Options

Fahrvergnügen

• Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Seriously, this is the best road ever.

TODmap.jpg

I know most of the conversation is about roadtripping and chilling, but for twisty back roads, it can't be beat.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    the tail yessss

Faricazy on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Traffic and terrible drivers do not bother me in the least. Driving to get lost is awfully cathartic.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I drive for a living woo!

Raneados on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    lostwords wrote: »
    I hate driving, a lot

I got my learner's permit again and drove home from the DMV which was fine until the garage and nicked my dad's side mirror yaay

(it's because I'm a woman and asian and genetically unfit to drive)

its cool, i've twice knocked my drivers side mirror completely off backing out of places in the past few years, mostly because i'm an idiot and panic and hit the gas instead of the break and ugh, i'm an awful driver.

but driving is still fun for me though, because its nice to pop in some music and sing along. except hour long backups on 95

I feel slightly better because my dad completely shattered the mirror once backing out of the garage and took a chunk out of the wall too (because my brother parked improperly)

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    (because my brother parked improperly)
    if manage to park a car somewhere then it follows that you can also back out without incident

Faricazy on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    if manage to park a car somewhere then it follows that you can also back out without incident

If they maneuvered in and you assume you'll be able to just back straight out, it can come as quite a shock to find out that you're wrong.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    iStevoiStevo Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Driving, espicially parking, is an art form and frankly some people are just terrible artists.

iStevo on
    ...I'm so hip, I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    vsove wrote: »

If they maneuvered in and you assume you'll be able to just back straight out, it can come as quite a shock to find out that you're wrong.
    and you can maneuver it out

always

it may take effort and skill but don't tell me it ain't impossible

to get the car out from parking i have to do a 90* turn into a driveway that is maybe six inches wider than the car backwards

most people will be hopeless in this situation, i agree

Faricazy on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    vsove wrote: »

and you can maneuver it out

always

it may take effort and skill but don't tell me it ain't impossible

to get the car out from parking i have to do a 90* turn into a driveway that is maybe six inches wider than the car backwards

most people will be hopeless in this situation, i agree

Oh, I don't disagree that it's possible.

Just the vast majority of people assume that backing straight out of the garage is sufficient and thus end up sans side mirror at some point.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    this right here is where proper training when first learning to drive comes in

that most people don't receive

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fuck you, bitches. I am drunk and angry.

Fucking Wednesday!

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I like Wednesday because its my Friday, and my 'weekend' actually starts tomorrow.

iStevo on
  • Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    well my dad was unaware my brother had last parked the car and my dad usually parks in a manner where he can back straight out and didn't think about it

my dad is a good driver, my brother is not

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have at this point in time hit two sparrows, a duck(!), and two pigeons with my car. So I love driving.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Couple weeks ago I went to chico. If you haven't been to chico, the road that leads there is straight and long and barren. So I was alternating between 80-90 the whole trip, the limit was 70. Eventually a cop caught me and pulled me over.

Now I have a license, but not a physical copy, I lost it and had yet to get a replacement one, so I was a little worried. I explained that to the cop and she said she would run the number and make sure everything was fine. Well no, apparently I didn't have a license. Mine expired 4 months ago.

She asked me what I was doing in chico, I told her I was meeting some friends to hang out because he just moved there. She told me she was going to have to tow my car and they would give me a ride in to Orland, a piece of shit redneck town full of assholes and one nice person.

So I pulled some shit together, made sure I had everything of any value out of the car, and got into the back of a cop car for the second time in my life. Luckily I wasn't in any trouble this time, but it's still awkward being released from the back of a cop car at a gas station.

The one nice person I met in Orland was this lady with a tennis ball sized lump hanging off her jaw, she offered my free coffee but the jokes on her, I took free hot chocolate.

I was only supposed to be in chico for 1 night, but because I got towed on a Saturday night, it meant that I would be able to do nothing until monday. This wouldn't be that bad if I had brought more clothes than the ones I was wearing, but at least I was with friends.

When monday finally came around my friends dropped me off at the DMV so I could renew my license, which took 2 hours. I spent those two hours listening to a 32 year old ex con hit on a 23 year old sorority girl. His tactic included the following master strokes;
    -I'm an Ex con
    -I'm 32
    -I drive a van that isn't pretty, but boy howdy do dem speakers bump
    -I grow and sell my own weed
    -I go hiking a lot, and a long hike to me is 30 miles

After I got my license renewed and my friends had collected their shit from his apartment, we could finally head to the tow yard and get my car out. Or not. The lady told me that the police had put a hold on my car, which meant I would need to go to the highway patrol building, which was 20 miles away. That's not something I'm too pleased about. The cop who pulled me over told me that all I would need to do is show up to the tow yard with a licensed driver, or a renewed license myself, and I could get my car out. Turns out she was wrong.

It was 4:00 and both of those places close at 5, and I was not happy about the possibility of spending an extra night sleeping on the floor of a barren room listening to my friend make awkward-sick-period love to his girlfriend, who apparently had a nasty case of dry vagina (just one of the many things they told me about their love life).

On the way to the CHP building, my friends GF see's a starbucks sign from the freeway and asks if we can stop and get coffee. Yeah, we have roughly 40 minutes before everything shuts down and we get stuck here for another night, not to mention I'm sure I'm paying out the ass to keep my car there. So yeah, go ahead take your time and grab some coffee. Luckily the starbucks was literally across the street so they got coffee while I got my car released.

Okay, car's been released, I have my license, all I need to do is pay the bill at the tow yard and they'll release my car. I paid 361 bucks for 2 nights of storage. They also stole a pack of beefjerky and my ipod case. Not my ipod, which I accidentally left, but the case that protects it.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Fuck, Filler

That is some shit

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    iStevo wrote: »
    I'd much rather get a blowjob while driving than while watching football.
    The problem is I drive a stick.

