As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Retard Macbook to PC Monitor Question

Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime afWhen's KoFRegistered User regular
edited January 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
A retard is me, and a quick Google search yielded nothing.

I recently got a PC monitor - a Samsung T240HD for the curious - to primarily play the X360 on. Just for shits I tried to connect my Macbook to it but its not quite working right. It displays my wallpaper but nothing else. I started playing with my macbook, and I had to drag my windows out of view to the right side of the macbook monitor for it to display on the new samsung.

I'd rather find a more elegant solution to this problem, but I can't figure out what to do.

Running OSX 10.5.6 if it helps.

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
Folken Fanel on

• Options
    corcorigancorcorigan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    In one of the display options you can change the primary monitor, so it'll display the dock and stuff on the big monitor rather than the laptop.

corcorigan on
    Ad Astra Per Aspera
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thats called extended desktop...basically its give you twice as much to play with - depending on the resoultion of the monitors anway - when you do work.

So its just really wide you can drag windows accross and have more open. If you go to your display options there should be 3 modes...extended, mirroed and external I think?

Dixon on
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yep, just had to check "mirror displays." Thanks

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.