Options

Computer Virus: Brontok.q

FalxFalx Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
We're having an asston of trouble with this virus... does anyone know of a removal tool? We've got about 500+ pc's to clean :(

We can get it off... eventually. It's just moving far too slowly.

Falx on

• Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    There are a couple of tools on this page but I have never tried them having never run into this worm before. Removal tools made by $some_guy tend to make me nervous, but if you have that many machines to clean, it wouldn't hurt to test it on one of them.

A second look through more of the links find quite a few different removal tools. Googling brontok removal tool turns up a whole lot to try out.

stigweard on
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Just remember the cardinal rule when removing viruses:

turn system restore off.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    stigweard wrote:
    There are a couple of tools on this page but I have never tried them having never run into this worm before. Removal tools made by $some_guy tend to make me nervous, but if you have that many machines to clean, it wouldn't hurt to test it on one of them.

A second look through more of the links find quite a few different removal tools. Googling brontok removal tool turns up a whole lot to try out.

Yeah, but those are all for Brontok.a or .c... which are not the same as .q

I wish I could explain the craphole conditions we have to work with, but I'd need at least a few hours to explain the horror. This sucks... we should just burn the place down or something

Falx on
  • Options
    EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Falx wrote:
    Yeah, but those are all for Brontok.a or .c... which are not the same as .q

I wish I could explain the craphole conditions we have to work with, but I'd need at least a few hours to explain the horror. This sucks... we should just burn the place down or something

You're just upset since they took your stapler! :D

EclecticGroove on