As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wii] CORE Games of 2009 - The hardcore you've been waiting for(?)

GuekGuek Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Games and Technology
Welcome to the Wii Core games thread. Though the idea of "core" games is a bit esoteric, this thread is meant to cater towards the broad range of wii games that can be enjoyed beyond the casual audience. It's also a great place to find information about wii games that you may not have known even existed. Use this thread to discuss wii games and wii news that may not merit its own thread but is still worth talking about. Below are two lists; one of the lists details upcoming 2009 games to be excited about, while the other is a long list of highly recommended wii games.

Wii Games of 2009

Deadly Creatures by THQ - February 9, 2009
Deadly-Creatures_US_ESRBboxart_160w.jpg
ign wrote:
Deadly Creatures is a 3rd person action thriller set amidst a desert world of venomous terror, built exclusively for the Nintendo Wii. Players will control an armored Scorpion and a deadly Tarantula as they fight for survival against Gila monsters, lizards, black widows and many more terrifying creatures. Featuring intuitive motion controls and a deep combo-based combat system, Deadly Creatures is a thrilling mix of brutal creature-crushing action and suspenseful exploration of vast 360 degree desert and man-made environments. Gamers will explore this darkly compelling story through the eyes of two of the world's most deadly creatures.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse by Grasshopper Manufacture - TBA 2009
fatalframemasklunar_box.jpg
ign wrote:
The first Fatal Frame for Wii, this game is a collaborative effort that involves development members from Tecmo, Nintendo and Grasshopper Manufacturer. Key elements for the game are "memory" and "moon," and "mask," and that the image color for the game is yellow. The game will use the Wiimote to make for a unique horror experience.

According to several distributers, this game is indeed coming to the states. Watch the great preview below.

Little King Story by Marvelous - February 17, 2009
LittleKingsStoryWiiBoxboxart_160w.jpg
ign wrote:
As King, players will manage and involve their townspeople in the goals of creating this new territory; enlisting them to dig for treasure, build new buildings and otherwise better their community. Of course, leadership is a two-way street, so as King, players will try to conquer rival nations to create a single unified kingdom, while also granting the requests of townspeople at whim. The game transforms the Wii Remote to a royal scepter and offers players the chance to be the best king in the world!

Little King's Story has an art style that is very 'story-book' in look and a magical fairy tale quality that will intrigue and delight gamers. The storyline, visual look, and lyrical music of Little King’s Story, work in concert to transport players to an interactive, enchanting, fairy tale world. By combining gameplay elements from life-simulation, real-time strategy, and adventure genres, the many aspects of creating a vast kingdom come to life!

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE GAME'S MARKETING. Well, at least wait until it's actually out to deam it a "kiddy" game as it's being presented. The trailer below may be chock full of adorable, but this game has too strong of a pedigree of developers to ignore.

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle by Grasshopper Manufacture - TBA 2009
travis_image.jpg

The sequel to what is quickly becoming a cult classic, No More Heroes 2 sees Travis return to ensure the integrity of the series's title.

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers by SquareEnix - TBA 2009
crystal-bearers_title.jpg
ign wrote:
Announced at E3 2005, this Nintendo Wii game is in the works at Square Enix and will feature WiFi components. The game is a sequel to the multiplayer adventure on GameCube, based on the Final Fantasy franchise.

There should be a new trailer that releases with the upcoming wii version of FF:CC echoes in time.

Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon by Bandai Namco - TBA 2009
fra15.jpg
ign wrote:
An RPG from Japanese combo-publisher Namco Bandai. Fragile takes place in the near future, in a world that has lost its population. You play as Seto, a young boy who wanders around, searching through the abandoned cities and facilities of this world, trying to learn the truth behind the disappearance of all the people, and to find someone to keep him company.

The Wiimote is used as an aid in exploration. Seto uses a flashlight to light up his surroundings. You get to use the Wiimote to directly point the flashlight in whatever direction you like. Seto also has a metal detector. Once again, the Wiimote is used to directly operate this device. In addition to exploration, Seto has to deal with ghosts who appear in the ruins. We're not sure how he fights these foes, but it seems that a stick of some form is involved.

This is one to keep an eye on.

Madworld by Platinum Games - March 10, 2009
mad-world_Boxart_USboxart_160w.jpg
ign wrote:
Madworld is an inventive third-person action game exclusively for Wii. Produced by Atsushi Inaba, MadWorld has a unique black and white style depicting an incredibly sharp backdrop that straddles graphic novels and 3D worlds. As players battle opponents, they must master the use of various weapons and items found within their environment, such as chainsaws and street signs, while entertaining sports commentary adds to the third-person gameplay. With its irreverent humor and over-the-top violence, MadWorld will deliver a unique core gaming experience currently missing on the Wii system.

