As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your unpopular opinion

CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
edited January 2009 in Games and Technology
I haven't liked a Mario or Zelda game produced in the post-SNES era. At release, Mario64 had decent graphics but I hated dealing with the camera. Going through the same level over and over again to get different stars annoyed me to no end. And also, it's simply not a real [super] mario game, which in and of itself was a tremendous disappointment.

Zelda:OoT... I really wanted to like this game. First of all, the world is now teeny-tiny. All the exploration of the earlier games is completely gone. Even today,I sometimes just have to laugh at how people complain about how you "don't know what to do" in LoZ... that's the whole POINT of the game. The graphics are truly terrible. The story is about on par with LttP, and still nowhere close to what Square had already accomplished on SNES. Dungeons were made much smaller in scope, and the action now consisted of 1-on-1 duels instead of fighting 5-6 enemies as once.

People like me are the reason N64 lost so hard to PSX. Nintendo basically took all the good-will they built up during my childhood, and decided they were no longer going to make the kind of games I loved. Nintendo didn't upgrade Mario and Zelda, they remade the entire thing from scratch, only keeping themes but not gameplay from earlier entries in the series. PSX, on the other hand, by the middle of the generation had scores of game with SNES-style gameplay (FF, DQ, Alundra, Castlevania, SF etc.)

Ok, but I know my opinion is unpopular.
Here's my question, what's YOUR unpopular opinion?


EDIT: I don't think I need to say this, but please respect each others opinions. There's no such thing as being "right" or "wrong" for liking or hating a game. You can discuss your opinions, but don't resort to insults or name-calling.

CygnusZ on
«13456762

Posts

  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Ok, but I know my opinion is unpopular.
    Here's my question, what's YOUR unpopular opinion?

    About particular games, or games in general?

    Egos on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If RE4 isn't going to make an attempt to be playable, I'm not going to make an attempt to play it.

    jothki on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    shadow of the colossus was kind of boring

    Dehumanized on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think FF8 is a pretty ok to good game.

    I cannot play an MGS game to save my life, I think they're awful pieces of shit. I force myself to play them for the VA.


    I hated Bioshock. I treated the actual gameplay as a chore to go through the amazing story and atmosphere. But the gameplay itself was goddamn atrocious.

    Khavall on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Half-Life 2 sucks
    Sucks horribly
    Terrible fucking game
    To clarify, I hated how in Half-Life 2 a lot of the objectives were unclear despite it being unbelievably linear
    I mean seriously I got lost like numerous fucking times in that game. How is that even possible? I dunno
    Also, you know that part at the very beginning where you have to break a board, then crawl through the hole? Yeah I couldn't find that board, so I was stuck there for like 3 fucking hours
    I blame poor game design and shitty lighting for my predicament, because I couldn't find that board for the life of me and even when I did it was incredibly difficult to see
    The guns handled poorly and felt weak, I was terribly unimpressed by the level design
    Lifting objects feels...wrong, it's not like you're lifting so much as hovering it in front of you
    All puzzles boil down to "OH BOY ITS PHYSICS HOW KEWL IS THIS???"
    If Freeman falls more than 10 feet down he takes major damage, this is stupid, come on you can fall fifteen, twenty feet pretty safely irl
    Explosions make no sense, you can be like 30 feet away from the blast and still take damage
    Setpieces were extremely unimpressive
    Controls feel odd, again it's not like you're controlling a person so much as a hovering robot
    Basically everything besides graphics and VA was terrible for me

    Rent on
  • stranger678stranger678 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    shadow of the colossus was kind of boring

    This man speaks truth.

    stranger678 on
    PASig.jpg
  • TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Well I agree about Mario64. That was a really awkward time for consoles when 3D was the new thing for them.

    I think mine is that Nintendo as a game developer is a bit of a shit company for rehashing characters and plots so much. I remember when OoT came out, an interviewer asked if it was a remake of previous Zelda games and they said it was a continuation of previous plots. Sure it is Nintendo, sure it is. It just happens to have more or less the exact same plot.

    TVs_Frank on
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    I think FF8 is a pretty ok to good game.

    I cannot play an MGS game to save my life, I think they're awful pieces of shit. I force myself to play them for the VA.


    I hated Bioshock. I treated the actual gameplay as a chore to go through the amazing story and atmosphere. But the gameplay itself was goddamn atrocious.

