As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My brand of junk

DaveDwonchDaveDwonch Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Artist's Corner
Hey guys, I've been doing comics for a while, and thought you might dig some of my convention sketches...
thingqu2.jpg
playfightbx0.jpg
spideywebqe4.jpg

DaveDwonch on

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Your art intrigues me...

Any change you could post your comic in this thread so you don't get shut down for "site whoring"?

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I killed the link... I didn't know that they were THAT strict. Do they have issues with signatures?

DaveDwonch on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well, the worst they would have done is ask you to post the art in this thread or take the link down- if you didn't do either of those, they would have locked the thread.

However, you can link to you comic in the sig no problem.

(hopefully I have this all right and I'm not just being an ass for no reason)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Your sig is crazy-huge, though. I think image signatures are limited to 500x80 pixels.

And it's not really "that strict", it's just that making a new a thread without art in it is against the rules, which you can find at the top of the forum. :)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Well, he had the 3 pictures as you see now and a little tag saying "if you like what you see, visit my comic here!" I thought it was borderline but I was probably also a little harsh about it lol.

Nappuccino on

• Options
    edited January 2009
    ASS!

I'm kidding.

I'm a newbie here. In fact I'm a print-comic kinda guy. STC is my first webcomic, and since getting into it, I've found a bunch of cool strips (like Penny Arcade). It's weird, I know. It's like I just discovered the internet or something.

Thanks for looking out!

DaveDwonch on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm actually never too sure about that, but I think......think it's okay to post that, as long as you post art, too.

I'm not a mod, though, so *shrug*.

No harm done in either case. :)

For the art: Spidermang's hand in the foreground looks a bit confusing...I actually think the forearm might be the problem, and how you've got the hand connecting to it. Maybe get rid of that triangular "section" right under the knuckles? I feel there's something off with the finger/knuckle are, too...but I'll get back to that, unless somebody else does.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Sig size, as I understand is to be no larger on either dimension than 500 pixels horizontal by 80 pixels vertical.

I like the group shot quite a bit

Tam on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Thanks! And the sig is fixed!

DaveDwonch on