Rune Factory Frontier by Marvelous Interactive - March 31, 2009
first-look-rune-factory-frontier-20080606054945585_640w.jpg
ign wrote:
From the creators of Harvest Moon and Rune Factory for the DS comes the first installment of Rune Factory for a home console. In Rune Factory Frontier, you play as Laguna, who's starting life in a completely new land. Your goal is to build up your village in classic Harvest Moon style (Rune Factory is an offshoot of that series), attracting new residents, and eventually earning the affections of some possible marriage targets.

Developed exclusively for Wii, Rune Factory: Frontier features stunning graphics and takes full advantage of the Wii's unique controls to fully immerse players in the Rune Factory universe. Rune Factory: Frontier incorporates an open-ended structure that allows players to choose the type of game they wish to experience. Whether it’s growing crops, expanding the town, fighting (or befriending) monsters or even falling in love, the experience is unique to each player.

The Conduit by High Voltage Software - Q2 2009
The_Conduit_Logo.PNG
ign wrote:
Washington D.C. finds itself the epicenter of an extraterrestrial attack and it's up to gamers, as the secret service's Agent Ford, to discover the truth hidden behind the invasion.

The horrible artwork is decieving! At least, I hope it is. Now here's some footage:

Sonic and the Black Knight by SEGA - March 10, 2009 (according to IGN)
sonic_black_knight_thumb.jpg
ign wrote:
Sonic & The Black Knight brings Sonic into the world of Arthurian legend and offers the worlds most infamous blue hedgehog the chance to become a knight. Using the unique Wii control system, this exciting game will take advantage of both the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk to offer an interactive experience that any Sonic fans will love.

Created by Sonic Team in Japan, this innovative game takes Sonic into a medieval world and arms him with a sword to aid in his effort to save the day. Sonic and the Black Knight will provide Sonic fans with an irresistible cast of characters and teach them all what it takes to be a true hero and the ultimate knight. With a series of missions taking place in stunning Arthurian-inspired locations, Sonic and the Black Knight promises to offer a fast-paced adventure that gamers of all ages will enjoy.

Dead Rising: Chop Till you Drop by Capcom - February 24, 2009
dead-rising-dead-rising-lots-and-lots-of-zombies.jpg
ign wrote:
Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop delivers a more immersive, intuitive and interactive experience as players use the Wii Remote to shoot, slash and bludgeon their way through a zombie infested shopping mall, fighting for survival.

The game follows the harrowing tale of Frank West, an overly zealous freelance journalist on a hunt for the scoop of a lifetime. In pursuit of a juicy lead, he makes his way to the small suburban town of Willamette only to find that it has become overrun by zombies. Frank escapes to the local shopping mall, thinking it will be a bastion of safety but it turns out to be anything but. It will be a true struggle to survive the endless stream of enemies, but players will have full reign of a realistic shopping center and its varied stores offering an endless supply of real and makeshift weapons to fight off the flesh-hungry mob. If Frank is running low on health he can pay a visit to one of the many restaurants or cafes for a meal in order to restore his energy and continue the fight. It's a brutal fight, but with no end in sight to this zombie onslaught, Frank bides his time by messing around with a variety of comedic costumes and making use of improvised and sometimes highly ineffective weapons such as a toy sword or a football.

Not so sure about this one, but we'll see.

Overlord: Dark Legend by Codemasters - TBA 2009
Overlord_pc_uk.jpg
ign wrote:
Set in a time before the original game, players take the role of a new young Overlord. As he revels in command of the Minions, our trainee tyrant will be able to take his growing pains out on the local fairy tale inhabitants as he protects his castle and lands. Connecting players to the game world in three dimensions, the use of the Wii Remote gives unprecedented control over the minions. For example, individual Minions can be plucked from the horde, held by the neck and then, by vigorously shaking the Wii Remote, throttled to imbue him with some Overlordly power and turn him into a manic minion missile. With a now-explosive body, the insane little critter can be guided into enemies with hilarious, if rather fatal, consequences.
overlord-dark-legend-20080813041311965_640w.jpg
overlord-dark-legend-20080813041314793_640w.jpg
overlord-dark-legend-20080813041329246_640w.jpg

House of the Dead: Overkill by Sega - February 10, 2009
House_of_the_Dead_OVERKILL.jpg
ign wrote:
The House of the Dead: Overkkill takes place as Special Agent G – the hero of The House Of The Dead series – is given his first assignment fresh out of the AMS academy. Teamed up with hard-boiled Detective Washington, they are sent to investigate stories of mysterious disappearances in small-town Louisiana. Little do they know what blood-soaked mutant depravity awaits them in the streets and swamps of Bayou City...