    FF8 is probably the most divisive FF game of them all. There are three types of players:

    1) Those that don't understand the system and think the game is too hard.
    2) Those who do understand the system, and like being able to "control" the difficulty.
    3) Those who do understand the system, but feel the game is pathetically easy.

    And there's also the plot. Yeah... sorry, I'd love to hear how that orphanage nonsense makes any sense at all.

    CygnusZ on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    I think FF8 is a pretty ok to good game.

    No see, he said unpopular opinions. Not wrong ones. FF8 was the beginning of the end of that series for me, haven't played any since.

    Morkath on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I find Deus Ex dull and boring.

    I also liked Tribes Vengeance.

    BlueDestiny on
  • HtR-LaserHtR-Laser Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    ITT: People doing it wrong, blaming the game

    HtR-Laser on
  • pslong9pslong9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    LittleBigPlanet - really not that innovative. I just don't think that user-generated content is that innovative.

    pslong9 on
    steam_sig.png

    3DS FC: 0817-3759-2788
  • stranger678stranger678 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Morkath wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    I think FF8 is a pretty ok to good game.

    No see, he said unpopular opinions. Not wrong ones. FF8 was the beginning of the end of that series for me, haven't played any since.

    Junction, Draw, and Triple Triad kept me playing FF8, it's still my second favorite in the series, behind only 6

    stranger678 on
    PASig.jpg
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You guys are on drugs if you think OOT and Mario64 were bad games.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't like the Zelda games. They seem like the kind of thing that would be right up my alley, and I've given almost all of them a fair chance; they just haven't ever clicked for me. I don't have any irrational hatred for them or anything, but they're not my bag.

    LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    To be fair, once the orphanage thing hit I just finished the game to finish the game. I don't really play games for the plot unless the plot is enough to really grab me and suck me in. So like, Bioshock(MotherFUCKER of all bad gameplay), Planescape Torment, KOTOR 2, those games I play for the plot. Gears, Strategy Games, Crysis, I play for the game.

    Khavall on
  • chasehatesbearschasehatesbears Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I have never understood all the hype around the Final Fantasy series. In the newer games, all the protagonists seem pretty unlikeable and I can't stand the battle system or random encounters.

    Haven't enjoyed GTA since 3. Just hasn't done it for me since.

    Played Mass Effect with some friends a few days ago, and I think we spent most of our time in fucking elevators or "interacting" with NPC's in extremely long conversations.

    chasehatesbears on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I thought that Metroid Prime 3 was way, WAY worse than both 1 and 2. There was far less exploration, hardly a single interesting scan to read despite everything being scannable, turning was always awkward as hell, and the attempts to add more characters, dialogue, and a more traditional narrative in general were absolutely pathetic. Also, the graphics didn't impress me at all (much unlike MP1and 2), though of course that's more of the Wii's fault than anything else.

    I'd as far as to say the game was just mediocre in general.

    Edit: Oh, and I agree about Mass Effect: BGII is probably one of my favorite games of all time, but Bioware just fell flat on their face with that generic sci-fi crap plot combined with amazingly shitty shooting combat.

    Darlan on
  • RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Morkath wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    I think FF8 is a pretty ok to good game.

    No see, he said unpopular opinions. Not wrong ones. FF8 was the beginning of the end of that series for me, haven't played any since.

    Then your post is a P A R A D O X. Anyways, this is basically a thread dedicated to trolling.

    Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    TVs_Frank wrote: »
    Well I agree about Mario64. That was a really awkward time for consoles when 3D was the new thing for them.

    I think mine is that Nintendo as a game developer is a bit of a shit company for rehashing characters and plots so much. I remember when OoT came out, an interviewer asked if it was a remake of previous Zelda games and they said it was a continuation of previous plots. Sure it is Nintendo, sure it is. It just happens to have more or less the exact same plot.

    But why did Nintendo so that in the first place? What possessed them to take all their 2D properties, and basically desert them entierly? I would have probably stayed loyal to Nintendo if they produced a real SMB game to go along with Mario64. Why was there suddenly this attitude across the entire industry that 3D is good and 2D is bad. Really, this transition basically made me stop playing video games for years with the terrible drop in quality.

    Perhaps this is another unpopular opinion, but I hate how people try to make sense of the Zelda storyline. Really, they were designed with some sort of huge epic-story in mind. They just make whatever game they feel like making.

    CygnusZ on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I hate GTA IV and regret spending money on it.

