As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any way to get out of my T-mobile contract?

BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
Legally that is...

My contract ends in March of 2007. Also, how long of a grace period does the FCC grant before your number is given to someone else? In other words, how long do I have after canceling my contract with Tmobile before I can switch to someone else and keep my number?

Merci.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

Basar on

• Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    You can legally end the contract early by paying them around $200. I don't know what the timeframe is for transferring your number, but you should try to run the process all in one go.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    powersspowerss Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Try making all your calls roaming. They'll kick you off the network.

Also, you can say you're moving overseas for school. You'll need to fax them a school ID... fake it in photoshop.

powerss on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    powerss wrote:

Also, you can say you're moving overseas for school. You'll need to fax them a school ID... fake it in photoshop.

Yeah, because identity fraud is totally legal.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    powerss wrote:

Yeah, because identity fraud is totally legal.

The first part isn't illegal...that would fall under fraud.

OP, watch your T-mobile mail for anything that changes the terms of your contract, a bump in text messaging fees or free hours? Complain they changed the contract and cancel it without the penalty clause. This is supposed to work and be all legal like.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Tasty ChaosTasty Chaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Short of selling your soul to the devil, you would have to pay the $200 cancellation fee.

precisionk on
  • Options
    SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    as far as getting your phone number under another mobil contract - it will take about a week. They can't stop you from transfering a number that you technically own.

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • Options
    Nitsuj82Nitsuj82 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    They're only 1 year contracts...

You're almost out of it, and it sounds like you just dislike the network.

Nitsuj82 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Nitsuj82.png
  • Options
    crakecrake Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    The employees aren't stupid. People are just lucky to get away with those kinds of things. It's not exactly hard to notice a massive change in useage patterns though. It'd be real easy to get in a lot of trouble.

crake on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

lol, one of their 'suggestions' is to join the army and hope you get deployed out of their coverage area.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    solsovlysolsovly Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    If they have altered any services no matter how small such as adding $.10 to text messages, you can terminate them. There have been several successful threads on fatwallet.com and other sites on terminating your contract. You usually have 30-90 days to terminate during a service agreement change.

solsovly on