Another Code by Nintendo - TBA 2009
another-code-two-memories.325717.jpg
__bigimage_48e486d971256.jpg

081002_anothercode_s1.jpg

081002_anothercode_s3.jpg

Sin & Punishment 2
SaP.jpg

The sequel so many of us have been hoping for.

Endless Ocean 2 by Nintendo - TBA 2009
73901520081002_131623_0_big.jpg

73901520081002_131623_1_big.jpg

73901520081002_131623_2_big.jpg

Cosmic Walker by Nintendo - TBA 2009
__bigimage_48e4a0f2be6c4.jpg

081002_cosmic_02.jpg

081002_cosmic_03.jpg

Spawn Smasher by Nintendo - TBA 2009
wii2009_02.jpg

081002_span_01.jpg

Tact of Magic by Nintendo - TBA 2009
081002_tact_01.jpg

081002_tact_02.jpg

Line Attack by Nintendo - TBA 2009
lineatack1gv1.jpg

lineatack2bn1.jpg

lineatack3ha9.jpg

Punch-Out!! by Nintendo - TBA 2009
punchout_dans.jpg

Another classic returns.

Murumasa: The Demon Blade by Vanillaware - TBA 2009
oboro-muramasa-youtouden3.jpg
ign wrote:
Based on ancient Japanese lore, Murumasa: The Demon Blade plunges players into the mystical Genroku era, ruled by the skilled shogun Tsunayoshi Tokogawa. But this culture is threatened; Tokogawa's thirst for power leads to a conflict over the enormously powerful, though cursed, Demon Blades. Used in hatred, drenched in blood, the cursed blades condemn those who use them to tragedy, madness, and untimely deaths. As chaos spreads, denizens from the netherworld breach their realm as these malevolent swords summon evil spirits - and the Dragon and Demon Gods as well.

Featuring hand-drawn 2D art reflecting the heritage and tone of the storyline, Muramasa: The Demon Blade transports players into a little known mythology, envisioned by the creators of the critically acclaimed Odin Sphere. Players take on the role of a male ninja or female kunoichi, utilizing their ninja prowess to traverse the clever side-scrolling levels that feature vertical progression as well as the traditional horizontal stage advancement.

Klonoa: Door to the Phantomile by Namco - TBA 2009
256px-Klonoa_Door_to_Phantomile_Packaging02.jpg
ign wrote:
Why is that people cannot remember their dreams? It is because the energy from dreams is collected in the Moon Kingdom where it is given substance. This rule was broken when Klonoa, a cat-like creature with wings on his ears, dreams that an airship crashes violently into a hill and a mysterious shadow hangs over the wreckage. When the dream comes true, Klonoa and his friend Huepow go to investigate. You take control of Klonoa as he travels through a dozen levels of action. As luck would have it, Klonoa will encounter a number of enemies who want to stop him. Fortunately, Klonoa can grab enemies and use them as weapons to destroy other bad guys, or throw them to the ground and propel himself upward. Besides grabbing enemies, Klonoa can also pump up larger enemies and make them explode.

Remade for the Wii with enhanced graphics and other improvements, now is your chance to help discover the reason for the dream in Klonoa: Door to Phantomile.

Monster Hunter: Tri by Capcom - TBA 2009
mh3wii.jpg

This is one of the major games to look out for.

Tenchu IV by Acquire - TBA 2009
Tenchu-Dark-Secret-4.jpg
ign wrote:
Tenchu 4: Art of the Ninja uses the Wii Remote to fight, dash, jump and kill like a true ninja. Players will continue the saga of Rikimaru and Ayame, elite ninjas who must use their lethal skills to keep the peace in feudal Japan. Playing as both stealthy Rikimaru and aggressive and acrobatic Ayame, players experience the thrilling adventure of being the ultimate ninja.

And don't forget Slash's fantastic list of recommended wii games

Guek on

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Guek wrote: »
    sorry, OP will be fixed in a sec

Boo-urns.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Guek wrote: »
    sorry, OP will be fixed in a sec

Boo-urns.

Sorry about that. I wrote it all out and exported it here. I messed up a few places :P but it should be all good now

Guek on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This reminded me of some games I had completely forgotten were coming. Is anything at all known about Cosmic Walker other than those three screens and very small amounts of video?

Also, you've got Punch-Out in the OP twice.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Mr.BrickMr.Brick Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Mad World looks pretty cool- so does deadly creatures.

