As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Third-Hand Awesomness [smoking thread]

FlyingmanFlyingman Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Social Entropy++
Because now I have to be afraid of all my radioactive belongings.
A New Cigarette Hazard: ‘Third-Hand Smoke’

Third-hand smoke is what one smells when a smoker gets in an elevator after going outside for a cigarette, he said, or in a hotel room where people were smoking. “Your nose isn’t lying,” he said. “The stuff is so toxic that your brain is telling you: ’Get away.’”

“The central message here is that simply closing the kitchen door to take a smoke is not protecting the kids from the effects of that smoke,” he said. “There are carcinogens in this third-hand smoke, and they are a cancer risk for anybody of any age who comes into contact with them.”

Link

Personally, I like to poison the world in style with my Black Devils, I've got a sexy leather jacket I like to wear when I'm smoking too. Only made sexier by the fact that it is now poisonous.

black_devils.jpg

What do you smoke PA?

PAsig-1.gif
Flyingman on

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't have money, but I like to smoke.

I just roll up dead grass in newspaper and smoke that shit.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    hahahha
    man, what about fourth-hand smoke
    the smoke you smell like when you met a smoker who just smoked

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    SkylineCollapseSkylineCollapse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i fancy a djarum black here and there

SkylineCollapse on
    princess peach is a cockteasing bitch
  • Options
    VirgoSineNomineVirgoSineNomine Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Is this where I feed someone the line that I only smoke the occasional cock?

Either way, not a smoker fan, but I'll be /damned/ if I didn't develop a weak-in-the-knees problem with that third hand smoke thing after dating a smoker. Just have to remind myself not to rub up against people in hotel elevators after they come in from smoking.

VirgoSineNomine on
    I promise, I get less obnoxious with a full night's sleep. Bear with me. You'll know when it happens.
    VirgoSineNomine.gif CrossroadsMUSH - Shock and Alarm.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Nah 6th hand smoke is the killer, your grandparents were smokers and that shit got passed on.

Either way, not a smoker fan, but I'll be /damned/ if I didn't develop a weak-in-the-knees problem with that third hand smoke thing after dating a smoker. Just have to remind myself not to rub up against people in hotel elevators after they come in from smoking.

No I think you completely missed the point, leave the thread.

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009

oh, man, i was just thinking this. well, not the cock thing, but how i dated a chick who smoked and how awesome it was afterward in some trashy way.

SkylineCollapse on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited January 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Are there any chain-ish stores that sell lucky strikes in the US or am I gonna have to oder them off the internet

Man if I could, I would, then I would attend my next dress party as Spikeandholyfuckingshitit'sTFS?

Flyingman on
    PAsig-1.gif
  • Options
    VirgoSineNomineVirgoSineNomine Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

oh, man, i was just thinking this. well, not the cock thing, but how i dated a chick who smoked and how awesome it was afterward in some trashy way.

Exactly. The weird things you learn to love, the random smell of smoke clinging to a person probably isn't the strangest of them all. No, definitely not. Here's to cancer.

VirgoSineNomine on
    I promise, I get less obnoxious with a full night's sleep. Bear with me. You'll know when it happens.
    VirgoSineNomine.gif CrossroadsMUSH - Shock and Alarm.
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Are there any chain-ish stores that sell lucky strikes in the US or am I gonna have to oder them off the internet
    A lot of the stores I go to sell them in California. They're pretty easy to obtain.

Also, I mostly smoke Camel Turkish Royals.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like it when smoking makes your breath smell like fresh dog shit

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Exactly. The weird things you learn to love, the random smell of smoke clinging to a person probably isn't the strangest of them all. No, definitely not. Here's to cancer.

that's very true. i've found that a mixture of whiskey and old-school stetson cologne is particularly effective on girls. my guess is that it's because it gives them a familiar, comfortable feeling similar to being around their grandpas, who were cut from a different cloth.

SkylineCollapse on
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Natural American Spirits. It's so rare when a smoking thread comes along, usually the drinking ones take the smokers along with it but I decided I want to keep it alive.

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I smoke fools like you on the basketball court

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Man, I can dislike the smell of a person who has just finished smoking without being wildly paranoid about whether or not it's giving me cancer.

I know for certain my cell phone is giving me cancer anyway.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009

It varies by market, not by store. Pretty much every gas station had them when I was in Texas, and I have to drive to the goddamn reservation to find them in Oklahoma. Specialty smoke shops are always a good place to look, though.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    a lot of my friends smoke, shaking hands with them all day leads to my hands smelling : \

i'm neutral on the issue of cigarettes

i want to take up pipe tobacco though

Faricazy on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i am one of those that has a big thing against smoking, and this whole thing is just way too silly even for me.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    bel how are we going to be detectives if we don't smoke

Faricazy on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    http://www.illinoissmokersrights.com/marshall_mcgearty_lounge.html

This guys make a damn fine cigarette. They have a citrus blend, a rose petal blend, and my personal favorite, the earl gray tea blend.

I try to buy a different pack of cigarettes each time, and don't mind spending the extra buck for good flavor.

DuMaurier is a fine cigarette as well

Swill on
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I live in AZ and can get Lucky Strikes at liquor stores or at 711s. Possibly other places.

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like how smoking makes you feel bad, poisons your body and provides absolutely no actual benefits physically or otherwise and you have to pay large amounts of money for the privilege.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

i will get one of those fake cigarettes that give off smoke and everything

or maybe i will just have a heroin addiction

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i likes me some djarums

yes i know i'm a faggot

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    I like how smoking makes you feel bad, poisons your body and provides absolutely no actual benefits physically or otherwise and you have to pay large amounts of money for the privilege.
    feels good man

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    MikeRyu wrote: »
    you've been misinformed

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Belruel wrote: »
    Faricazy wrote: »

i will get one of those fake cigarettes that give off smoke and everything

or maybe i will just have a heroin addiction
    okay fine

i'll have a pipe

Faricazy on
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    i likes me some djarums

yes i know i'm a faggot

I want to try the cinnamon ones.

Does this count as coming out?

Swill on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Smoker, American Spirit Yellows, Blues, and Blacks with the occasional Camel Filters and Winston Lights.

I love the "zomg stinky" bitching about smoking. Yes, a lit cigarette gives off a smell. A dirty place that is smoked in daily will smell like smoke. As a smoker, you don't have to smell like either of those things.

Dear smokers, here's how you avoid smelling like ass: 1) wash your hands after you smoke. 2) wash your clothing more than once every two years 3) keep well-hydrated and don't fill your system with shitty food, and your breath won't stink.

Voila! Done!

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I've been known to smoke from a pipe once in awhile.

Rank sent me a rather awesome Zippo pipe lighter for satans which I have yet to use but look forward to in the near future.

A good cigar once in awhile is ok too. Both the pipe and the cigar are pretty rare occurrences.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

I hate that smell. It sure is trashy, but not awesome.

Oh wow, look at that hot chick, I'm just gonna walk up to - oh she smells like smoke, boner gone.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    oogmar wrote: »
    Smoker, American Spirit Yellows, Blues, and Blacks with the occasional Camel Filters and Winston Lights.

I love the "zomg stinky" bitching about smoking. Yes, a lit cigarette gives off a smell. A dirty place that is smoked in daily will smell like smoke. As a smoker, you don't have to smell like either of those things.

Dear smokers, here's how you avoid smelling like ass: 1) wash your hands after you smoke. 2) wash your clothing more than once every two years 3) keep well-hydrated and don't fill your system with shitty food, and your breath won't stink.

Voila! Done!

How about.... don't smoke?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Also, girls who smoke have oral fixations. Bonus.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    #pipe wrote: »
    I like it when smoking makes your breath smell like fresh dog shit

I like it when smoking gives you any certain number of horrible diseases.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Oh, and also costs our health care system billions of dollars per year.

Last I checked it was $12 Billion AUD, and that's from 2001.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    unclench your butt

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    hey dudes. stop being so damn judgmental and preachy.

anyone who smokes today knows all the damn shit you're spewing, and all you will get from saying it is them thinking you're a preachy dickhole

in other words, a pussy

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    No, because you fuckers are clogging up our already shitty healthcare system with diseases can be prevented in the first place.

Because you're selfish cunts who just want to have a drag.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    The only thing worse than heavy smokers are virulently anti-smokers. It's not that I don't understand the benefits of not chain smoking during dinner time, but when you've got the gall to get pissed off at someone because they're outside at a cafe, during winter time, smoking, you basically make yourself into an immense asshole. And if someone has the decency to ask if it's alright if you smoke here and you should have the decency and curteousy to agree to that request. We live in a society of law, damnit! If we can't create and conduct basic social contracts, then we're no better than the animals or the Polish!

And fuck Second-Hand Smoke. That's one of the greatest myths perpetrated by air-hungry liberals and the most far-out retarded of PC culture.

Penguin Incarnate on