As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wii memory expansion?

The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Okay, chalk this up to me not being sure of where to look, but are there any memory expansions for the wii available yet? Mine'll hit the limit soonish, and while there's plenty of useless channels, and maybe some VC games I can delete, it made me think. I remember reading that Ninty was going to release something, is that out yet? And if so what's it called/what's the price/is it available in Canada?

Alternatively, do SD cards work? My brother says yes but I wanted to double-check here first.

The Last Gent on

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Nope, no memory expansion yet. Basically it'll allow the Wii to access channels/VC games off SD cards. So your brother's wrong.

Supposedly it's hitting in the spring, but the only thing you can do now is start deleting games. You can redownload them later for free.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    The Last GentThe Last Gent Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I know you can redownload them, so I have no beef deleting them. I remember him saying something about EBstop (shudder) selling SD cards formatted specifically for the wii. Is that BS?

The Last Gent on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I know you can redownload them, so I have no beef deleting them. I remember him saying something about EBstop (shudder) selling SD cards formatted specifically for the wii. Is that BS?

Complete and utter BS. SD is SD. If you're spending more than $5 or $10 for a 2gb card, you're paying too much.

[edit] Rather, EBstop IS selling them, but it's a BS marketing technique

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    LukinLukin Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    There ARE Wii-branded SD cards but they are no different than any other SD card.

Lukin on
    cancer.jpg
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Delete the games, but hang on to the save files. When you have enough memory, re-download and it'll see the save files. You'll be right where you left it.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?