The Conduit- I could be more exceited about it if the games art didnt look so... boring.

Nice to see some intresting RPGS on their way.

Also there is something about little kings story that looks like it will be fun.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    This reminded me of some games I had completely forgotten were coming. Is anything at all known about Cosmic Walker other than those three screens and very small amounts of video?

Line Attack is also in there twice.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Burtletoy wrote: »

Line Attack is also in there twice.

Thanks. Fixed

Guek on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    wow.

It'd be hard to make more terrible art for the Conduit.

great op =)

Xaquin on
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i am interested in the conduit, more so especially since i have been enjoying myself some CoD :WaW for the wii

speaking of which, anyone playing the wii version want to be friends?

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Conduit, No More Heroes 2, Mad World. I can't wait!
    I wonder when the website for NMH2 will launch. I really loved the website and its weekly updates for NMH1. I am really overjoyed that NMH is getting a sequel.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No Disaster Day of Crisis? That's a shame.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    After taking in some more Conduit vids and screens- i think i know what it is that bugs me about it. The art direction is terrible (imo). The weapons and bad guys just seem so generic. The enviroments are decent, but the actually meat and potatoes is just dull.

Its a shame too because the actual engine looks amazing. Nice reflections, shading and lighting all around. But it looks like a concept that was regected in the mid 90's.

I will probably still get it though as the game play does look somewhat fun. And the hardcore FPS genre on the wii needs some serious love.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Chen wrote: »
    No Disaster Day of Crisis? That's a shame.

If im not mistakin', Rigi said this game will never come out in NA.

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm playing the Ds version of Rune Factory right now, so I'm interest in how it wil turns out on Wii but o god.. the music in that trailer is too horrible for words.

I'm also definitively up for No More Heroes 2, tough I pray to God they will fix Santa Destroy, either by making it fun to explore or not bothering at all with an overworld.

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is Endless Ocean 2 confirmed for an NA release?

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
    Fragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
    Madworld
    Another Code
    Muramasa: The Demon Blade
    Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
    Monster Hunter 3

I'm interested in all these, so Wii already has a solid enough lineup for me this year.

I'm pissed that we're not getting Disaster: Day of Crisis, and I'd like to say that I'm looking forward to Punch-Out, but the screens don't fill me with hope.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is that the official box art for Madworld, because it seriously kicks ass. Also, Little King Story is way up my list of want. So is Fragile. And Murumasa. I'll also probably want HotD Overkill at some point. And No More Heroes of course, but that won't be out till 2010 I think.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Murumasa: The Demon Blade gives me mega boner erections.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    still not seeing even one of these games as even remotely interesting. these are all games that say "wii games dont have to be ugly as shit", but thats no reason for being happy in itself, before i read they are actually fun and worth playing i wont get the least bit excited.
    take fragile for instance, we know nothing about the game except that it looks pretty. everyone whos getting excited about it seriously feels really desperated to me.
    the only real killer ap on the wii right now is monster hunter 3, the problem with that is that i played MH1 for about an hour and really despised it to the bone, never got all the hype about that franchise.

carmofin on
    PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    carmofin wrote: »
    still not seeing even one of these games as even remotely interesting. these are all games that say "wii games dont have to be ugly as shit", but that doesnt convince me in the least, before i read they are actually fun and worth playing i wont get the least bit excited.
    take fragile for instance, we know nothing about the game except that it looks pretty. everyone whos getting excited about it seriously feels really desperated to me.
    the only real killer ap on the wii right now is monster hunter 3, the problem with that is that i played MH1 for about an hour and really despised it to the bone, never got all the hype about that franchise.

This is quite a broad selection to be throwing this at. None of them look remotely interesting? If so, can you name maybe ten games you've enjoyed in the past five years? Also, one of them is Klonoa, already proven to be an amazing game.

Also, I have seen literally no screens for Fragile (still haven't watched that embedded trailer, even). The idea alone sounds cool to me, and that's why I'm looking forward to it.

And trust me, there are plenty of killer aps already on the Wii. Sorry if they're not your killer app.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    jonxpjonxp [E] PC Security Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    What a useful list!

jonxp on
    Every time you write parallel fifths, Bach kills a kitten.
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1614-5576
    PAX Prime 2014 Buttoneering!
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    We know plenty about how a lot of these games play. You seem to be jumping to a lot of conclusions based on limited information. There are gameplay videos and impressions on a good third, if not half, of the games up there. Fragile, for instance, had plenty of exposure during TGS, and it's understood that the game is mainly about exploration and setting. We also know that the build at TGS had very lackluster battle system but that the devs have expressed concern and that they are working on it. That's quite a bit more than knowing that the game is merely pretty.