    Pony on
  • Baz_AndersonBaz_Anderson Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Ultima Online was NOT the golden age of MMO games. It could be fun, but it dead-ended in a lot of places where it was suppose to innovate- including in PVP; which basically became "play this one uber-build or be left behind". PVP was often too easy for some, too difficult for others, and both are the kiss of death to a game like that.

    Simplifying and opening up new options is not necessarily "dumbing down." Creating systems that are intuitive and build upon themselves to grow in complexity mimic how most people learn in real life. People who like games to be easy to pick up and enjoy early on are not lazy or stupid. People who do not wish to wall themselves up in a basement somewhere with bottles of "Mana Potion" energy shots and bags of spicy cheetoes are not stupid, lazy or lacking in the ability to "pwn". They just see the game as something fun to do when they are not working, socializing, getting out of the house; as opposed to seeing the game as a full time career that will one day lead them to join a professional gaming league where they will suddenly become in-shape, handsome, smart, wise, well-read, well-rounded, socially capable and incredibly irresistible to the opposite (or otherwise desired) sex.

    Baz_Anderson on
    www.PopCultureOfDestruction.com

    Check out "How to Break Into the Industry. Any Industry."

    "I thought this was solid and I will shamelessly steal it. Hope you don’t mind." ..... Paul Barnett, Design Manager of Warhammer Online
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009

    Played Mass Effect with some friends a few days ago, and I think we spent most of our time in fucking elevators or "interacting" with NPC's in extremely long conversations.

    20071116.jpg

    Egos on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    RE4 is a terrible game with unusable controls and an overly restrictive camera that doesn't let you see much of anything. Both are incredibly cheap tricks to increase "tension," rather than actually bothering to design the game as such because Capcom's staff is a bunch of incompetent monkeys when it comes to game design. Trying to be an "action movie" also doesn't excuse the horrendous plot and non-sensical and impossible design of the levels. The fact that Capcom takes pride in the RE continuity they've made is utterly baffling.

    Diablo 2 is one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever tried to play.

    Starcraft does not, in fact, hold up well today. It doesn't hold up well at all. It's a pretty crappy game.

    Bethesda Softworks has yet to make a good game. Daggerfall? Shit. Morrowind? Also shit. Oblivion? Somehow they managed to make it less shit and more shit at the same time. Fallout 3? They took strides towards improvement. Then fucked it up. So it's also shit.

    The Force Unleashed was one of the most fun games released last year.

    Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is the best HoMM game so far. HoMMIV is the second best. 3 is dated and imbalanced and not as great as everyone thinks.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pancake wrote: »

    The Force Unleashed was one of the most fun games released last year.
    .

    It sucks that you can't cut people in half with the lightsaber :(

    Egos on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I just plain dislike JRPGs

    Pony on
  • LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    RE4 is a terrible game with unusable controls and an overly restrictive camera that doesn't let you see much of anything. Both are incredibly cheap tricks to increase "tension," rather than actually bothering to design the game as such because Capcom's staff is a bunch of incompetent monkeys when it comes to game design. Trying to be an "action movie" also doesn't excuse the horrendous plot and non-sensical and impossible design of the levels. The fact that Capcom takes pride in the RE continuity they've made is utterly baffling.

    Diablo 2 is one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever tried to play.

    Starcraft does not, in fact, hold up well today. It doesn't hold up well at all. It's a pretty crappy game.

    Bethesda Softworks has yet to make a good game. Daggerfall? Shit. Morrowind? Also shit. Oblivion? Somehow they managed to make it less shit and more shit at the same time. Fallout 3? They took strides towards improvement. Then fucked it up. So it's also shit.


    The Force Unleashed was one of the most fun games released last year.

    Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is the best HoMM game so far. HoMMIV is the second best. 3 is dated and imbalanced and not as great as everyone thinks.

    I can get behind this.

    LoveIsUnity on
    steam_sig.png
  • PhantPhant Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think Deus Ex sucks. There, I said it. It felt like a bad System Shock 2 wannabe.

    Phant on
  • CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Puzzle Quest is a horrible, punishing game and fuck fuck fuck the developer

    Caswynben on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    Bethesda Softworks has yet to make a good game. Daggerfall? Shit. Morrowind? Also shit. Oblivion? Somehow they managed to make it less shit and more shit at the same time. Fallout 3? They took strides towards improvement. Then fucked it up. So it's also shit.

    Everyone of those games were good. Daggerfall and especially Fallout 3. You also forgot to mention Future Shock and SkyNet in your terrible opinion list. Which is the opposite of truth.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    I think FF8 is a pretty ok to good game.

