As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LittleBigPlanet: Water! Kraken Infested Pirates of the Caribbean Levels, 12-22-09

1262728293032»

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah it really sounds pretty amazing. I wasn't sure if I woud've bothered with LBP2 if it was more of the same but this really sounds like they've gone to extreme lengths this time around.

This news really should have its own thread though.

Edit: God Greeble, I didn't even read your post and yet I pretty much said the same thing. Changed now.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why hasn't the thread title been updated with this awesome news?

Capt Howdy on
    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Why hasn't the thread title been updated with this awesome news?

There's already a thread for it. 'Sides, do we really need to consolidate every franchise into its own megathread?

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    This made me reinstall LBP and redownload all my DLC. What are the PotC DLC levels like?

-Loki- on
  • Options
    TeebonesyTeebonesy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    -Loki- wrote: »
    This made me reinstall LBP and redownload all my DLC. What are the PotC DLC levels like?

They're fun levels, but I don't go back and replay them much. They're meant to showcase the new water feature, so there's a lot of swimming, dragging things around in the water, diving desperately for those oxygen bubbles while your air meter is counting down to zero. The DLC for it is easily worth it for the new materials and water in create mode. If you have any desire to create levels, this pack is such a huge addition to the tools that I'd call it a must-buy. It's not just the PotC levels - it's also the full set of water tools, scuba gear, new materials, decorations, switches, etc.

Teebonesy on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Yeah, I'm not into creating. New levels will be fun though.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've been playing LBP for a couple weeks now. I actually picked up the Game of the Year Edition before the LBP2 announcement. If anyone wants to run any of the co-op challenges, add me on PSN. ID is Lucascraft.

At this juncture, I need every single 2player+ challenge to collect all the bubbles and items an everything, so I'm more than happy to play with you folks.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alright. So just today I decided it was time to jump into the level editor and lay down some design. I'm discovering very quickly, however, that making a level seems to be an incredibly meticulous process unless I'm just totally doing it wrong. Is there a simple way to just lay down a whole bunch of floor/walls/ceiling? Or do I have to use all the pre-set primitives and basically sculpt everything by hand?

I've got an idea in my head for a level, which I think I can probably pull off very well, but if the whole affair is gonna take like 100 hours to create 1 level, I might give up before I get started.

Maybe I just need to keep tinkering and familiarizing myself with the editor before I hunker down and really start busting out a level. But I've done all the tutorials and I feel like I've got a decent grasp on how this all works. But its just taking forever.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Maybe I just need to keep tinkering and familiarizing myself with the editor before I hunker down and really start busting out a level. But I've done all the tutorials and I feel like I've got a decent grasp on how this all works. But its just taking forever.

Do this. Start with little one-offs, or things that would be useful in a later level. Do little bits at a time. Do you want your level to look really nice?? Make a small version only one screen wide that resembles what you want your level to look like. Have an idea for platforming challenges? Do one screen of those. Don't go in to the editor expecting to leave it with a fully polished level. If you can set small goals for yourself that make you better with the tools, you aren't wasting time.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    My first big level took something like two weeks working on it for lots of time every day.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Oh, for the list of players:

Mostlyjoe/Mostlyjoe

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    There's also a list of PA made levels in the second post. It's a bit dated, but some of the authors listed have more than one level created.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, I'm taking my time with the levels. Unlocking as I go. But I'll cook something up here soon. I've been experimenting with the cars.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I finally updated LBP. The trick was to leave the thing on overnight. I can see myself getting back into it. Perhaps I should just get the Game of the Year version. I have no DLC.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm pretty sure creator pack 1 is free, so definitely get that. I'm not sure you need anything beyond mgs and pirates dlc.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    man, the trailer for LBP2 looks kind of incredible huh. plus the fact that its backwards compatible with all the levels and stuff from the first one.

Ah_Pook on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yes, yes it does.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The news on LBP 2 has done what no other game could: make me stop caring about LBP 1.

Speed Racer on