As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buncha art.

nukedannukedan Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Artist's Corner
First post, I hope you guys don't treat my artistic back door like a bunch of DnD nerds after a dragon's hoard. Oh, maybe I shouldn't have said that...anyway this is everything I've done over the last few months. Enjoy.

amy.jpg

bird.jpg

dork-faerie.jpg

living-room.jpg

nemesis.jpg

shark-business.jpg

sheriff.jpg

skinless.jpg

squiddy.jpg

warthog.jpg

Some doodles:

bear.jpg

cowgirl.jpg

fly.jpg

gorilla.jpg

polar_bear.jpg

skinless_hand.jpg

tentacle_woman.jpg

banner.jpg
nukedan on

• Options
    HaxagorHaxagor Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    cool stuff... i think you should do some t-shirt/apparel designs, i think your style would be perfect for it.

Haxagor on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Verreh cool, mang.

There are some minor "oddities" going on in some places - the fly's legs, bear's back paw, the "bulbous" shape of the warthog's legs, and the "fairy"'s back leg looks short, rather than "father back in space".

Overall though, I'm a fan. :)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    AllanAllan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    RE: Everything:

Teach me.

Allan on
    banndd1av6.gifbannerdd2or5.gif
  • Options
    FloofyFloofy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Woo really cool. Your style really reminds me of Olivier Kugler you might want to take a look.

Floofy on
  • Options
    NeoRedXIIINeoRedXIII Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Yum.

NeoRedXIII on
  • Options
    SublimusSublimus Artist. nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Cool stuff! Im glad to see someone else who is interested in life studies too.

Sublimus on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Hey everyone, I'm glad you like the style.

Haxagor~ Great suggestion. I just and I mean JUST opened a shop on my blog because so many people have been asking for prints (I actually have to get more of them up) and the next step was to do some shirts. I have the designs in my head, I just need to put them on paper. :D

Floofy~ It's funny you say that becuase Olivier Kugler was where I learned a lot about on location drawing and my style just sort've took off from there.

Allan~ I would be more than happy to, I'll be posting a tutorial on my blog early next week on how to create this look. I just have to get my notes together first. :D

I'll try to have more work up as soon as I can. Maybe even some shirt designs. My full time job gets in the way a lot. :-/. Anyway, adios.

nukedan on
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    fantastic.

beavotron on
  • Options
    BetelgeuseBetelgeuse Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I find I am inclined to treat your artistic back door like a fine lady who deserves to be taken out for a wonderful night on the town. Because this is some fine, fine art.

Betelgeuse on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You had me at Cthulhu T-rex skull.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would love to see your process on some of these.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have to agree with Night Dragon, There are little things about a lot of the pictures that almost bring them down. They seem to be mostly anatomical issues like, the third one's right arm seems to be much longer than his left. They aren't too major i guess, but definately watch out for them because its sometimes hard to tell what is stylized and what is an error

All that said, Your art rocks (just be a tad more careful getting the form down)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    This stuff is truly beautiful. Seriously. I love the linework and color...just wonderful.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    Arden CaneloArden Canelo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Nice colors and lines. Looks good.

Arden Canelo on
  • Options
    TesiacoilTesiacoil Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    OH my I love the farting bird. It really made me giggle.
    I would love to have that on a shirt.
    You're very talented, but, you know that. The shadow on the couch with the girl is a little off, but, that's all I have to say, since you didn't even ask for any criticism.

Ever try sending your designs to threadless?

Tesiacoil on
    "The whole fleet knows this man tried to stab me through the neck. And you missed! Butterfingers!"
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for all of the posts/feedback guys. Seems my first foray into the every growing Penny Arcade forum was a success. :)

For those of you who've commented on the making of shirts, I agree, it should be done. Actually, I just put up a shop the other day for some prints and shirts was on the list of items to make. The farting bird will be a shirt, I assure you. :D

Anyway, I'll be around more so I'll see you guys later. Thanks again.

nukedan on
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Really nice stuff. You have a really nice clear style.

The one thing I noticed is that you crop everything closely and evenly in the same fashion on all but a couple of the pieces. Presentation is 50% (this is a very technical number) of selling your art; your stuff could use some breathing room.

Like so:
    polarbear.jpg

See the difference?

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like the colors. A lot.

Teach me how to do that.

Tam on
  • Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    are these all digital? Whats your process? scan a pic and ink on the comp? or 100% comp?

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wassermelone~ What are you talking about? The bear has always been cropped like that. :winky:

polar_bear.jpg

As for a demonstration on my drawing/coloring style, I'm going to have a tutorial post about it soon. I have to do some more work to the ol' blog before I do. I hope to have something up next week.

nukedan on
    banner.jpg
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    He actually cropped a little bit of the bear.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets