As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alzheimer's Sucks

13»

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    My mom works for the Alzheimer's Society, 'round these parts.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    FerryFerry Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    coughin up blood and screaming

oh oh oh

the shakeeeee

Ferry on
    ferrysigrn4.gif
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    dang, that sucks kyle

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Alzheimer's is really the most frustrating thing.

Still I can't believe how many families demand that their parent be kept alive on a ventilator and a feeding tube with advavnced Alzheimer's that shit is just inhumane.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    so i mentioned it in the other thread but since this thread is kind of dedicated to it, ill elaborate here

a couple of nights ago, they ran my grandpa through a CT scan and found a lump. the following MRI revealed that it is a grade 4 brain tumor.

they are now giving him 3 to 6 months to live.

they could prolong his life with multiple surgeries and chemo, but that would make his last remaining years miserable. plus he wouldnt understand why he has to go through all of it.

so they are going to let the cancer do its thing and eventually kill him.

it is somewhat of a blessing because now he wont have to suffer through dementia for so long and, hopefully, will still be somewhat cognizent for the short rest of his life. also, medicaid was not willing to pay for his room at the care home because when it was only alzheimers, there was "no medical need" for him to be there. but now with the cancer, he has all the need in the world

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jesus, CL, I am so solly to hear that.

At least you guys aren't choosing to prolong his suffering. Tough fucking choice to make.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg