As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Has anyone used gameranger software?

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I was woundering what people's views on the gameranger software was. The server for Star Trek Armada 1 went down a few months ago and most of the players are now using that software now...

Anyone know if it is safe? (spyware, hacking, etc.)

How well does it work?

Any problems?

deathnote666 on

• Options
    Scott KevillScott Kevill Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was woundering what people's views on the gameranger software was. The server for Star Trek Armada 1 went down a few months ago and most of the players are now using that software now...

How well does it work?

Any problems?

It's safe. GameRanger has been the standard online gaming service on the Mac (see here and here) since 1999. It has evolved a lot since then, of course, and was just launched for PC about a month and a half ago, so word is still spreading.

Here's some very early feedback:
    Age of Empires Heaven
    MechWarrior 3

Finally, Battlegoat Studios are already using GameRanger for their matchmaking service for their recently released expansion Global Crisis for Supreme Ruler 2020. Details here.

Hopefully that should ease your concerns.

Scott Kevill on
    GameRanger - play your friends online
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

How well does it work?

Any problems?

It's safe. GameRanger has been the standard online gaming service on the Mac (see here and here) since 1999. It has evolved a lot since then, of course, and was just launched for PC about a month and a half ago, so word is still spreading.

Here's some very early feedback:
    Age of Empires Heaven
    MechWarrior 3

Finally, Battlegoat Studios are already using GameRanger for their matchmaking service for their recently released expansion Global Crisis for Supreme Ruler 2020. Details here.

Hopefully that should ease your concerns.

holy shit it's evill!

I used to be on GR all the damned time back in '99, I get on every now and then to see what's up but I don't really game on my mac anymore...it's awesome to see user IDs in the hundred thousands now, I think mine is like 1200 or something.

I give it thumbs up all around!

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Scott KevillScott Kevill Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    musanman wrote: »
    holy shit it's evill!

I used to be on GR all the damned time back in '99, I get on every now and then to see what's up but I don't really game on my mac anymore...it's awesome to see user IDs in the hundred thousands now, I think mine is like 1200 or something.

I give it thumbs up all around!

Cheers :D

So start gaming on your PC with GR, and feel free to tell others on PA about it. :winky:

Scott Kevill on
    GameRanger - play your friends online