyDKTrippyDK Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    When I had a UTI (I'm a Male) a few weeks back, they prescribed a general antibiotic before the culture had a chance to grow. Turns out the meds I had were ineffective against whatever bacteria was causing my pee to burn, even though I did feel better while on them. I would go back to the doctor, possibly a specialist, and see whats up.

    TrippyDK on
Sign In or Register to comment.