Obviously none of us will really know whether any of these games are any good before actually playing them, but how is that different with any other game on any other console? Off the top of my head, I know for a fact that you can find gameplay impressions on fragile, rune factory, muramasa, the conduit, deadly creatures, house of the dead, fatal frame, and tenchu IV. Just because I didn't post every bit of info doesn't mean it's not out there.

Guek on
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    carmofin wrote: »
    still not seeing even one of these games as even remotely interesting. these are all games that say "wii games dont have to be ugly as shit", but thats no reason for being happy in itself, before i read they are actually fun and worth playing i wont get the least bit excited.
    most constructive post of this short year

Seriously though, why come in this thread and say this? You say that people looking forward to Fragile sound desperate (I'm assuming you mean 'desperate for good Wii games'), but you come off as someone desperate for the Wii to not have good games.

Graviija on
  • Options
    Genji GlovesGenji Gloves ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    I absolutely must own Mad World and NMH2. Must. Will sell plasma to buy them at launch.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I liked NMH, but a huge part of that was how utterly unique and crazy it was: I'm skeptical that a sequel will feel anywhere near as fresh.

Looking forward to Fragile, Rune Factory, and the inevitable next game in the first party Zelda/Mario/Metriod cycle. They'd better announce one soon though, it's been a while since Brawl.

Darlan on
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, seeing Dead Rising running on the RE4 engine is surreal.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Darlan wrote: »
    I liked NMH, but a huge part of that was how utterly unique and crazy it was: I'm skeptical that a sequel will feel anywhere near as fresh.

Don't be so quick to underestimate the Suda.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hopefully they find a way to emphasize the combat more in No More Heroes.

I fucking hated roaming around the town, it dragged down the entire game for me. The HUD is probably the worst I've ever seen, as well.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Just wake me up when MH3 is released in the US. I'm looking forward to a lot of games, but MH3 is so high up at the top of the list.

Renzo on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Hopefully they find a way to emphasize the combat more in No More Heroes.

I fucking hated roaming around the town, it dragged down the entire game for me. The HUD is probably the worst I've ever seen, as well.

I enjoyed the HUD, but if it was just a tiny bit bigger, it would have been so much easier to read. I'm pretty sure the buried treasure dots were exactly one pixel. My eyes are not that good, dammit.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

I quite liked the HUD, but I agree with the first sentiment. I have faith, however, that more will be done with this in the sequel.

Genji Gloves on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I think the sequel will be much better funded than its predecessor, allowing things like the HUD world to be done a lot better and for more polish in general. NMH didn't set the world on fire, but its sales weren't a slouch either. It's Suda's best selling game of all time, after all (though that didn't take all that much)

Guek on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Can't wait for Muramasa and NMH2. Considering Dead Rising.

Also, Oneechanbara is coming out for the Wii this year, I think.

The game with the cowgirl zombie slayer.

In the US.

I can't believe it either.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    So many games I'd forgotten about!

About those Nintendo games no-one's heard about (Line Attack, Cosmic Walker etc.) Do we actually know anything about these games? Also, I totally ordered Disaster: Day of Crisis. B-Movie hilarity here I come!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    No More Heroes 2 is 2010 actually...

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This thread is ace.

Recently, I think Mad World might be going too far.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    agoaj wrote: »
    No More Heroes 2 is 2010 actually...

I thought this as well.

It's all about Madworld for me so far.

Is Monster Hunter basically Pokemon without the kiddie asthetic? I really know nothing about that series.

Dodge Aspen on
    Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OP wrote:
    This title hurts my brain. Maybe I just need to do more drugs.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    OP wrote:

Or consider that it's a direct translation of the Japanese title and direct translations of Japanese stuff often seem weird.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OP wrote:

Terribly offtopic but in this vein just today I saw a van covered with pictures of living mushrooms, It was basically a motor enabled bill board for The Spore Wars, And on the back the words "We take drugs to make the world seem normal."

Mabye they are counting on refuge in audacity to save them from jail time.

On topic. I'm wondering if there are any must check sites for updates as to the progress of upcoming wii games, most of my info comes from here and I wouldnt mind broadening my sources a bit.

Road Block on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OP wrote:

Or consider that it's a direct translation of the Japanese title and direct translations of Japanese stuff often seem weird.
    I get that. As someone who has done translation work, though, it seems like it could have been done more eloquently. Or at least coherently.

Then again, roughly 75% of the games that come out of Japan suffer from this same problem, so maybe it's just some bizarre naming convention.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
This discussion has been closed.