The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

80-90's Japanese Xmas song (City Hunter/anime trivia?)

UjinUjin Registered User
edited December 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello,

I hate to bother you all, but this thing has been answered to me for many many years.

In mid (94-95) years, I heard this Japanese song about Xmas, and for the love of everything that is holy, I can not ever find it again. Even using the power of google and youtube, I was not able to find it. My Japanese friend(no, I do not have his address anymore -H.S.) had that song was on tape, so the origin of the song must be between 1985(?) to 1995.

This song is sang by a male Japanese singer. It has the following "hook" in it:

"I wish you merry Xmas, Meeeerry meeeerry Xmas, anatano (hiko?) ...."
It is pop-rock style, sounded a bit like B'z?

Someone said it might have been from City Hunter anime, but I had no luck finding , but it is possible it was used in one of the anime, or City Hunter Special Xmas episode.

Sincerely yours,

Ujin on

• poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    It's not 'Itsuka no Merry Christmas' by B'z is it?

いつかのメリークリスマス

If not, can you remember any more of the words?

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    City Hunter had some awesome music. The opening "Running to Horizon" was done by Tesuya Kurumo, who later went on to create Avex. You can still hear the primordial "Pre-Avex" sound that came to define the record company.

Trivia:
    B'z is has the longest list of #1 hits ever for a Japanese band.
    #2 is Ayumi Hamasaki, who is Avex's poster child princess. The only reas why she isn't #1 is B'z has been around forever and, in Japanese media terms, older than dirt. It doesn't help that women singers retire after 30...

Princess Princess I'm looking at you :(
    You too Zone!

halkun on
    wVo0Rgr.png
  • UjinUjin Registered User
    edited December 2008
    Hmm, nice song, but the song I heard was very upbeat.

I can hum it -_-; because there is a very unique beat to it, but for the words -- it has been over 10 years.

but i think "anatano hito(ni ii)? edit: after that English part above.

I sorry, I know it is not much.

Thank you

P.s. I actually have Princess Princess CD...and I bought it..when ...well, you can guess how old it is. And yes, City Hunter music is classic! :)

Ujin on