    I cannot play an MGS game to save my life, I think they're awful pieces of shit. I force myself to play them for the VA.


    I hated Bioshock. I treated the actual gameplay as a chore to go through the amazing story and atmosphere. But the gameplay itself was goddamn atrocious.

    FF8 is probably the most divisive FF game of them all. There are three types of players:

    1) Those that don't understand the system and think the game is too hard.
    2) Those who do understand the system, and like being able to "control" the difficulty.
    3) Those who do understand the system, but feel the game is pathetically easy.

    And there's also the plot. Yeah... sorry, I'd love to hear how that orphanage nonsense makes any sense at all.

    When I first got the game, I got to the end of disc 2 as a part of category 1. When I finally understood that you're NOT supposed to summon your GFs in every battle, I started my file over. Since then I've been firmly in camp 2. The game is easy only if you make it easy. Granted tough, once you understand how to fully use the function system, it it's easy to make it easy, if you catch my drift.

    And yeah, the orphanage scene can go suck a dick.

    Despites that, FF8 is one of my fav PS1 games, along with Xenogears, Castlevania SOTN, Einhander and SF Alpha 3.

    Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pancake wrote: »
    RE4 is a terrible game with unusable controls and an overly restrictive camera that doesn't let you see much of anything. Both are incredibly cheap tricks to increase "tension," rather than actually bothering to design the game as such because Capcom's staff is a bunch of incompetent monkeys when it comes to game design. Trying to be an "action movie" also doesn't excuse the horrendous plot and non-sensical and impossible design of the levels. The fact that Capcom takes pride in the RE continuity they've made is utterly baffling.

    Diablo 2 is one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever tried to play.

    Starcraft does not, in fact, hold up well today. It doesn't hold up well at all. It's a pretty crappy game.

    Bethesda Softworks has yet to make a good game. Daggerfall? Shit. Morrowind? Also shit. Oblivion? Somehow they managed to make it less shit and more shit at the same time. Fallout 3? They took strides towards improvement. Then fucked it up. So it's also shit.


    The Force Unleashed was one of the most fun games released last year.

    Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is the best HoMM game so far. HoMMIV is the second best. 3 is dated and imbalanced and not as great as everyone thinks.

    I can get behind this.

    Why do you think Oblivion is better than Morrowind? I can think of nothing worse than that horrible "all the enemies of the world level up with you" system that Oblivion implemented.

    CygnusZ on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    I hate GTA IV and regret spending money on it.

    Welcome to the club. Or so it seems.

    Hell, you're more likely to get jumped on for saying you thought it was good.

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited January 2009
    Jean wrote: »
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »
    I think FF8 is a pretty ok to good game.

    I cannot play an MGS game to save my life, I think they're awful pieces of shit. I force myself to play them for the VA.


    I hated Bioshock. I treated the actual gameplay as a chore to go through the amazing story and atmosphere. But the gameplay itself was goddamn atrocious.

    FF8 is probably the most divisive FF game of them all. There are three types of players:

    1) Those that don't understand the system and think the game is too hard.
    2) Those who do understand the system, and like being able to "control" the difficulty.
    3) Those who do understand the system, but feel the game is pathetically easy.

    And there's also the plot. Yeah... sorry, I'd love to hear how that orphanage nonsense makes any sense at all.

    When I first got the game, I got to the end of disc 2 as a part of category 1. When I finally understood that you're NOT supposed to summon your GFs in every battle, I started my file over. Since then I've been firmly in camp 2. The game is easy only if you make it easy. Granted tough, once you understand how to fully use the function system, it it's easy to make it easy, if you catch my drift.

    And yeah, the orphanage scene can go suck a dick.

    Despites that, FF8 is one of my fav PS1 games, along with Xenogears, Castlevania SOTN, Einhander and SF Alpha 3.

    I'm of the camp that owned the PC version.

    That made things somewhat... uh... easier.

    Excessively so.

    Aroduc on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    RE4 is a terrible game with unusable controls and an overly restrictive camera that doesn't let you see much of anything. Both are incredibly cheap tricks to increase "tension," rather than actually bothering to design the game as such because Capcom's staff is a bunch of incompetent monkeys when it comes to game design. Trying to be an "action movie" also doesn't excuse the horrendous plot and non-sensical and impossible design of the levels. The fact that Capcom takes pride in the RE continuity they've made is utterly baffling.