What happened to all that Sisu I kept hearing about?

more like sissy

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I'd much rather get a blowjob while driving than while watching football.
    The problem is I drive a stick.

What happened to all that Sisu I kept hearing about?

more like sissy

Hi-oh!

iStevo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fuck, Filler

That is some shit

Yeah.

I also caught their cold, which I still have. Other then all that, it was a fun weekend.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Holy shit Filler that is more than I could handle.

I would've choked a bitch at around the Starbucks point of your story. Probably the bitch in your story.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I love to drive, I love it so much.

Now that I live abroad I've been away from my car for four months. I think I miss my car the most, I haven't driven anything manual over here because the only cars the government gives us are automatics.

It's making me crazy.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    She's nicer then his last, but the girl is getting annoying. She pouts all the time, but especially when she feels she's not getting enough attention. Me and my friend have a shitload of inside jokes and we kind of playoff each other.

We tend to get caught up when we're having fun, shooting jokes back and forth and whatnot, so when we would do this she would get quiet, and stop talking. Then she would start to sigh and get impatient and pretend to be tired or sick.

We watched Anchorman, and she hates will ferrel and most of his movies so it's understandable that she may not like anchorman. However, instead of saying "I'm sorry guys, can we watch something else? I really just don't think this is funny" she said, "This is fucking stupid" and got up and sat by herself in my friends room for 20 minutes. We only got to the "CANNONBALL!" scene.

We were eating pizza in silence for a while before I finally turned to my friend and told him that if he wanted to change the movie that would be fine. So he spent another 10 minutes or so trying to convince her to come down.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    But seriously, car fiasco's suck.

My tire blew out one time on the way home from work, so I decided to park my ruined piece on the inside shoulder, next to the dividing wall and the HOV lane, insted of swerving across three lanes of rush hour traffic spewing sparks from my bare rim.

A cop comes in behind me almost immiedatly, makes sure I'm okay, that whole thing. I'm cool, but I don't have money on hand for a tow and I know I can't be where I am. Po-po says no problem, as long as its out of there before 24 hours. I come back fourteen hours later with a new wheel and the fucker is gone, so I spend the next two days tracking my shit down and three hundred dollars in fines and a pair of summons' later I am not a happy camper.

Turns out a different officer saw my ride early the next morning, slapped me with a parking unlawfully and an abandoned vehicle, and had it towed. I had to find a copy of the NY State Vehicle and Traffic code and prove to the officer, in court, how wrong he was.

I avoided a fifteen hundred dolar judgement, but I still had to fork up three hundred bucks to find and retrieve my car for being wrongfully towed in the first place.

iStevo on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Ah so she's a whiny passive-aggressive?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    But seriously, car fiasco's suck.

My tire blew out one time on the way home from work, so I decided to park my ruined piece on the inside shoulder, next to the dividing wall and the HOV lane, insted of swerving across three lanes of rush hour traffic spewing sparks from my bare rim.

A cop comes in behind me almost immiedatly, makes sure I'm okay, that whole thing. I'm cool, but I don't have money on hand for a tow and I know I can't be where I am. Po-po says no problem, as long as its out of there before 24 hours. I come back fourteen hours later with a new wheel and the fucker is gone, so I spend the next two days tracking my shit down and three hundred dollars in fines and a pair of summons' later I am not a happy camper.

Turns out a different officer saw my ride early the next morning, slapped me with a parking unlawfully and an abandoned vehicle, and had it towed. I had to find a copy of the NY State Vehicle and Traffic code and prove to the officer, in court, how wrong he was.

I avoided a fifteen hundred dolar judgement, but I still had to fork up three hundred bucks to find and retrieve my car for being wrongfully towed in the first place.

Something similar happened to me, it was a big pain in the ass and I was not very happy that day.

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Yes.

Also, is it just me or is it rude enough to make out in public, let alone in public when there's a third member of your party present?

Seriously, a couple times at the bar I'd be sitting at a table with them going at it like it was new years.

It's pretty fucking annoying.

I started doing things to counter this.

I would sit there and complain about the movie. As in, I would watch them and say things like, 'Man this movie sucks, just kiss her for fucks sake! I can't believe I wasted 10 bucks to see this shit. Utterly predictable and contrived piece of work. Not Michael Bays best effort.'

When they would do awkward shit in front of me, like fight and squabble, or talk about her period/dry vagina/sex I would let out a loud meow, look around confused and ask, 'What the hell? Is there a cat in here?'

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Fighting fire with fire baby.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Who actually talks about their period/sexual encounters with their partner in the company of another friend(s). I've been in that situation once, and it just made things so awkward.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I like to drive on seldom traveled roads and see sights and listen to good tunes.

But seriously fuck city driving. So many stupid people I start yelling and oh dear, its just not pretty.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    ubernekouberneko Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ringo wrote: »
    I love driving. Right up until I see the flash of a mobile speed camera unit, then it's not so much fun.

Stupid Phoenix

Yeah they just put those in up near where I live. They are really annoying when you are going like 67 and they shoot this bright red light at you. It's like getting abducted by aliens or something, I swear I lost 3 hours when it happened to me.

uberneko on
  • Options
    ins0mniacins0mniac Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I like to drive on seldom traveled roads and see sights and listen to good tunes.

But seriously fuck city driving. So many stupid people I start yelling and oh dear, its just not pretty.

this is why i hate driving in boston.

oh my god i want to punch everyone driving in that damn city

ins0mniac on
    X-Box Live Gamertag: Merciless319
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Faricazy on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    fari you son of a BITCH

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    she was my friend too

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I can't drive