As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mount & Blade: HAIL AND KILL (NSF56K)

1575859606163»

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    is the warband/multi-player thingy going to be a new game or something that we will get with our existing key?

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Just got into the beta, this is going to be boss.

Lokiamis on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How do I recruit lords to join my nation?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Heir wrote: »
    How do I recruit lords to join my nation?

What version of the game are you playing, Native or....?

Xtarath on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh sorry, PoP.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Oh sorry, PoP.

You must defeat them in glorious battle, capture them, then from the party screen "talk" to them and you may get the option of recruiting them. If your rep with them is high enough.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    What Axen said.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So, I'm new to PoP, started building an army, aligned with Ravenstern, took my first small castle, and started equiping my mans.

Where should I be heading? I've got about 150 mans, 90 of which I can have with me at once. And which is a good order I should try to put together (once I figure out how)?

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Lokiamis wrote: »
    Just got into the beta, this is going to be boss.

This is so much fun.

Lokiamis on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    Oh sorry, PoP.

You must defeat them in glorious battle, capture them, then from the party screen "talk" to them and you may get the option of recruiting them. If your rep with them is high enough.

That sucks...but what if I want a lord from a friendly nation to join me?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh sorry, PoP.

That sucks...but what if I want a lord from a friendly nation to join me?

Glorious battle, capture, yadda yadda.

Easiest thing to do is follow them around, then when they get in a fight with another faction, join in on the side against them. Least, that was my strategy. Plus when you capture a lord and they join you, they bring with them whatever villages, castles, or even cities they controlled.

Axen on
  • Options
    MeetVinceTheScoutMeetVinceTheScout Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Into the beta. Wheeeee.

MeetVinceTheScout on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    How the hell are you capturing castles so soon? You guys have damage set to half?

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I reinstalled the game, believing I might have some other mod installed to the core files making the game harder or something. Fixed some textures for sure heh, but I unfixed my text size.

Where were the instructions to make the in-game text a lot smaller?

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I look forward to returning to seattle and wasting more time with this then getting side tracked with Oblvion when I get FCOM to work and then giving that up 2 months later when F3:CE comes out.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh fuck, is there any way to drop a mercenary contract? I don't get any options in the menu, ugh I can't bear to wait 3 months.

Edit: Did it, but with a penalty:

Swore my oath to the king, and immediately canceled it. Lost 20 relation but eh.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    So warband, not bad. So far just deathmatchish, no worldmap stuff. Not worth playing if you don't have a 50ish ping to the servers, since otherwise you will lose ever melee contest, and a lot of your projectiles won't connect.

Some nice new graphical options, and being able to pick up your thrown projectiles is a nice addition.

Still beta so we will see what changes, I will probably still get it for the sp improvements.

Morkath on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    How the hell are you capturing castles so soon? You guys have damage set to half?

Some castles are easier than others. The absolute easiest are the wooden ones built around hills. The openings there are so wide that the defenders are easy targets for archers and some will actually fall out.

Also, casualties ain't much of a thing if you're rescuing 200 prisoners when you win.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Scooter wrote: »

Some castles are easier than others. The absolute easiest are the wooden ones built around hills. The openings there are so wide that the defenders are easy targets for archers and some will actually fall out.

Also, casualties ain't much of a thing if you're rescuing 200 prisoners when you win.

Yes, yes indeed! Why I have lost almost my entire army just taking a castle only to have it immediately and fully replaced with even better troops!

On a related note, how does the computer determine what units go with you to take out the remaining defenders? Y'know the last fight of a siege that is usually in a room? I swear it just randomly takes 2 or 3 units from your army. Cause there have been times when I had several Immortals or other Elite troops still alive and the damn game gives me like 2 fucking peasants or something instead. :x

Axen on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Yes, yes indeed! Why I have lost almost my entire army just taking a castle only to have it immediately and fully replaced with even better troops!

On a related note, how does the computer determine what units go with you to take out the remaining defenders? Y'know the last fight of a siege that is usually in a room? I swear it just randomly takes 2 or 3 units from your army. Cause there have been times when I had several Immortals or other Elite troops still alive and the damn game gives me like 2 fucking peasants or something instead. :x

If I remember correctly its the first 2-3 units at the top of your list, who are still concious.

Morkath on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yea, in my case it's always my top companions.

The list order does matter, so make sure you're using it the way you want (probably with medics and fresh recruits at the bottom).

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yea, in my case it's always my top companions.

The list order does matter, so make sure you're using it the way you want (probably with medics and fresh recruits at the bottom).

Yeah, heroes should always be first in the list, followed by your toughest units/whichever you need at the time(IE archers at the begining of the siege, then retreat and swap their position with your breachers).

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I finally have my own castle, Falcondark. It's so easy to defend, I just warded of an 800 man army by killing 450 of its men vs. 40 of mine.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Morkath on