    Diablo 2 is one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever tried to play.

    Starcraft does not, in fact, hold up well today. It doesn't hold up well at all. It's a pretty crappy game.

    Bethesda Softworks has yet to make a good game. Daggerfall? Shit. Morrowind? Also shit. Oblivion? Somehow they managed to make it less shit and more shit at the same time. Fallout 3? They took strides towards improvement. Then fucked it up. So it's also shit.


    The Force Unleashed was one of the most fun games released last year.

    Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is the best HoMM game so far. HoMMIV is the second best. 3 is dated and imbalanced and not as great as everyone thinks.

    I can get behind this.

    Why do you think Oblivion is better than Morrowind? I can think of nothing worse than that horrible "all the enemies of the world level up with you" system that Oblivion implemented.

    The idea of "All the enemies of the world level up with you" is kind of cool. But it's kind of cool only if you don't have the oblivion skill system where you can break the system or be broken by the system if you don't know how the system works.

    Khavall on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I wasn't terribly impressed by Mario Galaxy. I stopped playing after what was probably the single worst 'level' I've ever played in a Mario game.

    I'm generally a fan of the SaGa series.

    I wouldn't particularly care if Japan had kept the entire Mother series to itself.

    I liked the Circus Case.

    Slimes are the only good thing to have ever come out of the Dragon Quest series.

    Sin and Punishment is just okay. I'd rather play any number of other regular shmups.

    Star Ocean 3 is far and away superior to Tales of Symphonia.

    No items. Fox only. Final Destination.

    I can't get into Shiren the Wanderer at all. I have no idea what people see in it.

    Frosteey on
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    I just plain dislike JRPGs

    I usually like the gameplay of a jrpg (i know it's bad) and hate everything about the characters and story.

    TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    TVs_Frank wrote: »
    Well I agree about Mario64. That was a really awkward time for consoles when 3D was the new thing for them.

    I think mine is that Nintendo as a game developer is a bit of a shit company for rehashing characters and plots so much. I remember when OoT came out, an interviewer asked if it was a remake of previous Zelda games and they said it was a continuation of previous plots. Sure it is Nintendo, sure it is. It just happens to have more or less the exact same plot.

    But why did Nintendo so that in the first place? What possessed them to take all their 2D properties, and basically desert them entierly?

    Marketing basically. It's like this gen and achievements and god knows what else. Everyone has to have it because the competition does.

    TVs_Frank on
  • kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I couldn't stand Final Fantasy 12, it is the first one starting at 7 that I have not finished. The combat system and the license system both took all the fun out of the game.

    kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Khavall wrote: »
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    RE4 is a terrible game with unusable controls and an overly restrictive camera that doesn't let you see much of anything. Both are incredibly cheap tricks to increase "tension," rather than actually bothering to design the game as such because Capcom's staff is a bunch of incompetent monkeys when it comes to game design. Trying to be an "action movie" also doesn't excuse the horrendous plot and non-sensical and impossible design of the levels. The fact that Capcom takes pride in the RE continuity they've made is utterly baffling.

    Diablo 2 is one of the most boring pieces of shit I've ever tried to play.

    Starcraft does not, in fact, hold up well today. It doesn't hold up well at all. It's a pretty crappy game.

    Bethesda Softworks has yet to make a good game. Daggerfall? Shit. Morrowind? Also shit. Oblivion? Somehow they managed to make it less shit and more shit at the same time. Fallout 3? They took strides towards improvement. Then fucked it up. So it's also shit.


    The Force Unleashed was one of the most fun games released last year.

    Heroes of Might and Magic 5 is the best HoMM game so far. HoMMIV is the second best. 3 is dated and imbalanced and not as great as everyone thinks.

    I can get behind this.

    Why do you think Oblivion is better than Morrowind? I can think of nothing worse than that horrible "all the enemies of the world level up with you" system that Oblivion implemented.

    The idea of "All the enemies of the world level up with you" is kind of cool. But it's kind of cool only if you don't have the oblivion skill system where you can break the system or be broken by the system if you don't know how the system works.

    Yes. Other games have done this for years. Some of the best RPGs ever made have done this. They just did it well. Doing things well isn't exactly Bethesda's thing, however.

    And Oblivion did improve on Morrowind in some respects like the addition of fast traveling (which would have been better had it been implemented like it was in FO3) and the revamped combat system (which was pretty crappy still).

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.